A Section 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The alternative is that it is reduced to a 3 week finals series where 1 vs 2 and 3 vs 4 is played on the same day – thoughts??

Since I have watched ammos footy, this has been the preferred setup for finals,
but I think they have made the change this year given the state of EP due to the wet winter,
personally I hate it, but I'm not sure what else they could have done, seeing as though they are hellbent on charging an arm and a leg to watch an ammos game

The 4 week finals series is more comprimised than the tribunal and is nothing more the a $$$$$$ grabbing exercise by the Ammos.

How can anyone at headquaters legimately argue that the system is fair? OX now have to front up after playing in a pig pen (that is another disgrace - 6 games per weekend in finals rather than 4 in other years) against De La, who have 7 days extra rest, are confident after playing super well in the first semi on a firm track. Same for OH in B grade?

On another matter, what is it with OX and Coll - why cant they get over them?

Good on ya Trott.

You really are a peanut.

You care to expand on this DShlapp? I'd be interested to hear some OX people's take on the men in white on Sunday. I don't expect to many complaints!!!! If I was an OX player or supporter I'd walk away on Sunday saying 'we even had an extra man or men and couldn't beat them'.

Quite simply the only thing worse than the umpiring was the ground.

The umpiring today was disgusting.. so many horrible decisions.

Couldn't agree more... At one end there was an umpire paying everything and one at the other not paying a single thing, all we ask for is consistency and we didn't get that at all

Hope it doesn't ruin the granny, hoping our neighbours win it!

Will Andrew Ramsden get the gig? Very strong rumour he will be installed as coach.
Not a lot of banter going on here considering it's an important week, anyone backing us to roll Old Xavs?
I may head to the Premier B thread, at least they post every hour or so.

Rambo to get a 5 year playing coach deal for the OT's and Scribe to return to the fold as his boundary line side kick.

Scribe will be mentored by Dyson Hore Lacey (home games only).

The Whale.:D

De La will expose OX this sunday. OX kicked 6 goals at the wick last week, DLS kicked 24 goals against UB the week before.

Xavs will need to be up by 4 or more goals at half time - the Dairy Bellers will run all over them in the second half.

DLS by 7 goals

De La will expose OX this sunday. OX kicked 6 goals at the wick last week, DLS kicked 24 goals against UB the week before.

Xavs will need to be up by 4 or more goals at half time - the Dairy Bellers will run all over them in the second half.

DLS by 7 goals

I'm not sure if you were at the game last sunday, the ground was in terrible condition compared to the week before

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The man stays up late monitoring the buzz. Gotta admire his dedication.

I think De La may get over Xavs, can't use ground condition as an excuse because the Dairy Bellers have been training at the world's premier mud wrestling pit for the last couple of weeks.

Kicking accurately and being able to take marks with the slippery pill will be key this weekend.

Will Andrew Ramsden get the gig? Very strong rumour he will be installed as coach.
Not a lot of banter going on here considering it's an important week, anyone backing us to roll Old Xavs?
I may head to the Premier B thread, at least they post every hour or so.

Rambo is definitely not coaching the Ts, nor is Brett. Trinity have a very talented young list but they are such a long way from being a top quality A-grade side like bues, xavs and de la have become. This is what all of the less established A-grade teams are ultimately aiming for. Unfortunately for trinity, potential has too often manifested itself as inconsistency and immaturity. hopefully time will see this change.

DLS by 7 goals

Sometimes stats lie maradona, while i wasnt at the DLS blues game i think i can safely say that the ground and weather conditions were far worse not to mention the defensive qualities of both teams. xavs are a quality outfit and i cant see de la getting near them unfortunately...

Xavs for mine - their backline especially Noonon on Moore, B-combe on Pickett, Dimmatina on Duggan all good enough to keep DLS to a management score in heavy conditions. Their strength around the ball and in the rucks should also take effect. However, should DLS get over them then I think that they are good things to beat the purples.

DLS by 7 goals

Are De La going to play ring rosey all day long, or are they even going to think about kicking to a key position player ?

DLS by 7 goals

You were half right. They did run all over them but you still need to kick goals. Perhaps when they were running all over them they could have kicked the ball at the goals as well!
Amazing last quarter from the ox backs.

So, it's Old Xaverians, appearing in yet another grand final, up against Collegians. I can't tip against Xavs, seeing they've been there and done it before on Grand Final Day, while Collegians' will have some long memories regarding their effort the last time the Lions appeared in the A Section/Premier Grand Final, when they were humiliated by St Bedes Mentone Tigers in 2008, and would want to erase those memories out of their minds.

Ol Xaverians by 5 goals.

Wow. What a game. Xavs by how far when Mercuri goaled late in the second for a 7.3 to 1.5 lead with the wind to come. De La by how far when they opened up a 9 point lead mid last with the howler behind them. Xavs never say die attitude in finals yet again. Next Sunday should be a ripper.

Wow. What a game. Xavs by how far when Mercuri goaled late in the second for a 7.3 to 1.5 lead with the wind to come. De La by how far when they opened up a 9 point lead mid last with the howler behind them. Xavs never say die attitude in finals yet again. Next Sunday should be a ripper.
Xav's running players got on top in the last quarter but one feels they may need to inject some more pace into the forward line next Sunday if they are to beat the fleet footed lions. D.Rush an absolute liability for Xavs in an already cumbersome forward line.

Well done, Xavers. Just did enough on the day. Good Luck next week. Still surprised, as were a few others, that Oakley's mark wasn't paid 20m in front of goal in the last 2 mins. The only one who had hands on it.

Xav's running players got on top in the last quarter but one feels they may need to inject some more pace into the forward line next Sunday if they are to beat the fleet footed lions. D.Rush an absolute liability for Xavs in an already cumbersome forward line.

Big gale will never suit a slow moving forward. Will Goss play ones? Can you play both games? Sat U19GF, Sun Seniors GF?

Big gale will never suit a slow moving forward. Will Goss play ones? Can you play both games? Sat U19GF, Sun Seniors GF?

Im still trying to work out why Goss was dropped in the first place. looked dangerous against collegians, yes he is young but a bit of youth would do that team good. hes a hard kid to match up on. Rush just wasnt up to it today and did infact look like a liability. Goss kicking 6 in the youngins. Wherever he plays goodluck to his opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back