Adam Simpson meets with AFL to discuss the inequalities that interstate teams put up with

Remove this Banner Ad

The bulldogs beat richmond in 2017 at etihad.

So i consider that a fair assumption that interstate the tigers would lose again.

As for the hawks game - once again that would be an interstate game for richmond - and seeing as richmond havnt beaten a top 4 side interstate in the last three seasons id suggest an interstate win against hawthorn in 2018 would be improbable.
That's what i said right at the start, because you suggest it, does not make it true.

Hawthorn just don't beat Richmond, just like Collingwood don't beat Hawthorn.

North last beat Richmond i think in 2016, when Richmond struggled, but oh look, you have them winning also.

Richmond
That's what i said right at the start, because you suggest it, does not make it true.

Hawthorn just don't beat Richmond, just like Collingwood don't beat Hawthorn.

North last beat Richmond i think in 2016, when Richmond struggled, but oh look, you have them winning also.
Of course i did

Richmond would be flying from perth to tasmania.

Norths record at tasmania is amazing

They beat us there this year and we beat two top four teams interstate

Richmond wouldnt stand a chance with their interstate record.

Yep you can't please everyone, so long as you've got the majority covered
51% is a majority but you would be insane to ignore 49% of your customers. Victoria might have a greater population than the other states individually, but not combined. The issue of Victorian bias actually adversely affects about 50 per cent of AFL fans.

Richmond
Of course i did

Richmond would be flying from perth to tasmania.

Norths record at tasmania is amazing

They beat us there this year and we beat two top four teams interstate

Richmond wouldnt stand a chance with their interstate record.
If they travelled more they may be more ‘familair’ with the routine and actually be better at it.

Because you say so?

Go away.
And im saying so based on the fact that they are terrible away from home.

In their premiership year they beat the bottom five and port away from the g

Even down the road at etihad they lost to the saints and the dogs

For the last 3 years richmond have become almost unbeatable at the mcg - their home ground

Take them away from there and they are 1/4 the team - this is not because i say so - this is because the facts show that they have beaten one top 8 team away from melbourne in 3 years.

If the eagles had richmonds interstate record we wouldnt make finals.

If they travelled more they may be more ‘familair’ with the routine and actually be better at it.

Yes - they would get better at playing away from home on unfamiliar grounds - better at dealing with one sided crowds.

Its like a muscle thats excercised or a skill thats practised over and over till you are really good at it.

In essence - its a very very hard earned thing.

Of course richmond as it stands can just forfeit interstate games against top 8 teams - save the travel and wear and tear, still come top 4 and not travel in finals and play the penultimate game at their home ground.

Which is kinda the point.

And im saying so based on the fact that they are terrible away from home.

In their premiership year they beat the bottom five and port away from the g

Even down the road at etihad they lost to the saints and the dogs

For the last 3 years richmond have become almost unbeatable at the mcg - their home ground

Take them away from there and they are 1/4 the team - this is not because i say so - this is because the facts show that they have beaten one top 8 team away from melbourne in 3 years.

If the eagles had richmonds interstate record we wouldnt make finals.
Do you know how stupid you sound?

Read this slowly.

North were NOT a top 8 team.

Do you know how stupid you sound?

Read this slowly.

North were NOT a top 8 team.

Neither were the western bulldogs or the saints in 2017

Yet richmond lost to both of them away from the mcg

Richmond lost to adelaide in adelaide in 2017 - adelaide also missed the 8

Norths record against teams anywhere on the table in tassie is amazing

Despite not being top 8

Neither were the western bulldogs or the saints in 2017

Yet richmond lost to both of them away from the mcg

Richmond lost to adelaide in adelaide in 2017 - adelaide also missed the 8

Norths record against teams anywhere on the table in tassie is amazing

Despite not being top 8
OMG you are so dense.

Just because these things happened in 2017, means nothing.

Collingwood finished 13th in 2017, WC didn't make the GF in 2017.

51% is a majority but you would be insane to ignore 49% of your customers. Victoria might have a greater population than the other states individually, but not combined. The issue of Victorian bias actually adversely affects about 50 per cent of AFL fans.

How many teams in Victoria vs the other states? Come on man don’t be so silly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes - they would get better at playing away from home on unfamiliar grounds - better at dealing with one sided crowds.

Its like a muscle thats excercised or a skill thats practised over and over till you are really good at it.

In essence - its a very very hard earned thing.

Of course richmond as it stands can just forfeit interstate games against top 8 teams - save the travel and wear and tear, still come top 4 and not travel in finals and play the penultimate game at their home ground.

Which is kinda the point.
Isn’t the point that MCG tenants actually have barely inflated records at the MCG compared to overall games!?

Since 2010 Richmond have won 54% of their total games, and 58% at the G.

Collingwood have won 61% of total games, and G record is also 61%.

Hawks have won 71% of total games, and G record is just 69%.

How can they forfeit any games when they don’t have a better win rate at the G?

You continue to focus on just one outlier season, when Richmond broke the consecutive win record in the 100+ year history of footy at the G.

you are basing your theory on a 100 year outlier!!

Isn’t the point that MCG tenants actually have barely inflated records at the MCG compared to overall games!?

Since 2010 Richmond have won 54% of their total games, and 58% at the G.

Collingwood have won 61% of total games, and G record is also 61%.

Hawks have won 71% of total games, and G record is just 69%.

How can they forfeit any games when they don’t have a better win rate at the G?

You continue to focus on just one outlier season, when Richmond broke the consecutive win record in the 100+ year history of footy at the G.

you are basing your theory on a 100 year outlier!!

West coasts record at subi is 65.4 percent

So much for the unassailable hga eh

Btw i only said they could just forfeit interstates games against top 8 teams - thats like what? 1 or 2 games a year for a mcg tenant side

Last edited:
OMG you are so dense.

Just because these things happened in 2017, means nothing.

Collingwood finished 13th in 2017, WC didn't make the GF in 2017.
I based my prediction on richmonds away record in 3 years 2016,17 and 18

In those three years they struggled to beat anyone away from the mcg bar the absolute bottom of the ladder teams.

West coasts record at subi is 65.4 percent

So much for the unassailable hga eh

Btw i only said they could just forfeit interstates games against top 8 teams - thats like what? 1 or 2 games a year for a mcg tenant side
WC record at Optus is 78%.

Seeing as you think using an historic record is fine for projecting forward from...

Based on their historic record at Optus, WC will hv a minimum 9 wins every year from the 12 games at Optus...they only need to win 2 or 3 away games to make finals.

Go 50% in games outside of WA and that is 14-15 wins and top4 most years.

Gee those Eagles have it tough.

0C71BD5A-036E-47DE-901C-96767660D31D.jpeg
WC record at Optus is 78%.

Seeing as you think using an historic record is fine for projecting forward from...

Based on their historic record at Optus, WC will hv a minimum 9 wins every year from the 12 games at Optus...they only need to win 2 or 3 away games to make finals.

Go 50% in games outside of WA and that is 14-15 wins and top4 most years.

Gee those Eagles have it tough.
I got my stats from here :

http://www.aussportstipping.com/sports/afl/stadium_records/team/west_coast/

But it only goes back ten years

Where did you get your stats from as a matter of interest??

Those financially struggling Vic teams need the money more than the wealthy interstate sides.

IMO the teason the Eagles dont get many good slots is they dont need the money as much and their supporters turn up anyway.
The ‘good slots’ are based on Melbourne and East Coast times.

GoldCoast prefer twilight games.

WC fans complain if they have a 5:40 start, but that is the ‘good slot’.

A 7:40pm start WA time isn’t a ‘good slot’ commercially.

View attachment 579946
I got my stats from here :

http://www.aussportstipping.com/sports/afl/stadium_records/team/west_coast/

But it only goes back ten years

Where did you get your stats from as a matter of interest??
Yes you pointed me to that website when you incorrectly tried to show home advantage.

WC win 78% of games at Optus, much bigger HGA compared to Subiaco.

12 games at Optus at 78.6 % win rate is 9.4 wins

Compare that to Collingwood at the G, 14 games with a 61.2% win rate is just 8.6 wins.

Tigers even worse, their MCG win rate of just 56.2% so if they get 14 games they going to win less than 8 games....so to try and come top4 would need to win 7 of 8 games away from the G!!

Those poor Eagles have it so tough

Last edited:
Yes you pointed me to that website when you incorrectly tried to show home advantage.

Compare that to Collingwood at the G, 14 games with a 61.2% win rate is just 8.6 wins.

Tigers even worse, their MCG win rate of just 56.2% so if they get 14 games they going to win less than 8 games....so to try and come top4 would need to win 7 of 8 games away from the G!!

Again im interested in where you are getting your stats from?

You’re comparing 9 years worth of results for Collingwood and Richmond against a single premiership year where West Coast also won 8 of 11 games on the road.

Compare our premiership year to Richmond’s last year

You’re comparing 9 years worth of results for Collingwood and Richmond against a single premiership year where West Coast also won 8 of 11 games on the road.

Compare our premiership year to Richmond’s last year
Yes, it is hopefully highlighting how inane Kranky is waffling on about just two seasons when Richmond finally (after 35+ seasons of mediocrity) had some success.

WC have a 78% winning record at their home ground, yet they somehow think they are hard done by!

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam Simpson meets with AFL to discuss the inequalities that interstate teams put up with

Remove this Banner Ad

Back