MRP / Trib. Ablett found NOT GUILTY of intentional strike

Remove this Banner Ad

Your claim is that the Ablett contact could not be avoided?! I can't buy that mate. The ball isn't even in the frame.

As for contact, they have both been given low rating, and in GAJ's case there definitely was contact.

View attachment 668652
Maybe you should use your precious time to do something constructive.
Coming in here and arguing a point is utterly pointless, no matter how nice you think you are being.
You're coming across like a dick.

Maybe you should use your precious time to do something constructive.
Coming in here and arguing a point is utterly pointless, no matter how nice you think you are being.
You're coming across like a dick.

Chill out mate. It's not like I have the power to personally influence this.

Forget about all that guff, you'll beat us anyway. I'm not here to cause dramas.
I'm just asking you (& others) to look at this in an unbiased manner.
He may very well appeal and get up, but you would have to think Cousins was dudded if that happened.
BS! I am looking at this in an unbiased way and am not such a fan of Ablett but do want to see a fair tribunal. Seen both and Ablett never even connected with the head! Cousins connected front on with a raised elbow that did connect with the chin!

I'd understand any player getting done if they were coming from an angle and used a forearm. There's more mass behind it. I.e. Imagine he came from shiels left @90 degrees and did that.

But Gaz was tracking Shiel. He wasn't coming from an angle.
I'd understand if Ablett swung the forearm. I probably would have.
I just don't see how it's intentional.

It's only a week, so we will live. But there's still nothing in it.

That's one week for glancing contact.

Some people need to chill, we have north this week and we needed to rest gaz at some point anyway.
Ever consider Gaz might be proud of his record of 18 years 320 games without suspension,this incident should not be the one that spoils that incredible run of self control. Challenging should be a no brainer regardless of whether we want to give him a rest or not.

Ever consider Gaz might be proud of his record of 18 years 320 games without suspension,this incident should not be the one that spoils that incredible run of self control. Challenging should be a no brainer regardless of whether we want to give him a rest or not.

This. For whatever my opinion on Ablett the bloke is, he's the cleanest player you're likely to see on the field and you could see he was disgusted when he was reported. He'll be very keen to appeal, not just because it's soft as butter but because he would feel personally slighted if his record was tarnished for such a nothing incident.

He's in strife if you go by the Cousins ruling.
What about previous unblemished IMMACULATE record. That should have impact in this decision, any tribunal proceedings. Who is Cousins? When Parsons got weeks, it was deserved. Young players that go before a tribunal have created a record for themselves and deserve to be treated more severely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is NOTHING! A little bitchslap, shouldn't have even made it to the tribunal!

I agree!

What about previous unblemished IMMACULATE record. That should have impact in this decision, any tribunal proceedings. Who is Cousins? When Parsons got weeks, it was deserved. Young players that go before a tribunal have created a record for themselves and deserve to be treated more severely.

Is that even a ground for appeal?

Of coarse he should be proud of his record. He’s a legend of our game, and he could still get off, I could see it going either way. If you read my other post you would see I said we would and should challenge. I just think some of the carry on is a bit ridiculous.

At the ground I thought one week straight away but after watching the replay thought he had a bit of wriggle room. Not to be. It’s soft but not that unexpected. Happy to appeal it though.

Your claim is that the Ablett contact could not be avoided?! I can't buy that mate. The ball isn't even in the frame.

As for contact, they have both been given low rating, and in GAJ's case there definitely was contact.

View attachment 668652

Watched the cousins one, interesting comparison, but I think his had more force than Ablett’s. I would be going with insufficient force to get him if.

Of coarse he should be proud of his record. He’s a legend of our game, and he could still get off, I could see it going either way. If you read my other post you would see I said we would and should challenge. I just think some of the carry on is a bit ridiculous.
This place is famous for the ridiculous.

About time that he got a suspension. Moving to the forward line like his old man. Now smashing opponents too. I’m loving his transformation into Senior. ...

Martin got a week for king hitting an unsuspecting opponent in the back of the head 100m off the ball.

Are you honestly comparing the two?

Martin actually struck him on the shoulder. But, Dangerfield was allowed to strike a bloke twice and got off, so, i am expecting “the Geelong allowance” to be applied here.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Ablett found NOT GUILTY of intentional strike

Remove this Banner Ad

Back