Review Adelaide v Sydney - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Buck stops with the head coach when it comes to selections.

If our list management has been horrendous we would be like Port or Richmond. The only stupid decision was Mackay, and that was under Trigg "proving" that interstate players re-sign.

You hate Noble and he's your scape goat.

Yeh, Reilly and Vb contracts have been stirling.

No doubt the buck stops with Pyke but it wouldn't help having two stooges pissing in your ear how good these blokes are cos the have signed them on to long term deals. It would make their list management look even worse if Mackay played the year in the sanfl.

All good you think the club can do no wrong and we have the right guys in the right jobs - I continue to expect better.

This.

For all the positives, we're still miles off. And even worse, the club doesn't realise it so will pick the same players.
:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

We are the dumbest footy department i swear…the opposite of ruthless.

Gold passes for mediocre players has to stop.

Yet in R1 next year we will likely see Thompson, Mackay and Douglas all playing.

So Pyle reckons Jenkins was 100% with a niggle.
Why has he been so shit then is that his best when fit. Five more years of 100% shit efforts.

I saw a guy in his crows tracksuit walking along Churchhill Road pushing a shopping trolley full of cans. He was also piggy backing his nana who was smoking a cigarette and she was yelling rude words at passing cars. Horrible horrible stuff. It affected me so badly that I had to seek counselling and I asked my counsellor if all crows supporters were like those people. She assured me that they are.

Hah. I believe it.

I went to a Port game and the scrubgoat women in the Port cheer squad looked like gargoyles in an Armenian church. The men also had the same haircut as Emilio Estevez did in 'Men at Work'. There's a reason 'Bad Boy Bubby' was shot in Port Adelaide you acid wash Bon Jovi loving RC Cola drinking grub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's gm footy Ops... Reid's boss.
If he meddles in Reid's job, what's the point of having Reid? Just do it yourself if you need to micromanage everything. If Reid proves that he stuffs up then he'll get moved on.

Pyke's job is selection. Sure there is a panel, but it's on him.

Ried's jon is list management, if he screws up it's on him.

If there are too many stuff ups in the football dept, then you expect Noble to act.

This has me worried given what we've seen from them in the past month.
I've stated my views on JJ for a long time. He was perfect trade bait this year, we could have got a bloody good trade for him. Now we've got a dead 500k on our books for the next 4 years.

I'm holding fire on Brouch for now, hoping another preseason and he'll start to fulfil his promise. But jeez, I'm not as hopeful as I once was on him.

Pyke fobbing off the question of how to get better. Either he doesn't know or he's just playing a straight bat to Rooch.
Pyke knows where to improve.. & to give Rooch nothing!

Good: we were no good tonight :(
Bad: a lot of players can't handle the pressure of a real finals hardened team.
Ugly: our ride is over. I did not want it to end here. I feel we finished before our time.
You guys outplayed us at the AO earlier in the year, one off night, dont throw the baby out with the bath water. If the in season match wasnt a pseudo final then nothing could ever be.

I've stated my views on JJ for a long time. He was perfect trade bait this year, we could have got a bloody good trade for him. Now we've got a dead 500k on our books for the next 4 years.

I'm holding fire on Brouch for now, hoping another preseason and he'll start to fulfil his promise. But jeez, I'm not as hopeful as I once was on him.
Brouch is really going to have to turn it around to fulfill his destiny as the better crouch.

You guys outplayed us at the AO earlier in the year, one off night, dont throw the baby out with the bath water. If the in season match wasnt a pseudo final then nothing could ever be.

Pyke admitted we were not good enough when the ball was on the ground. tonight. Made some basic errors when you guys were at maximum intensity.

If he meddles in Reid's job, what's the point of having Reid? Just do it yourself if you need to micromanage everything. If Reid proves that he stuffs up then he'll get moved on.

Pyke's job is selection. Sure there is a panel, but it's on him.

Ried's jon is list management, if he screws up it's on him.

If there are too many stuff ups in the football dept, then you expect Noble to act.
You don't think Reid acts autonomously do you?

Reid: Hey pykey, I just signed jj for another 5
Pyke: wtf?

Good :

Was really pleasing to see Cameron step up and he was pretty much the only one. One of his best games imo. Deserves praise.

Hartigan was very good under difficult circumstances.

Sloane tried but was mauled at the contest and actually appeared too small against the swans mids. They were brutal.

Lever was fantastic until he got injured.

I thought Mackay was actually one of our best (not that that says a whole lot) . Doesn't deserve a bashing.

Bad :

Midfield absolutely smashed. I've been saying this for half a year now, but our midfield is second rate and were beaten almost every week. Inside and out. A lot due to personnel and as the season went on, set up as well. The opposition continually had easy spread from contests.

Brad crouch was terrible. Had intensity but zero effectiveness whenever he went near the ball.

Jenkins, Jacobs non existent.

Thommo has to retire.

Douglas is barely a number out there. I don't know what his role is and I hope he is not best 22 next season.

Walker just continued his mediocre year really. Does good things but made mistakes at crucial times.

Atkins didn't finish the year well. His disposal was putrid tonight.

M Crouch tried hard but was just thrown around by the swans mids. Needs more size and cleaner disposal. Doesn't deserve to be in the bad but can't be bothered making an 'ok' category.

Betts was tightly held by a good player but he wasn't given much of a chance to be fair.

Overall we did better than I expected this season but have shown we're still not up to it. Another year of mediocre draft picks to go with it.

Agree with midfield comments. All the clearance, taps to advantage etc etc stats just do nothing to change my conviction that our ball movement out of congestion together with a non-existent outside game plan, provides anything like a positive function. We just don't generate the winning pressure movement from our midfield. Just don't give me stats people......I can see very well how minuscule our midfield positives are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Adelaide v Sydney - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back