Autopsy Adelaide d Geelong by 15 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Despite having over 100 points kicked against us, I thought our defensive unit functioned pretty well. Their goals seemed to come from kick-in errors (Guthrie!), or mid-field turn-overs (from dropped simple marks) where our defenders were out of position.
What? Blicavs and stewart played their worst games for the year. Fumbled, beaten in marking contests, kicked it to the opposition. Guthrie as well.

We have the most over rated backline in the game, not one of them would get a game at Richmond.
Our backline is why we're as high as we are. Without it we'd be much much lower.
Despite having over 100 points kicked against us, I thought our defensive unit functioned pretty well. Their goals seemed to come from kick-in errors (Guthrie!), or mid-field turn-overs (from dropped simple marks) where our defenders were out of position.
This.

Out: Simpson, Buzza, Scooter, Jones

- Dangerfield was very good tonight.
- Hawkins is our most important player. Brilliant again, our best.
- Joel well held.
- just cannot find a mix that can consistently give us forward pressure.
- Narkle really has some special traits and one to watch for the future.
- Guthrie bad tonight. Just some truly shocking turnovers.
- Bews bitched Betts once more.

End of the day, merely making up the numbers this season.
Who comes in though?

Really hate to say it but that was handbaggers stuff. Soft and just can’t play when pressure is applied. Embarrassing. Not one player went in to help Selwood when he went down. No bumps for that flog walker. Weak effort
Because Joel was telling everyone to play on

Didn’t you see him wave away everyone telling them to run?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if that soft ck Chris Scott will actually give the team a spray after that or go to his usual “yehhh the opposition really played well tonight and are better than their ladder position would tell you”.

In saying that, Scott probly needs a spray more than anymore for playing liabilities in Simpson and Buzza. I kind of understand Buzza but having Simpson on is literally playing a man down, and it was always gonna be obvious I don’t know why he can’t see this.

Good: Hawkins, Danger, Kelly, Jones’ tackling, Narkle showing signs again, Duncan’s goal, some of Blicavs and Henry’s defensive efforts, tipping Adelaide
Bad: Menegola, Parfitt, Scooter
Ugly: Everyone’s disposal (Guthrie stood out as particularly awful), putrid night from Menzel, Simpson and Buzza not up to the level yet, dropped regulation marks

Ugliest: just f*cking knowing that we’d be drinking our own bath water after a good win against Sydney last week.

Seriously that was a shit effort from our middle-bottom players.

No way are we winning the flag. Time to decide what players/coaches we're keeping and try a different approach.

What’s the odds of us beating Melbourne next week and losing to Brisbane the following game ?
I think they will lose both of them....the Cats are cooked, shocking tonight, absolutely abysmal. Several players who played tonight should be traded or simply delisted . The Demons will win easily and i think the Lions are a better team anyway!

Guthrie works hard. Always has and in fairness has often been asked to do a job that the team needs. Not great tonight but think he has earnt a bit over the years

Works hard? Big deal, that's not enough in AFL. Not that I agree he works any harder than anyone else.

Getting asked to do jobs - this is normally done by a player who isn't valuable enough to lock down a spot for themselves. The plodders get 'jobs'. Guthrie is at 135 games and should be at his peak best, not worst.

Laird had no pressure on his touches because no one applied any pressure to him. He did as he pleased and was a reason why they destroyed us on the rebound so badly.
37 of them were effective. That’s a career high and a clear measure of how little pressure was being applied by our forwards.
It’s just not good enough that he wasn’t identified as a factor by our coaches.

Crameri, Henderson, Cunico.
Not sure of crameri as second tall, and him and menzel in same forward line. Cunico, yes. Henderson, thin’ he is awesome but more likely to come in for kolo. Which could be good, plus he might take a little to get back to brilliant best. Our options all have question marks is my point.

We have too many one paced midfielders and we got cut up on transition. We need to change it up, and he atm is the weakest link.

Yep. And we have a lot of one way runners in the midfield too. Throw Duncan and Menegola in that lot also.

So who is going to tackle and run with opposing mids?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Adelaide d Geelong by 15 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back