Autopsy Adelaide wins the prelim [WARNING: ZERO TOLERANCE TO TROLLING]

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting with Sloane-have always thought he was a clean ball player. Am revisiting that concept.
Sloane's a wide-eyed grub.

Interesting with Sloane-have always thought he was a clean ball player. Am revisiting that concept.
Surely that's a suspension? The ball wasn't in dispute, Danger had the ball. Sloane could have tackled or bumped and he chose to bump. He collected Danger high and knocked him out.

No doubt Danger will do the right thing by his mate, unlike Kreuzer, so he's probably going to get a first class 'didn't hurt, I was fine' statement. But to be consistent across the year, and for some of the laughable suspensions Cats players get, then Sloane has to get some sort of sanction.

I'm not here for excuses. The players shouldn't be either, but I can't change what I seen.
I'm not making excuses for him either. He doesn't need to have any made for him, in my perspective his output was good example the one on three he won in the middle of the ground. 34 touches at 76.5% efficiency, 10 tackles, 1 goal which should have been 2 if Menzel had looked around before the half time siren. That to me is extremely serviceable in any game.

I do. we match up well on Adelaide but tonight nothing went right.

Just like the Sydney Prelim. Or Richmond QF. Or tonights PF. Or the straight sets in 2014. Or 2012. Or the QF in 2013

My, we seem to have a lot of matches where things just don't go right. But I am sure its not a problem and its just a total coincidence.

Joel had a mare? We were watching different games obviously. Oh and Bews was the lowest ranked player on the ground.
Ranking points don't tell much of a story for players who have a negating role. Bews had a great game, one of the few. Joel tried hard, endeavour was great, but didn't have his usual impact and hasn't since his injury.

Lets just accept 3-8 in finals and move on to next year. Wow !
There are 22 players out there playing those finals. Believe me, I wish it were as simple as sacking the coach. If that were true we could easily replace Scott and this list would magically start winning final after final. You should actually be hoping its the coach because having it be the players is a FAR worse and longer process to fix.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But he's right. He's a flog if you've read his other posts but what's wrong with it when he's right?
Coming to the losing side's board and repeatedly asserting that we lost because we are overachievers who lack talent. Can't see how that would be a problem.

I live in Adelaide. Crows fans are the most pathetic bunch of victim complex, front running, fair weather sooks going around. All week I've watched them urinate themselves in fear about this game, now they're up and about. This week will be unbearable.

I'm not making excuses for him either. He doesn't need to have any made for him, in my perspective his output was good example the one on three he won in the middle of the ground. 34 touches at 76.5% efficiency, 10 tackles, 1 goal which should have been 2 if Menzel had looked around before the half time siren. That to me is extremely serviceable in any game.
And the first quarter? re-watch it when the game was lost.

Dream Team maybe. Champion Data had him 14th. He was putrid in every possible way tonight Menegola.

Yes but still involved himself to a fair degree, more so than many others.
At least went and got his own ball abeit in cogestion.
That mark in the forward line should've been his second.

Just to reiterate:
1) Dangerfield should just coach himself and pick wherever he wants to play.
2) Selwood, is toast I'm afraid. Really sad, but he is luke warm continental.
3) Hawkins should have been traded long ago.
4) Stanley traded immediately.
5) If the useless F**ks at Geelong even hint of trading Motlop, one of our best finals players, again, I'll walk my dog up to the Cat's President's house and take a shit on his lawn, myself.
6) All of you people on this forum, develop a new life support. Supporting the Cats will disrupt your life, if not ruin it entirely.

Surely that's a suspension? The ball wasn't in dispute, Danger had the ball. Sloane could have tackled or bumped and he chose to bump. He collected Danger high and knocked him out.

No doubt Danger will do the right thing by his mate, unlike Kreuzer, so he's probably going to get a first class 'didn't hurt, I was fine' statement. But to be consistent across the year, and for some of the laughable suspensions Cats players get, then Sloane has to get some sort of sanction.
Didn't even warrant a free apparently, so suspension seems unlikely. Lousy.
Crows tonight 8/10. Geelong 3/10. Umps 4/10.

For what? Daring to compete against Dangerfield?

The temptation is after a loss like this is to bag ones own side. The truth is we were beaten comprehensively by the team that will win the premiership.

I felt all along that whoever wins out of tigers and cats will get an armchair ride and play the winner of crows and swans.

I'm grateful the cats were able to get over the swans but I think it gave me some false hope. Swans were well off that night. Crows: easily the best side all year deservedly got the job done at home against us.

I can't speak highly enough of Chris Scott and the geelong philosophy. We seem to recruit in a way that allows us to be thereabouts year in year out whilst every year losing our premiership heroes. And top marks to Chris Scott and the team for creating that. But now a trend seems to have emerged that we can get deep but when the real cream rises to the top in the heat of finals we simply can't because we don't have the talent.

We steal wins against middle or even top teams during the home and away season due to our top players dead set willing our team over the line. We win 4 or so games in this fashion which means we finish top 4 instead of battling for 8th.

Due to this we get overhyped opinions of where we are really at. Chris Scott and co have done brilliantly in keeping the cats thereabouts just about every year since 2011.

But are we really a premiership threat in all of those years? No. Would you rather follow a team that gives themselves a shot every year (through aggressive recruiting and a willingness to change game plans up) but in the end through lack of talent is found wanting during finals? Clubs in this mould in my opinion include geelong, hawthorn and sydney.

Or would you prefer to back a team like every other club. Eg. 4-10 years without finals, 4-5 year window where they consistently make finals and hope for a flag or 2 in that 4- 5 year period. Eg st Kilda over the last 15years. Pies over the last 15 years. Eagles, port, Essendon, dogs, etc etc.

In the end we don't have a lot to complain about. I think second flattered us this year. 2018 could be our year. We lose longergon and Mackie yes but with their absence we gain pace in our backline by default. McCarthy and Gregson will be back from injury. Zuthrie looks the Goods if he can fatten up. Cocky without injuries can be Ablett Snr like.

We will trade Motlop and Menzel guaranteed.

We will bring in Ablett and stringer guaranteed.

Got a feeling they might find a way with Devon smith too.

Embrace it. I'd rather follow my club that gives itself a chance to compete for a flag year in year out. Yep we may get exposed during finals at times but **** it. If you're there playing finals you're a better chance than "rebuilding" constantly.

Good work Scotty. If you take a good look at out list compared to the other top teams...... we've got a few A graders but our bottom 6 o so wouldn't get a game in the other top sides. Milked every last drop year in year out.

The temptation is after a loss like this is to bag ones own side. The truth is we were beaten comprehensively by the team that will win the premiership.

I felt all along that whoever wins out of tigers and cats will get an armchair ride and play the winner of crows and swans.

I'm grateful the cats were able to get over the swans but I think it gave me some false hope. Swans were well off that night. Crows: easily the best side all year deservedly got the job done at home against us.

I can't speak highly enough of Chris Scott and the geelong philosophy. We seem to recruit in a way that allows us to be thereabouts year in year out whilst every year losing our premiership heroes. And top marks to Chris Scott and the team for creating that. But now a trend seems to have emerged that we can get deep but when the real cream rises to the top in the heat of finals we simply can't because we don't have the talent.

We steal wins against middle or even top teams during the home and away season due to our top players dead set willing our team over the line. We win 4 or so games in this fashion which means we finish top 4 instead of battling for 8th.

Due to this we get overhyped opinions of where we are really at. Chris Scott and co have done brilliantly in keeping the cats thereabouts just about every year since 2011.

But are we really a premiership threat in all of those years? No. Would you rather follow a team that gives themselves a shot every year (through aggressive recruiting and a willingness to change game plans up) but in the end through lack of talent is found wanting during finals? Clubs in this mould in my opinion include geelong, hawthorn and sydney.

Or would you prefer to back a team like every other club. Eg. 4-10 years without finals, 4-5 year window where they consistently make finals and hope for a flag or 2 in that 4- 5 year period. Eg st Kilda over the last 15years. Pies over the last 15 years. Eagles, port, Essendon, dogs, etc etc.

In the end we don't have a lot to complain about. I think second flattered us this year. 2018 could be our year. We lose longergon and Mackie yes but with their absence we gain pace in our backline by default. McCarthy and Gregson will be back from injury. Zuthrie looks the Goods if he can fatten up. Cocky without injuries can be Ablett Snr like.

We will trade Motlop and Menzel guaranteed.

We will bring in Ablett and stringer guaranteed.

Got a feeling they might find a way with Devon smith too.

Embrace it. I'd rather follow my club that gives itself a chance to compete for a flag year in year out. Yep we may get exposed during finals at times but **** it. If you're there playing finals you're a better chance than "rebuilding" constantly.

Good work Scotty. If you take a good look at out list compared to the other top teams...... we've got a few A graders but our bottom 6 o so wouldn't get a game in the other top sides. Milked every last drop year in year out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Adelaide wins the prelim [WARNING: ZERO TOLERANCE TO TROLLING]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back