Review R14: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

This is true but is also damning on the rebuild as we haven’t put enough games into younger players to lift this . Other teams that have started rebuilds after us have sailed past us because they have identified future talent and prioritized getting games into them. We are obsessed with a weekly win and have zero strategy
Eg Max has more experience than Worrell

Grundy was best on ground but only because he virtually had no opposition all game. Strachan has neither the strength or the endurance to ever be an AFL lead ruck, surely those championing his AFL potential have come to that realization now?
I had hopes (based on him being ok when he last got a shot) but he was embarassed by Grundy. Unacceptable for a player at his age and years on the list.

I had hopes (based on him being ok when he last got a shot) but he was embarassed by Grundy. Unacceptable for a player at his age and years on the list.
What a joke that the best rucks we can scour around Australia is an uncoordinated loaf in ROB who can't kick to save himself and an average sanfl ruck in Strachan. Great effort guys. You've outdone yourself.

What a joke that the best rucks we can scour around Australia is an uncoordinated loaf in ROB who can't kick to save himself and an average sanfl ruck in Strachan. Great effort guys. You've outdone yourself.
Strachan is not an average SANFL ruck, he's a dominant SANFL ruckman but nowadays a dominant SANFL ruck doesn't translate to even an average AFL ruck. And btw ROB has played some outstanding AFL football he just hasn't produced enough of it this season.

Rowbottom is the perfect example of how coaching impacts player development. You can't tell me that he has any better attributes or football nouse than Harry Schoenberg.
Yep
Well coached, well developed and surrounded by good players. Raises his standard.

Our players get lowered

"See what happens when you play kids like Michalanney in the midfield before they're ready" is an absolute lock from the apologists this week, without a hint of irony.

Our two best mid sized defenders are Worrell and Max.

Shifting Max to the middle when we've lost Worrell is unbelievably stupid - especially when we've got a number of actual midfielders who we refuse to play in the middle!!

This is why we can't have nice things......

View attachment 2020653

What's that, 12 meters gained per possession again?

Absolute waste of time.

And that doesn't touch on the multiple dumps kicks to nobody, handballs under pressure to others or straight turnovers.

Rowey asked him about that free kick that Hinge gave away after Sydney had kicked a goal that resulted in a second goal and changed the momentum of the game. Rowey asked him if the leaders spoke to Hinge at three quarter time and Fogarty got all pooey and defensive and said no we don't blame players we just talked about playing "our way" So Rowey called him out and said yeh but surely you as leaders need to address undisciplined things like that. It was really bizarre from Fogarty and gives a bit of a clue as to why we are so bad.

Reminds me of the Aus Cricket Team under that prick Clarke (and the Bazball losers now) - 'we play our way,' - no matter the state of the game or the needs of the team.

It's a stupid, arrogant approach.

This is the culture Nicks has developed. No accountability, no expectation, just trying hard is your job and if you fail well we'll give you a pat on the pack and tell you we're proud you tried.

Nicks will never be a winner as a senior coach because he doesn't have a single killer instinct in him and his team is rapidly turning into him.

It's the culture Trigg and Chapman developed by refusing to take responsibility for the Tippett debacle, that Roo then continued after the Burton/CollectiveMinds disaster.

Nicks is a product of that environment and is part of it, but he didn't create it - it's way worse than that.

You can't demand accountability with any authenticity when the biggest swinging dick in the Club refuses to take or enforce any.

Strachan is not an average SANFL ruck, he's a dominant SANFL ruckman but nowadays a dominant SANFL ruck doesn't translate to even an average AFL ruck. And btw ROB has played some outstanding AFL football he just hasn't produced enough of it this season.
Bit of history re-writing going on here from you when it comes to ROB.. yet again.

To somehow claim it is only “this season” that ROB hasn’t produced is simply laughable.

ROB has been ordinary ever since he had a great year in his contract year (2020)..

Since 2020 he’s been shite.. hands like cement, kicking like an unco 5 year old, stumbling and bumbling all over his team mates, tapping the ball to the oppositions advantage more often than not..

He’s the very epitome of everything that wrong with this club, its coach and its management.

A bloke that runs hard all day but provides nothing else is viewed as a gun player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hamill? At the ground thought he looked pretty good. Need to watch the replay though. He has surprised me with how solid he's been given all the hate he gets from people who watch sanfl.
One of very few success stories this season.

I thought the concussions had completely ruined him. Was disappointed when he was first recalled.

Then he did alright. Well done selectors. Hats off.

Then we inexplicably dropped him, because deep down we're idiots. We even manage to **** up the things we get right.

Now he's back in and looking decent. Starting to look like the pre-concussion player. Timely with Milera out and Smith dropping off.

Bit of history re-writing going on here from you when it comes to ROB.. yet again.

To somehow claim it is only “this season” that ROB hasn’t produced is simply laughable.

ROB has been ordinary ever since he had a great year in his contract year (2020)..

Since 2020 he’s been shite.. hands like cement, kicking like an unco 5 year old, stumbling and bumbling all over his team mates, tapping the ball to the oppositions advantage more often than not..

He’s the very epitome of everything that wrong with this club, its coach and its management.

A bloke that runs hard all day but provides nothing else is viewed as a gun player.
Mutineer I know you love a thumbs down (apparently that's allowed on this board, good to know).. but what part do you disagree with?

Yes, yes it's another classic BC rant but I don't see what's factually incorrect? Haven't you yourself stated the need for two new rucks? (which is also true)

Funny thing is, this isn't the loss that will make the club take a long hard look at itself. That one is still a while away...
I think the only thing that will force them to do anything is when crowds severely drop off. Outside of that nothing will change.

Rowe (and Tredrea before he was elected to Port’s board) are the only two media identities with a set of knackers.

They don’t care about being uninvited to w***er corporate functions, or being cut out of the Adelaide loop of hangers-on who do nothing but jerk each other off as their clubs go decades without any success.

Rowe and Tredrea actually care about their clubs and their members.

Unlike the dickheads running the show. Seriously, the f*cking audacity of John Olsen.

Anyone who wants to disagree with that has to explain this: if you were a board member of either club who cared about your members and were holding a position in good faith, why would you not demand for those positions to be member-elected?

Geez, I would then hate to see us when the players are not playing for Nicks...

Oh hold on, that's already the case.

There is a reason why we are a complete shambles...
Once again you're on an island with your views ....even the flag bearer for the anti-Crows brigade, Rowe, totally agrees the players are playing for Nicks .....in fact no-one has said otherwise

You might try and watch the game without the obvious biases you have .....you can't be wrong on takes this often

Once again you're on an island with your views ....even the flag bearer for the anti-Crows brigade, Rowe, totally agrees the players are playing for Nicks .....in fact no-one has said otherwise

You might try and watch the game without the obvious biases you have .....you can't be wrong on takes this often

Yeah, the results show that the players are clearly playing for Nicks... what was I thinking...

I don't listen to Graham Cornes as he is senile.

Yeah, the results show that the players are clearly playing for Nicks... what was I thinking...

I don't listen to Graham Cornes as he is senile.

I don't think Nicks has lost the players. Sure one or two might have a voodoo doll of his bald fly infested scone under their pillow (Pedlar/Rachele/Curtin).

Our biggest loss this year was a 42 point loss to the best side in the competition and we were up halfway through the 3rd quarter. That isn't a side that has given up on their coach.

I thought Nicks lost the group at the start of that 3rd quarter against Hawthorn. We went goal less in the 2nd quarter and then Hawthorn kicked the first 3 to go up 47 points and I thought it was going to get very very ugly. But they fought back.

I think we are at a turning point. The players like Nicks and have always liked Nicks - he is a players coach. But there comes a time when losing over rides this. We are on the cusp IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R14: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back