Autopsy Adelaide wins the prelim [WARNING: ZERO TOLERANCE TO TROLLING]

Remove this Banner Ad

Come in peace. Still think Geelong is a weapon of a team, I would love Carlton to be remotely close to Geelongs football ability. The management, the drafting, the way you guys spot and nurture talent.........

Last night sucked however you'll be in contention next year. Enjoy Henderson and 2E..........**** ;)

Bought time I've found something to disagree with you about.
Sounds far fetched but bar injuries I think he could be the best player in the comp.
I know he hasn't done much yet or a hell of a lot last night, but it was his first final and he didn't poo his pants like a lot of his more experienced peers.
I think he'll feel at home in finals.

Not far fetched at all IMO.

Elite athlete

Elite body

Elite skill

And bloody aggressive

We are simply a Jekyll and Hyde team. You never know which one will come out. We fumbled, lacked polish and our kicking was abysmal. I think at half time we had a kicking efficiency of 51%!

Just really poor and you'll never win games with that kind of play.

After the first 10 minutes, our KE was like 47% while Adelaides was 87% or something.

It's funny, as soon as Cameron kicked a goal within a minute, I turned to the old man and said "we are in serious trouble tonight". You could just tell we were not ready.

Our midfield and "zone" left our back line high and dry.

Lynch is AA caliber and will be a great lesson for young Kolo.

Blaming the kids is bullshit IMO.

They aren't the ones who let us down.

They need games to develop and they're getting them.

Kolo, Cocky, Parfitt and Buzza need to play every game next season.

Our list is in contention and we need 20 odd more games into the prospects IMO.

We'll see Packy. Bookmark it if you like, my call is he won't make it. I take no pleasure in it, but it just frustrates me seeing him stuff up over and over again and players like Thurlow don't get a look in and we may even lose him. Kolo typifies something that is wrong in my eyes around selection and players that just don't stand up in big games.

I did blame others too btw, kolo was just the only one defended. Not for anything he's done mind you, just what he is going to do. Someday...

Anyway I think I've bashed him enough so sorry if I don't reply to any more of your posts on him, I understand what you're saying but I fear more of the same results if we follow that path with no tough calls. Maybe the second coming of the Son of God might bring our salvation.

Come in peace. Still think Geelong is a weapon of a team, I would love Carlton to be remotely close to Geelongs football ability. The management, the drafting, the way you guys spot and nurture talent.........

Last night sucked however you'll be in contention next year. Enjoy Henderson and 2E..........**** ;)
Cheers mate.

You guys have the best rebuilding list in the league.

Your back 6 alone will win you a premiership in the next 10 years.

Not including Cripps or SPS.

You're not wrong. My favourite cure is 2 bottles of Powerade, tip half of each out and fill with 2 cans of Smirnoff black ice.
Works a treat and as a bonus you can drink them on the train.
Gold. I was trying to be politically correct but you're right. Alcohol mixed with Gatorade or power aid is the best cure. Black ice has the sugar that is necessary aswell. I've been there too brother.

We'll see Packy. Bookmark it if you like, my call is he won't make it. I take no pleasure in it, but it just frustrates me seeing him stuff up over and over again and players like Thurlow don't get a look in and we may even lose him. Kolo typifies something that is wrong in my eyes around selection and players that just don't stand up in big games.

I did blame others too btw, kolo was just the only one defended. Not for anything he's done mind you, just what he is going to do. Someday...

Anyway I think I've bashed him enough so sorry if I don't reply to any more of your posts on him, I understand what you're saying but I fear more of the same results if we follow that path with no tough calls. Maybe the second coming of the Son of God might bring our salvation.
I can see why you think that but I disagree.

Kolo and Buzza are being slept on IMO.

Very good prospects in my eyes.

Can I firstly just say regarding Trolling in this forum, let them. It's going to be the most brutal honesty you'll get and even though it will hurt, you may just learn something, even if it is just personal character building.
Secondly, regarding the game...Waaaaaaaaa...Waaaaaaaaaa. There, I said it.
Now, as for the team. Brutal is the word.
The midfield lack guts. Ruck work was terrible, wrestling the ball out lacked foresight. If the game is that tight because of class opposition, have a couple on the outskirts at 45 degrees so that when a player gets the ball out, they only have to tap or handball it to that area.
Defence was piecemeal. Who was on Cameron? Every time the ball entered Geelong's defensive half, the players were absolutely nowhere near their opponent. Practically no Geelong defender was ever standing within 5 metres of a Crow, when the ball got pumped in there.
The forwards all year have screwed so many opportunities, by passing off a set shot or chokingly handball to another player in a worse position or tightly reigned in. If you are a forward and don't have the confidence to kick for goal, get some or get out!

Anyone who thinks selwood was great will have no idea why we lost last night. His disposal and decision making was putrid and undid all his great work in getting the pill.
Nah, he wasn't great but he's the least of our worries. We have bigger issues Seedsy.

They need games to develop and they're getting them.

Kolo, Cocky, Parfitt and Buzza need to play every game next season.

Our list is in contention and we need 20 odd more games into the prospects IMO.
Any club that can unearth as many young players as you have this year ....Parfitt, Buzza, & Parsons has reason for optimism .....talking small forward, think you've missed Gregson

Bews took massive strides this year ....Cockatoo will be elite ....my question is who replaces Lonergan & Mackie ?

If you chase Stringer, isn't he a similar forward type to Danger? ......if you can get Stringer fit & in the midfield you have a huge win .....can interchange Danger / Stringer forward

Not a troll post:

Chris Scott has been praised for his gracious press co Ference and, on the surface, rightly so.

But I always feel as if he tries to control the conversation/agenda with a specific purpose of deflecting criticism and protecting himself. I felt that was what he did at the presser last night.

FWIW I feel he erred at selection and made a couple of tactical blues during the match. Starting Danger up forward was silly. Not only did you need to gain ascendency around the contest, but having Danger at FF is basically an admission that your forward line is no good.

I also felt he didn't put enough time into Tom Lynch. Lynch is well known to be our link man and I felt the right match up was Blicavs, if for no other reason than his tank. Scott never made a move and Lynch set up heaps for us.

Anyway, I think the Scott's are overrated and last night was another example imo. I'll show myself out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the turnovers that happened at half forward cost us dearly in that first quarter.
Turnovers were also a result of footspeed to close space .....you just need a couple of speedy players added to the side ......last night Motlop showed with his pace, that he can open a game up, he just needs a few speedy friends ........Cameron & Betts for us showed the value last night of pace in finals

Turnovers were also a result of footspeed to close space .....you just need a couple of speedy players added to the side ......last night Motlop showed with his pace, that he can open a game up, he just needs a few speedy friends ........Cameron & Betts for us showed the value last night of pace in finals
I reckon speed is as much a result of hitting targets quickly and early in close. We don't quite have the quality on the inside at the moment to do that, and so too often it takes that extra split second to hit a running player on the hands.

Any club that can unearth as many young players as you have this year ....Parfitt, Buzza, & Parsons has reason for optimism .....talking small forward, think you've missed Gregson

Bews took massive strides this year ....Cockatoo will be elite ....my question is who replaces Lonergan & Mackie ?

If you chase Stringer, isn't he a similar forward type to Danger? ......if you can get Stringer fit & in the midfield you have a huge win .....can interchange Danger / Stringer forward

I like Parsons and Gregson and although he's been derided on this board, Parsons has quality potential and more than Gregson IMO.

The players I listed are integral to our flag chances and need those 20 odd games.

I'd rather finish fourth and get those youngsters into the next games bracket than finish first or second with next to no chance of winning it all.

Structurally Buzza is vital, he frees up Hawkins closer to goal.

Hawkins is getting shit on but I'm not sure how he's meant to lead to center wing and kick goals.

Congratulations to you guys, you really deserve it.

People will write us off next season but we will be there or there abouts.

winty if they will persist on our board, and rejoice on injuring our players on their board
i dont think so
the chances of me posting that sloane should be suspended on their board without being suspended is nil, so the latitude we allow on our board is a joke
Just remind Crows fans about the support our club gave them when their coach tragically was murdered. We were generous towards them and it's worth reminding them that.

We are simply a Jekyll and Hyde team. You never know which one will come out. We fumbled, lacked polish and our kicking was abysmal. I think at half time we had a kicking efficiency of 51%!

Just really poor and you'll never win games with that kind of play.

That's probably an accurate summation of our season. We've had some good wins but some poor defeats also. I think it points to us getting the best from our list but some on the list are not good enough to perform every week or in the biggest games.

He has been played out of position so that Domsy, Henderson and Taylor can all be in the 18.

Kolo is a very, very good prospect IMO.

Can't wait to see him in his actual position next season.

And games played is vital in list management so can never be underestimated IMO.
Kolo is awful. He's been in the system a while now, isn't improving, and will always be a plodder who does dumb things that gifts goals to the opposition. Keeping him on our list, along with Cowan, GHS and Stanley, will ensure the team's mediocrity.

Cockatoo has the one factor that a lot of the greats have - that truly explosive ability. Danger and Dusty have it, Ablett Sr had it. He just needs a decent run at the game - and a bigger tank.
He's not even AA potential, he's HOF potential.

He's not an accumulated but he can be 16 possies and 40 odd goals at worst IMO like Wingaard (poorer man's version)

Wanganeen at best.

He really can be that good as crazy as it sounds.

Again, Tim McGrath has said it as good as anyone.

This team doesn't want to win a flag bag enough. You can point your fingers at individuals all you like, it's pointless. Collectively, this club (since 2011) have become the finals easy beats because they don't want it as bad as their opposition. Poor culture, now squarely the responsibility of the coach and leaders to address, not an easy task. I say our leaders (players especially) collectively, are weak. Standards in terms of effort and giving up yourself for the good of the team are not there. We had strong, unrelenting leaders in the dynasty, many who weren't in the leadership group. Now we have fluffy, soft players IN the leadership group and a lack of spirtitual, tough players / leaders.

Last week V Sydney, and our performances post the 3 straight losses were our best of the season. Why? The team only responds and plays at peak ability when under the pump. 3 losses is a reason to feel ashamed, going out in finals in straight sets again, similarly. Why can't a qualifying final or preliminary final extract the best effort, year after year?

This is all fine if fans want to enjoy a plentiful H&A season only, but we'll always be out hustled in finals atttide as is. It's just not important enough to them.
Well, Tim McGrath would know a lot about playing in a highly skilled team that doesn't have it in them to win a flag.

Not sure I agree with him. I just think our "premiership window" was never fully open this year. Go back and check and you'll see that was the consensus generally anyway. We finished higher than expected. No one wants to report that though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Adelaide wins the prelim [WARNING: ZERO TOLERANCE TO TROLLING]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back