A Section 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
BIG SHOW - Montagna got 8 the first time after he was dobbed in by Brighton for a head high tackle that unfortunately injured the Brighton player - interesting that the umpire was 2m away and only paid a free and that no Brighton players remonstrated - very unlucky. Given that he pleaded guilty to this weeks charge but had to front, he was given a minimum of four (instead of the prescribed 2) for attending the tribunal + 2 for a previous charge.

He may not be innocent but is very unlucky and is a quality person.

i've watched both incidents on the dartfish website and there was nothing "unfortunate" about either of the incidents. the OB guy received a broken jaw in 2 places from a deliberate elbow well after the ball left the area so he deservedly received 8 weeks (the tribunal watched the footage too I believe hence the 8 weeks) and a deliberate hook to the face of the stbm player which knocked him out cold before he hit the deck isn't caused by an "unlucky" player...

with the most recent 6 weeks, why was he made to front the tribunal if he accepted the prescribed 2 and what was the other 2 weeks for?

14 weeks in 1 season - unlucky you reckon...

a1017.gif

Two points clear, God Yeah may just have a lock on this...

Ok, so its now a lock that 2nd Semi will be Coll v Xavs and 1st Semi DeLa v Blues. What are the peoples thoughts and odds?

Xavs - $2.20
DeLa - $3.10
Coll - $4.00
Blues - $4.60

Xavs v De La GF IMO.

get me on the purples at those odds. best balanced side of the top 4 and ready to take on OX. genuine goalkicking options both tall and small.

Real market on Sportsbet.com.au is as follows:

Collegians 2.60
Old Xavs 2.75
De La Salle 3.25
Uni Blues 6.50

More like it willy. Though the blues @ $6.50 is tempting if all their players are up and about. But where's Octo? I've got the readies for the Violet Crumbles @ $4.

OX
UB
DLS
COLL
SBMT

Thanks again to OTP for running the tipping comp this year, I think I speak on behalf of all posters on this forum that it was a job well done.

Good luck to all those playing finals, I know I will be

OX
UB
DLS
COLL
SBMT

Thanks again to OTP for running the tipping comp this year, I think I speak on behalf of all posters on this forum that it was a job well done.

Good luck to all those playing finals, I know I will be
OX
OS
DLS
COLL
OT

A couple of roughies to try and peg back the gap. OS have a huge crack as always though the big guns are back for the Blues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a1018.gif

God Yeah is our worthy winner for 2010. If only I hadn't missed my tips for round 7... but then I'd have still lost.

big-ass-prize.jpg

I would have got God Yeah a big ass prize, but as I don't know him well enough to enquire as to the ampleness of his derriere, the blow-up Spongebob Squarepants must remain locked in the prize cupboard for another year.

Just having a look at the odds available on Sportsbet.com.au.... I'm thinking OX are overs!!

Odds:
De La Salle 2.40
Collegians 2.60
Old Xaverians 2.75

Thoughts?

The finals system is a joke. Gook luck to De La but how get you get a week off for finishing 3rd. Nice and fresh for the loser of 1 & 2 that will then go into that game with a huge disadvantge.

Top 2 deserve more reward for their season. The old VFL used to do it that way and they scrapped it 35 years ago.

Just having a look at the odds available on Sportsbet.com.au.... I'm thinking OX are overs!!

Odds:
De La Salle 2.40
Collegians 2.60
Old Xaverians 2.75

Thoughts?

The finals system is a joke. Gook luck to De La but how get you get a week off for finishing 3rd. Nice and fresh for the loser of 1 & 2 that will then go into that game with a huge disadvantge.

Top 2 deserve more reward for their season. The old VFL used to do it that way and they scrapped it 35 years ago.

It’s based on the philosophy that once you lose in finals you give up all rights and privileges earned during the season proper – think there is some merit in that IMO and is an extension of the fact that the finals is a mini season in its own right.

The alternative is that it is reduced to a 3 week finals series where 1 vs 2 and 3 vs 4 is played on the same day – thoughts??

It’s based on the philosophy that once you lose in finals you give up all rights and privileges earned during the season proper – think there is some merit in that IMO and is an extension of the fact that the finals is a mini season in its own right.

The alternative is that it is reduced to a 3 week finals series where 1 vs 2 and 3 vs 4 is played on the same day – thoughts??

Much better system. Common sense would prevail. if they want the A Grade final played on the last possible Sunday of the season then maybe a week off for all teams leading into the finals. Xavier or Collegians may have 2 weeks out of 4 off which may not be a good thing.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if the the umpires for the Premier Grand Final in a fortnight's time consisted of Tim Sutcliffe, Russell Davidson, and possibly Sacha Koffman.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if the the umpires for the Premier Grand Final in a fortnight's time consisted of Tim Sutcliffe, Russell Davidson, and possibly Sacha Koffman.
Jordan Bannister is also a very handy umpire. Would not surprise me to see him take the opening bounce on the last dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back