Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if my memory is serving we well, but I swear Treloar plays similarly to Swanny (purely from a midfield perspective, disregard the goals).
Swanny used to be an amazing accumulator, like Treloar, but would often shank his kicks. I remember him winning a clearance and just bombing it anywhere, often straight to the opposition.
Swanny is universally loved, yet lots of Pies supporters hate Adz for his poor kicking. If we won the flag in 2018 would more people love Adz and be less critical?
Perhaps it's just the way we play now that hurts Adz, we're not like the Tigers with that manic playstyle, or how we used to play under Mick with constant pressure, we are very deliberate now, we have to work so hard for our goals.

Have I lost the plot or is my comparison fair? (maybe I'm just missing Swanny lol)

edit: just checked the stats, Swan used to kick a lot more than handball, so even though they were often rushed kicks from stoppages, he used it more by foot which is important.

Nobody hates Treloar. Not sure of your point.

However I do find it convenient that you have chosen to disregard goal kicking. This is one of Treloars greatest weaknesses, along with having no left foot.

I do agree that people don’t understand that inside mids will have high Clanger counts.

Not sure if my memory is serving we well, but I swear Treloar plays similarly to Swanny (purely from a midfield perspective, disregard the goals).
Swanny used to be an amazing accumulator, like Treloar, but would often shank his kicks. I remember him winning a clearance and just bombing it anywhere, often straight to the opposition.
Swanny is universally loved, yet lots of Pies supporters hate Adz for his poor kicking. If we won the flag in 2018 would more people love Adz and be less critical?
Perhaps it's just the way we play now that hurts Adz, we're not like the Tigers with that manic playstyle, or how we used to play under Mick with constant pressure, we are very deliberate now, we have to work so hard for our goals.

Have I lost the plot or is my comparison fair? (maybe I'm just missing Swanny lol)

edit: just checked the stats, Swan used to kick a lot more than handball, so even though they were often rushed kicks from stoppages, he used it more by foot which is important.
Say NO TO DRUGS!

Nobody hates Treloar. Not sure of your point.

However I do find it convenient that you have chosen to disregard goal kicking. This is one of Treloars greatest weaknesses, along with having no left foot.

I do agree that people don’t understand that inside mids will have high Clanger counts.
A few on here really dislike Adz, maybe not hate, but a strong dislike. Most of the comments are referring to his kicking.

I conveniently left out goal kicking because I was specifically talking about kicking. I wasn't really comparing them as players overall, Swanny was waaaay better overall.

The point of my post? Not sure if I'm being honest 😂

Say NO TO DRUGS!
Never comparing them overall, Swan was a god, I'm purely talking about how people dislike Adz for his bad kicking and clangers, yet I feel like Swan's kicking was not much better. Obviously once you add the goals, the fact that he was built like a brick shithouse and untackleable puts Swan miles ahead

Some drugs are OK ;)

If ever someone was looking for evidence/confirmation that these “journalists” trawl Bigfooty for their stories then this article would have to be Exhibit A. It reads straight out of this thread, usual lazy effort by a Newscorpse employee.
It might be ripping off ideas from here, but if you are going to talk about the supporters perspective, here seems as good a place as any to pick up the vibe. I don't disagree with much of the argument put forth. We've played it abysmally. We've stuffed the salary cap. What possible justification could they have for signing up someone who was unlikely to leave to a long term for big dollars at a time when there was no reason to give out an extension. We are trying to claim we're trading him for mental health issues, yet are doing it in a way that shows no regard for his mental health.

If we get rid of him I hope we get a tall forward in return to balance the list and playing money in respective positions. I think our forward line would be taking up 5% of the salary cap. It’s a disgrace

If we get rid of him I hope we get a tall forward in return to balance the list and playing money in respective positions. I think our forward line would be taking up 5% of the salary cap. It’s a disgrace
The problem is, we have a 211cm donkey in our forward line that is on $500k a year. For what? 1 good game a season. The club seriously has their heads up their own ass's. I don't know if it is Buckley wanting to keep this donkey or the list manager that wants to keep him..
Its quite ease, trade Cox to Swans or Dogs, use his 500k to secure B.Brown. At least we know week in week out, what Brown will deliver. He is consisten and most importantly a good person to have around our club. Not a cocky American, who lets be honest, would not get a game in 2nd divison Eastern Football league.

You are a fool

Here's a tip
Don't question my knowledge
Rose went to Wang Rovers as he was on $ stuff all, got a house a sports store
Club wouldn't assist with moving to a house ,he was living in Johnson Street
Secondly
Leeter Collier went to Tasmania won a b and ffor the state
Two flags and that clown is why we didn't win 6 in a row
Tuddy and Thompson left over Eakins sign on fee

Davis and Williams both went for money and guess what we couldn't afford to keep em

Sydney had a allowance

Oh and salary caps were the norm unwritten in stone but was always adhered to untill the Cloke Raines Walsh fiasco

In fact. My father went and coached country football for the same reason

More money ,better work opportunities
You do realise the club went through financial strain in the 70's and 80's? where was the money going from genius?

The problem is, we have a 211cm donkey in our forward line that is on $500k a year. For what? 1 good game a season. The club seriously has their heads up their own ass's. I don't know if it is Buckley wanting to keep this donkey or the list manager that wants to keep him..
Its quite ease, trade Cox to Swans or Dogs, use his 500k to secure B.Brown. At least we know week in week out, what Brown will deliver. He is consisten and most importantly a good person to have around our club. Not a cocky American, who lets be honest, would not get a game in 2nd divison Eastern Football league.

Cox was reported to be on 250k a year when he signed his 3 year deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cox was reported to be on 250k a year when he signed his 3 year deal
The tall forward signed a three-year deal with the potential for a fourth year on the same money – about $550,000 annually – if he played a certain number of games over those first three years.

y

The other question is how much damage our moronic mental health claims have done to his trade value. It's beyond me that those in control of the club are willing to damage the club rather than just tell the truth, admit error and say "we've stuffed up the salary cap by overpaying players, thus we're going to have to let go a fantastic clubman who gives it his all everytime he steps on the field. He's been a fabulous contributor to our footy club and will be sadly missed."
Agree with you 100%. Terrible by the club.

Who?

Letting this guy go is unquestionably weakening the team, the guys you may be losing are all first 22 players. Collingwood's contract negotiator should be strung up by the b'lls for digging this hole right in the premiership window. Would Treloar and his manager consider a re-negotiation of his contract maybe? Hand the head of your contract negotiator on a platter as atonement to Treloar for putting him through this.

A 63% efficiency figure is only slightly below Dusty's ... Don't let the Collingwood management kid you that Treloar is a mug, he is a gun and if he goes he will burn you one day.

Kim Ravaillion had a few Super Netball clubs offer her a chance to play again after the birth of her baby Georgie, but given her premiership-winning history with the Queensland Firebirds she couldn't resist going back to the club that handed her a chance as a youngster.

Ravaillion - the 27-year-old Netball World Championship and Commonwealth Games gold medal winner with Australia, who is engaged to Collingwood AFL player Adam Treloar - said the decision to live away from her partner was difficult but planned for "a very long time".

"Obviously this decision didn’t come easily," Ravaillion told The Age. "I said to him [Adam] after taking a break from the national team that my career is not over.

"I said ‘if I wanted to come back and play netball you have to meet me halfway’.

And he basically said ‘whatever you want’, and he is super supportive with all my ambitions and I am so grateful to have him.

"He makes me feel super comfortable and excited for the journey ahead. Then Georgie came into the world and we kind of went with the flow."

Ravillion didn't know for sure if she would be able to come back to professional netball after giving birth to Georgie in March. She says she was lucky to train right up to giving birth, but waited about four weeks post birth before going on a proper run.

She was lucky too that Georgie's birth went smoothly, and then that Treloar was fully supportive of her desire to play for the Firebirds again.

It all meant she was ready to field offers for her return to netball after taking the 2020 season off, following three seasons at Collingwood.

"He understands, being an athlete," Ravaillion says. "We are both so young and we are not finished yet. We both agreed we are doing it for her [Georgie] and we don’t want to sit back and think ‘what if? What could have been?’

"We only have sporting careers for so long and it’s only the first part of your life. I don’t want it to end now.

"It would be so different if we were on the other side of the world from each other but it’s only interstate.

I actually think the article is fine from Ralphy. I agree with it - the way the club has handled the situation is just poor.

How has the club handled it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back