Autopsy Adelaide wins the prelim [WARNING: ZERO TOLERANCE TO TROLLING]

Remove this Banner Ad

Defence was piecemeal. Who was on Cameron? Every time the ball entered Geelong's defensive half, the players were absolutely nowhere near their opponent. Practically no Geelong defender was ever standing within 5 metres of a Crow, when the ball got pumped in there.

Tuohy.

Yet another great recruit. A defender who can't defend.

Kolo is awful. He's been in the system a while now, isn't improving, and will always be a plodder who does dumb things that gifts goals to the opposition. Keeping him on our list, along with Cowan, GHS and Stanley, will ensure the team's mediocrity.
Kolo is 2 years younger than Stewart and Bews.

He will be a really good player imo.

If most of our board was in list management no player would make 100 games.

Again, Tim McGrath has said it as good as anyone.

This team doesn't want to win a flag bag enough. You can point your fingers at individuals all you like, it's pointless. Collectively, this club (since 2011) have become the finals easy beats because they don't want it as bad as their opposition.

I think that when you're outside the club, simply putting losses down to "not wanting it enough" is a fairly lazy and simple way out of it - and somewhat unlikely, too. You'd need to be at close quarters to know who's putting in the overtime to get better, who's taking criticism on board and who's not and none of you, me or Tim McGrath are that person.

winty if they will persist on our board, and rejoice on injuring our players on their board
i dont think so
the chances of me posting that sloane should be suspended on their board without being suspended is nil, so the latitude we allow on our board is a joke

Absolutely with you Mahlepi!!! If we went on their board and made obtuse comments we'd be blocked faster than john bunting reaching for the next barrel.

Go Cats!!!!!

Does he though? Last years prelim rings a bell but then the memory is hazy.
You're off your head. Jelwood broke the record in last year's prelim for the most contested possessions in a final.

You need to stop being an attention seeking loser.

Compared to any proper team (hawthorn 3 peat collingwood 2011 st kilda 09-10 etc) they are frontrunning shit. The afl has seriously diluted the standard of the comp. You see better standard play at Storm games than any afl game now.
To finish top with just 15 wins says it all in my opinion. Regularly teams that finish the season with that amount usually finish between 3rd-7th.

Funnily enough you have to go back to 1997 to find the top team finish with such a low win count.
https://afltables.com/afl/seas/1997.html#lad

Kolo is 2 years younger than Stewart and Bews.

He will be a really good player imo.

If most of our board was in list management no player would make 100 games.
Many of our good young players should make 100 games - Parfitt, Cockatoo (if he can stay fit), ZGuthrie, Bews, Stewart, Parsons, probably Simpson. Kolo just isn't any good. Happy to disagree, but if you think Kolo has potential you're setting the bar pretty low I think.

Well, Tim McGrath would know a lot about playing in a highly skilled team that doesn't have it in them to win a flag.

Not sure I agree with him. I just think our "premiership window" was never fully open this year. Go back and check and you'll see that was the consensus generally anyway. We finished higher than expected. No one wants to report that though.

Fair call, second definitely flattered us. When you look at our worst 5-6, they're well and truly worse than that of the other top 3 finishers of 2017. We're definitely talent top heavy and just lack grunt from those players who are not necessarily the best talents. Joel and Dangerfield probably are the most talented, while are the hardest workers around the footy too... The right mix just isn't there at this point.

A flag will be won with an even side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bought time I've found something to disagree with you about.
Sounds far fetched but bar injuries I think he could be the best player in the comp.
I know he hasn't done much yet or a hell of a lot last night, but it was his first final and he didn't poo his pants like a lot of his more experienced peers.
I think he'll feel at home in finals.

Not at all, and I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

My point is, at this point, his actual output is very little. I wish people would stop acting like he's this force of nature that opposition teams are intimidated by (they aren't), and just let him develop. If necessary in the VFL. Hopefully he'll start getting 15-20 touches a week on a consistent basis instead of 9.

To finish top with just 15 wins says it all in my opinion. Regularly teams that finish the season with that amount usually finish between 3rd-7th.

Funnily enough you have to go back to 1997 to find the top team finish with such a low win count.
https://afltables.com/afl/seas/1997.html#lad
Yes, but there's two short caveats there - first of all, the final game was a dead rubber for them, and secondly that interstate sides tend to finish closer to the middle over H&A because travel is quite the factor.

I agree that they're not as dominant as Hawthorn in 2012-13, Collingwood in 2010-11 and us beforehand, but they're probably the best side of 2015, 16 and 17.

Get Stephen Dank on it and tell him to cover his bloody tracks better this time
great-idea-gif.gif

Fair call, second definitely flattered us. When you look at our worst 5-6, they're well and truly worse than that of the other top 3 finishers of 2017. We're definitely talent top heavy and just lack grunt from those players who are not necessarily the best talents. Joel and Dangerfield probably are the most talented, while are the hardest workers around the footy too... The right mix just isn't there at this point.

A flag will be won with an even side.
Very well put.

Many of our good young players should make 100 games - Parfitt, Cockatoo (if he can stay fit), ZGuthrie, Bews, Stewart, Parsons, probably Simpson. Kolo just isn't any good. Happy to disagree, but if you think Kolo has potential you're setting the bar pretty low I think.
You're entitled to your opinion.

Kolo has more potential than both Stewart and Bews and Zuthrie, Parsons and definitely Simpson.

Buzza is one of the few that have more potential than Kolo IMO.

Cockatoo, Parfitt, Buzza and Kolo have the most potential of any of our prospects and in that order IMO.

Not going to disagree, point is we have a good midfield group, but it's all falling apart somewhere. The lack of blocks so the mid with the ball can hit up a leading target is obvious.

I think we have great talent, yep. Our problem is we cannot meet and challenge sides who come out and hit us, hard. Too many players not body-lining their opponents and committing. My problem with a player like Guthrie is he's neither here nor there. Not talented or quick enough to be a real danger in offence consistently (like Duncan), and, well... he's unquestionably soft in the contest at AFL level. Physicality, zero impact.

I return to my point re the Crouch brothers. Those guys are THE example of hard work, commitment, how to build a career in the competition without talent on the higher side of the scale. We lack that in this group. I think Guthrie thinks he can get by on talent, he can't. We need a lift from that 2-3rd tier in 2018.

Yes, but there's two short caveats there - first of all, the final game was a dead rubber for them, and secondly that interstate sides tend to finish closer to the middle over H&A because travel is quite the factor.

I agree that they're not as dominant as Hawthorn in 2012-13, Collingwood in 2010-11 and us beforehand, but they're probably the best side of 2015, 16 and 17.
The Crows sides of 05, 06 and 12 finished with 17, 16 and 17 wins respectively.

Sorry if I am misreading the last part but are you saying that interstate sides were the best sides of 15, 16 and 17?

The Crows sides of 05, 06 and 12 finished with 17, 16 and 17 wins respectively.

Sorry if I am misreading the last part but are you saying that interstate sides were the best sides of 15, 16 and 17?
No, I'm not saying that - they're two separate and unrelated clauses.

I guess the two separate point that I'm making are:
  • Adelaide 2017 are a better side than Swans 2016 and Hawks 2015 (IMO the best sides over the entire year), and
  • Because interstate sides have to travel so much, they have a greater chance of winning their home games and losing their away games than Victorian teams. This means that their H&A results can average out somewhat.

I think we have great talent, yep. Our problem is we cannot meet and challenge sides who come out and hit us, hard. Too many players not body-lining their opponents and committing. My problem with a player like Guthrie is he's neither here nor there. Not talented or quick enough to be a real danger in offence consistently (like Duncan), and, well... he's unquestionably soft in the contest at AFL level. Physicality, zero impact.

I return to my point re the Crouch brothers. Those guys are THE example of hard work, commitment, how to build a career in the competition without talent on the higher side of the scale. We lack that in this group. I think Guthrie thinks he can get by on talent, he can't. We need a lift from that 2-3rd tier in 2018.
Can Guthrie is the very definition of a handbagger.

I'd trade him for Stringer before Thurlow if the Dogs want.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Adelaide wins the prelim [WARNING: ZERO TOLERANCE TO TROLLING]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back