A Section 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big call Panther!

A wrap from Paul Daffey, touching up a “guy called Turbo” and a gig in an Amateurs Under 19 team doesn’t really cut the mustard…

Fair point though why isn't he in the senior team? Its preceisely these sort of blokes (and there aren't many) that the ammos should be trying to promote and put on display for potential recruiters.

Anyone with Dartfish take a look at the OM's game and you will see why Daffy pumped him up. A short sighted and narrow minded decision by the VAFA to try and get one up on the Country. Undermines both the integrity of the entire competition and the purpose of representative football, being that the best players play it.

Big call Panther!

A wrap from Paul Daffey, touching up a “guy called Turbo” and a gig in an Amateurs Under 19 team doesn’t really cut the mustard…

I was talking up Nicholson. From what I've seen this year, he is easily in the top 10 players in A Grade. Absolute jet.

He should have been selected for the Senior Rep side IMO & just using as a reference, the difference in him & a Tommy Macpherson (who I know quite well) is about the same as a top A Grade side to Old Essendon.

Nicholson's case is helped by the fact that one of GWS highest officials is involved directly with the Blues.

Alright so back into it all this weekend.

I'm going to have a crack at the tips first up

SBMT V OB - SBMT to strong at home
OT V OS - I'll go with OS, they would be very keen to get one back for the last time they playerd
COLL V DLS - DLS, great match though, might be hard to bounce back from a 100+ point loss for Coll
OM's V Uni Blues - I'll take Uni please
Marc V OX - OX by plenty

Good luck to all for the second half of the year

Hard for Coll to forget and easy for others to remember that in conditions where 'head over the ball' footy was required, someone was nowhere to be seen.

DLS - 3.00
OX - 3.50
Uni - 9.00
Stb - 15.00
Coll - 25.00

DeLa @ $3 is about right. Some bias there. OX are too short and St Bedes the value bet for mine.

DeLa @ $3 is about right. Some bias there. OX are too short and St Bedes the value bet for mine.
It is pretty simple - will depend on who's on the park for each of the top teams. Injuries are important as the gap between A and A reserve is getting wider. Xavs look very hard to beat if at full stength as they have been for a couple of weeks - Marcus Allan is a beauty as a new addition.

SBMT need their best 22 or no chance. Ditto Collegians, better than SBMT on paper but less fight. If Uni can put it together can beat anyone - they should have won 3 or 4 in the last eight years. De La, better than honest and very consistent, will set the bar for over to jump over if they can..

Xavs can never be short. Particularly with the list they have and some of the guys running around in the 2's. De La and Xavs very even. Like most of there recent meetings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SBMT v OB - The bogans by a loooong way. SBMT 75 pts

OT v OS - I have no idea here, but im sticking with the Ts at home. OT by 13pts

COLL v DLS - Both teams will be strong, the midseason break came at the perfect time for the lions, they would have forgotten about the mauling they copped off the blues. But unfortunately for them De La would not have and will put them to the sword. DLS by 62 pts

OM v UB - UB are starting to look the goods and are putting themselves in premiership contention. UB by 36 pts

MAR v OX - Will get ugly. OX by 131 pts

a1010.gif

I thought it would be a good time to pose some questions of you well informed A section watchers - Brian Speaking, you can anser as well if you like ! Only joking Nick, my spies tell me you were at Mentone yesterday to watch your 2nd favourite team..

1. When will the board of Old Scotch finally lose patience with the highest paid and most under achieving coach in A Section?

2. Have the Lions been shown up as pretenders?

3. Will the blues slow start to the year cost them a finals spot?

4. Can Rambo keep Trinity up...again ? and is he glad he didn't follow his mates down to Aquinas

5. Will Marcellin win a game ?

6. is a De La / Xavs GF a mere formality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back