Autopsy A win for the true believers - swans down pies

Remove this Banner Ad

McKray comments about the 'it should have been a 50' malarky

Collingwood coach Craig McRae has sensationally claimed umpires would've paid a 50m penalty to his side in the final seconds, had the game been played at the MCG tonight.

McRae was asked about a final-minute play which saw Sydney's Tom McCartin overrun the mark following a mark to Dan McStay 65m out from Collingwood's goal.

"I reckon if it was at the MCG it would've been paid. There's definitely a home ground advantage," he told reporters.

"I thought it was a 50m penalty to the letter of the law."

McRae said he expects the AFL to come out and admit to the umpiring errors in the coming days.
You pathetic little bitch, McRae

McKray comments about the 'it should have been a 50' malarky

Collingwood coach Craig McRae has sensationally claimed umpires would've paid a 50m penalty to his side in the final seconds, had the game been played at the MCG tonight.

McRae was asked about a final-minute play which saw Sydney's Tom McCartin overrun the mark following a mark to Dan McStay 65m out from Collingwood's goal.

"I reckon if it was at the MCG it would've been paid. There's definitely a home ground advantage," he told reporters.

"I thought it was a 50m penalty to the letter of the law."

McRae said he expects the AFL to come out and admit to the umpiring errors in the coming days.
McRae just trying to distract from his own coaching blunders - like having Crisp effectively shut down Heeney for 3 quarters & then somehow releasing the shackles.

Come on. I'm not thrilled with it but the coaches changed a few things up both before and during the game.
Watching the coaches in the box they were beside themselves at what the players were doing (or not doing). The decision making most of the game was beyond ordinary and execution was terribly iffy. Players would look up and there was no-one in good position to receive, fumbly little handballs. If I wasn't already bald I would have pulled my last bit of hair out.
Basically Heeney won us the game along with a few cameos. The team from the first half of the year would have won by 8-10 goals.

Watching the coaches in the box they were beside themselves at what the players were doing (or not doing). The decision making most of the game was beyond ordinary and execution was terribly iffy. Players would look up and there was no-one in good position to receive, fumbly little handballs. If I wasn't already bald I would have pulled my last bit of hair out.
Basically Heeney won us the game along with a few cameos. The team from the first half of the year would have won by 8-10 goals.
Played like we’d forgotten how to win until the last.

You are not wrong

BUT the team from the last month would have got rolled by 50 after 3/4 time

I'm getting really tired of these hot potato 30cm handballs, we seem to be a little handball happy and it hasn't served us.

We looked good to tonight when we chipped it through the middle and found targets.

I hope we use our foot skills more.

Some confidence may be back

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heeneys last qtr was one of the best individual performances I have ever seen. A tonne of the ball, brutal contests won, clutch goal and monster marks. Just an insane level of footy.

For how good heeney was, mccartin was just as bad. He's like watching grand parent deterioate atm. His footy iq seems to be going backwards. His decision making is by far the worst in the league. He takes too long with the ball and has an uncanny ability to either turn the ball over or get pinged holding the ball when 99.9% of players would be able to force a ball up.

He is a pure liability out there atm

Me all game

Melting Music Video GIF by Cuco

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy A win for the true believers - swans down pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back