Autopsy Adelaide d Geelong by 15 points

Remove this Banner Ad

How did the crows have spare players in defensive 50? Time and time again. We’ve changed our defensive structure and f’d it up big time. Defensive line terrible. Worst performance by them all year.

Softest game I’ve ever seen from Duncan

How you can continue to let Guthrie kick in is beyond belief

Good Forward pressure in the first qrt then straight back to space guarding and watching them waltz out for the rest of the game.

Out: Simpson, Buzza, Scooter, Jones

- Dangerfield was very good tonight.
- Hawkins is our most important player. Brilliant again, our best.
- Joel well held.
- just cannot find a mix that can consistently give us forward pressure.
- Narkle really has some special traits and one to watch for the future.
- Guthrie bad tonight. Just some truly shocking turnovers.
- Bews bitched Betts once more.

End of the day, merely making up the numbers this season.

Scooter injured? No freaking way he goes out otherwise. Only tackler we have in the midfield

I agree on scooter. Commentators talked him up but he looked very average at times.
He doesn't look fully fit. When he was fit last season he actually nullified the opponent and tackled manically.
The tackling was still there but both Crouch and Sloane had plenty of the ball.

Let’s all take a moment for Gaz who come home to play finals but won’t be experiencing that again.

Must win game and again we shit the bed and let a bottom 8 side do what they want, Crows have been pretty awful ALL YEAR but tonight they bring the heat and we falter, again, and again and again, the same shit.

We’re miles off a spot on GF day.
Yep - just so sick of it...

It's on him as much as anyone. Guy needs to get out of self-preservation mode and start chasing and tackling. As a senior player, he's setting a poor standard for the younger players and if he can't commit to the defensive side of his game, then he shouldn't be in the side.

He’s 34 and had 32 with 5 tackles, he’s having a solid year, the criticism of him this year has been pretty awful, don’t see why people see a need to try bring down a champion of the game.

To get that close, kicking 97, playing that badly is something of a positive. Can’t remember so many dropped marks and missed kicks by a Geelong side. How often did we miss targets trying to kick off one step??
3 of our higher scoring games have all been losses though. The Dogs, Hawks and now Crows game have been fast paced and high scoring and we can't keep up defensively. Thats why we look so good in these low scoring slug fests like last week.

Menzel is underdone. Probably not the best game to bring him back, however I don’t think they had much choice. Hopefully he will be better for the run. We definitely need him playing his best footy. I think we will make the finals, just going to have to do it the hard way. The positives was our clearance & contested ball work. Just need to get a bit more composure down back. This is where you set up all your attacks from and is perhaps one reason why we are not getting great entries into our forward line. They pretty much lost it tonight with unforgivable errors in our defensive 50 that resulted in goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's not popular but Menzel - retirement.
First game back imo should had spent more time in the VFL all he did was jog around for 1 qtr in the last VFL game

He’s badly out of touch

Less said about Buzza the better

We just haven't nailed that second tall to support Hawkins! Parsons, Buzza, Black or for the tip! Crameri is past it (what the bloody hell's happen to him anyway) Taylor doesn't belong their.
That bulldogs match is gonna come back and bite, few games at home still to come which we should win but it's gonna be touch and go making finals now. Would be nice to make it but meh.. we ain't gonna be a threat if we do, We are just not good enough just an OK team!
Crameri had eye surgery, kicked 5 in the VFL last week I think?

To get that close, kicking 97, playing that badly is something of a positive. Can’t remember so many dropped marks and missed kicks by a Geelong side. How often did we miss targets trying to kick off one step??

I reckon we dropped at least 30-35 marks. A lot of those with very little pressure.

I reckon we dropped at least 30-35 marks. A lot of those with very little pressure.
And would have missed at least that many targets by foot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Adelaide d Geelong by 15 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back