Game Day Adelaide v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

They should realize for the first time in their careers, it's not about them.

They can do a lot of damage to us tonight. They've screwed us around in big games for 25 years, mainly prelims, but also important home and away games. I don't look forward to the Victorian controlled national commentary either. Another quarter of century of shit, unless it involves Dennis Committee. They're going to pretend to be our friends tonight. Probably say a few patronizing and ignorant things.

They can do a lot of damage to us tonight. They've screwed us around in big games for 25 years, mainly prelims, but also important home and away games. I don't look forward to the Victorian controlled national commentary either. Another quarter of century of shit, unless it involves Dennis Committee. They're going to pretend to be our friends tonight. Probably say a few patronizing and ignorant things.

I have my TV on mute. They disgust me.

There's only 1 thing I want to see tonight..

1 in - all in. Go out and look after your mates

Also those ********* at foxtel misinterpreted a phone call yesterday to reduce our package as a call to disconnect instantly. Was without Fox for over 12 hours despite several phone calls that didn't help. One Facebook rant to their Facebook page and within 15 mins everything's magically working again..

**** I hate foxtel

Not going to be able to watch tonight. Sister's engagement party that was organised when this was just another away game. (That, and we misunderstood the times. Stupid Perth time)

A small part of me is glad because I don't know how I'd cope.

Will record and watch at a later date.

Let's go Crowies. Today, We Fly as One.

No-one is going to blame the players if they lose every game for the rest of the season but lets not pretend that a win wouldn't be totally awesome, today especially. Will be cheering hard, no matter what. And no doubt shedding a tear.

Go Crows. And go West Coast. Let this be one for the ages.
Today reminds me a little of the game Sydney played at Kardinia Park after the death of Jarrad McVeigh's daughter. The Cats hadn't lost there for however long. There was something spiritual going on with the Swans that day - certainly something to admire.

Obviously this is a completely different situation and who knows how our players will react or how the game will unfold. Of course sensitive about setting unrealistic expectations and don't want to be greedy but a win tonight would usurp Haw '91, GF '97 and GF '98 as our best ever and be forever entered into AFC folklore. Just playing is an achievement too however.

Last edited:
I'm pretty pumped for this, I can understand why some aren't though. I will miss the Showdown next week, so this is the last chance for me to see the boys live for a little while. Have tipped the Eagles, but will be proud regardless of the result (obviously hope it isn't a blowout though).

Last edited:
Also those ********* at foxtel misinterpreted a phone call yesterday to reduce our package as a call to disconnect instantly. Was without Fox for over 12 hours despite several phone calls that didn't help. One Facebook rant to their Facebook page and within 15 mins everything's magically working again..

**** I hate foxtel

These days taking to social media is more effective than threatening to contact the Ombudsman.

I'm surprised they didn't claim that they cannot reverse a disconnection and would have to setup a new account which would take up to 48 hours to process...

I don't care about skill errors today.

Courage, intensity, teamfirst approach is what we all want to see.

And the players need that for themselves as much as we need to see it from them.

If they've put their hand up to play, they're ready to roll and need to leave it all out on the field. Win, lose or draw - today they need to honour Walshy with their effort and team first approach. If they let themselves down in that regard I reckon they'll take it badly. But I don't think they will.

Do yourselves proud boys. WWWD.

These days taking to social media is more effective than threatening to contact the Ombudsman.

I'm surprised they didn't claim that they cannot reverse a disconnection and would have to setup a new account which would take up to 48 hours to process...
That's pretty much what was said on the phone

**** I hate foxtel
That's the way to get through to these types of companies now (Foxtel, Telstra, Optus etc), complain on Twitter or Facebook and they respond almost instantly. That way it looks like they are engaging with their customers...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to Carousel shopping centre, the AFL shop there has sold out of Crows scarves! Girl working there said even West Coast fans have been buying them this week.

A kid in the shop heard I barracked for the Crows and told me Charlie Cameron was in the shopping centre with his family, didn't see him tho.

Will have to try and buy a scarf at the game now.

**** I hate foxtel

Oh dear. Foxtel used to have brilliant customer service when they first started here. Now I dread whenever I have to ring them, which ahs been a few times due to relocations.

Good luck tonight :thumbsu:

Screen_shot_2015_07_11_at_3_59_40_PM.png

Just wanted to wish you all the best for tonight guys, both the AFC and WCE had a strong connection with Phil. It will be a very emotional night for all. Hope Tex and the team do you guys, your club and Phil proud.

Best of luck.

I will be shocked if we won this evening. But also be very proud too. Next week vs Port will be very hard so getting a win tonight is a huge bonus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Adelaide v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back