A third forward

Remove this Banner Ad

BlueBoy41

Senior List
Nov 10, 2004
Other Teams
Carlton
Whitnall and Fevola performed so well in tandem during the Wizard Cup that the media dubbed their combination 'the Whitnall and Fevola Show'. Now, opposition clubs have cottoned onto our one-dimensional plan going forward and are exposing us. I reckon we need a third power forward who can slip under the opposition's guard consistently... Deluca I think has the potential but I'm thinking someone even more damaging... perhaps we need to recruit a gun forward.

DeLuca, Waite, Davies, Morrell (when we don't need him in defence, ditto Lappin), Betts, Longmuir. I think these are all dangerous third and fourth forward options.

I don't think our forward line is necessarily the problem. We are in desperate need of another two key defenders. Also, our delivery into the forward line needs some work. As a team, we need to learn how to find that third or fourth forward option when Fev and Lance are getting beaten.

We need a REAL CHF. Someone who can take contested marks. Not 2 190cm pseudo key forwards.

You can bag tarrant and rocca all you like but they both take contested marks. We have no one to take a contested mark.

I'm not sure who will be our extractor once Kouta is finished. We cannot win the contested ball

Remove this Banner Ad

A third forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back