Autopsy Adelaide wins the prelim [WARNING: ZERO TOLERANCE TO TROLLING]

Remove this Banner Ad

The booing of danger nothing short of disgraceful last night....8 ****ing yrs he gave them. He came bk to victoria and the surf coast because of home and family! Yeah there a booers out there but christ, not ex club stalwarts that go to other clubs for personal reasons not $$$$$$
Pathetic adl supporters.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That was ******* atrocious if true. I didnt see it BUT that does not matter.

That is miserable and an insight into bigger issues at the club. That is not team thinking. That is "we lost im getting off the ground" All about me me me.

Not good enough.

Go Catters
Hi Daz and Botsmaster, re where the coaches were: they walked across the ground from the side where the coaches' box is (which is not above the race) and stood side by side with our players to applaud Doms and Mack as they left. Apols if someone has already posted to this effect. We were about 40m away. Crows were also part of guard of honour. (Have just seen the other post about Hocking: can't speak for how or why he got there, but he did cross the ground with the coaches.)

Last edited:

The booing of danger nothing short of disgraceful last night....8 ******* yrs he gave them. He came bk to victoria and the surf coast because of home and family! Yeah there a booers out there but christ, not ex club stalwarts that go to other clubs for personal reasons not $$$$$$
Pathetic adl supporters.

If it doesn't lessen after they win the premiership then they're dumb children because no one boos Franklin or Ablett.

I feel like just copying and pasting my post after the Richmond final, because so much of that could apply to last night.

Where do you start? Another disappointing capitulation in a PF. But I didn't feel it was so much Adelaide's actual pressure, but implied pressure which undid us. To concede 17 of their 21 goals from our own turnovers is unforgivable, it has to be some sort of record, for us anyway. And so many of those turnovers came from poor decisions, under no pressure or poor execution, also under minimal pressure. 85-61 tackles in our favour backed this up. There was no need for intense pressure, we coughed the footy up for them, and with consummate ease.

There was none of the heat we applied to Sydney. And this has been symbolic of us as a team for the past two seasons. Brilliant one week, in all facets of the game, to lazy, sloppy bush footballers the next. Adelaide kicked their way through us in a fashion similar to what we did to Sydney only last week.

To not bring that heat from the beginning of a PF, you have to ask, is this group hungry for success or are they content with top 4 finishes only. Are we simply not good enough? But performances throughout the year, and the previous week suggest they can be. Is it just a symptom of a side still in transition, with many inexperienced footballers still finding their way, or is it something more deep seated? The picking and choosing when to go is so frustrating and possibly could have cost this group and a flag, as things are only going to get harder in the years ahead.

There are so many basics that are missing in our game. Where are the little things? The shepherds, the blocks, the knock ons, etc. The not so flashy stuff that often wins you games? Too many times our players run beside a teammate who has the ball, looking for the handball instead of protecting their mate. Charlie Cameron taking that big mark is a perfect example, no body work from the five GFC players, allowed him to take an uncontested mark effectively, when he should never have been given a run at it. At times selfishness plagues this group, and it is doesn't discriminate who it infects - Danger and Menzel both guilty of it, for example.

There will be a number of players who will be stewing, well I hope they do, about their final game for the year.

Zach Tuouy, excellent for large parts of the season was torn apart, and his disposal out of the backline was awful.

For me the blowtorch needs to put on Tom Hawkins. Insipid, soft, lazy, useless. Where was our key forward? 4 goals in total since his return from suspension. Zero impact or will to impose himself last night. Seems to be marking the ball by slapping it down first instead of grabbing it (injury?), failure to physically intimidate the Adelaide defence (never been a strong suit I know, and jumper punches aren't a form of intimidation, despite Taylor Walker's thoughts) was very ordinary from one of your leaders. Allows himself to be beaten too easily.

Blicavs, once again disappointing. Thought his work around the stoppages was very poor, though he wasn't alone. Zac Smith beaten comprehensively by Jacobs. Like the team, it's one week up, one week down. Kolo no impact, and from next year he needs to be settled into a position. Danger tried hard but didn't look right, before the collision with Sloane (should have been a free), or after it. The skipper willed himself to every contest, and was inspirational. Shame not too many want to go with him. Menzel, may have covered a heap of ground, but I would much prefer him to be effective with the ball and play a team game. It was all about the glory for him - long shots when teammates were free, interfering with teammates marking the ball. If that's his last game in the hoops, then it won't be one looked upon fondly. I could go on.

I'll finish up by giving the plaudits to Steven Motlop, who I felt was our best. Often the whipping boy, he worked his arse off and was one of the few who looked like he cared. For a player rumoured to be leaving, he didn't play like it. Yes, he can be a tease, but when the chips were down, he was a shining light amongst a shower of shit. I don't want him to go and would like the opportunity to give him the chance to produce this type of footy regularly next year. He wants to stay and we are a better side with him in it. Make it happen Cats, you may regret it if you don't.

The booing of danger nothing short of disgraceful last night....8 ******* yrs he gave them. He came bk to victoria and the surf coast because of home and family! Yeah there a booers out there but christ, not ex club stalwarts that go to other clubs for personal reasons not $$$$$$
Pathetic adl supporters.

Worse still is the disrespect and unsportsmanlike attitude from some of the fans. They have a short memory indeed. Our club was magnanimous to them when Phil Walsh was murdered- only two years ago. Not to mention the mutual respect given to him when we played them again.

If it doesn't lessen after they win the premiership then they're dumb children because no one boos Franklin or Ablett.
And the ****wits in front us excuse...."cause we got to, no reason" poor form adl! I live in this great city but **** me got to put up w rabid low class and don't worry high end crow's supporters

Worse still is the disrespect and unsportsmanlike attitude from some of the fans. They have a short memory indeed. Our club was magnanimous to them when Phil Walsh was murdered- only two years ago. Not to mention the mutual respect given to him when we played them again.

They are disgraceful. I will be cheering their opponent next week and the Crows' poor sportsmanship will not be forgotten when they lose.

To be fair Dangerfield did stir the pot a little bit on roaming Brian last week by stating that Adelaide the city was "no good", the reception was always going to be hostile. I agree the boos after he was lying flat were unwarranted. Fair enough if he got up straight away but he didn't. Most of the people on adelaide big footy do acknowledge what Dangerfield gave to our club and acknowledge that he left for good reasons. Excuse some of the knucklehead crows supporters at the game please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair Dangerfield did stir the pot a little bit on roaming Brian last week by stating that Adelaide the city was "no good", the reception was always going to be hostile. I agree the boos after he was lying flat were unwarranted. Fair enough if he got up straight away but he didn't. Most of the people on adelaide big footy do acknowledge what Dangerfield gave to our club and acknowledge that he left for good reasons. Excuse some of the knucklehead crows supporters at the game please.
Okay and what about the ones who booed him when his face was shown on the screen during our national anthem. Our anthem is bigger than one man and they couldn't even show respect towards our country.

I'm not surprised though. 99% of morons who boo are not bigfooty or Reddit members, they're actually the fools who post all over Facebook.

The tit-for-tat between Danger and a few Crows was done in friendly banter. I didn't realise some people actually took that seriously.

**** off mate! He was right to reply over Jenkins stir up!

Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney are miles ahead of the comp off the field.

All 3 will find a way to compete.

We are closer to a flag than the other 2 and need this off season to regroup.

I'm not sure Scotty thinks we are so close;

Geelong Cats dam burst in preliminary final loss to Adelaide: Chris Scott

After making one of the most gracious exits from a season, a composed Chris Scott delivered probably the sternest of warnings by a coach to his own club.
His tributes to Steve Hocking, Andrew Mackie and Tom Lonergan, who are leaving Geelong were heartfelt, and his showing of respect for Adelaide and their coach Don Pyke was genuine, but most of all his message to the Geelong faithful was incredibly blunt.
After losing to the Crows by 61 points in Friday night's first preliminary final before an AFL record 53,817 fans at Adelaide Oval, Scott virtually appealed to the Cats to have a reality check.
"I hope no one associated with Geelong falls into the trap of thinking that we were close again and we just have to improve a little bit to go the next step," Scott said.
"The cold, hard reality is that we have to go back to the start.
"There are some really good football teams with a lot of talent that never made the eight this year, whom I suspect will get better. I wish we could just fast-forward to the preliminary final next year, but we have just got so much work in front of us to even make the finals before we even start talking about how we are going to improve at the pointy end of the series.
"We will look forward quickly. We will do the requisite work in review and do everything we can to improve."
The Cats battled tenaciously, but ultimately lacked the depth of quality in such a high pressure game. Without hint of excuse, Scott lamented at the fact Geelong have struggled to settle their side during a demanding season – yet finished second at the end of the home-and-away series.
"Adelaide lost McGovern and Smith [for this final] but it has been a credit to their organisation that they have been able to maintain such cohesion through a long period, especially the last two years," Scott said.
"Their good players have been playing well, when it has counted.
"We played really good footy last week and we were confident we could again this week, but the season has ebbed and flowed in terms of the cohesion of our group and injury list.
"We probably thought we had a few holes right through the course of the season that we were always battling to fill.
"There was one stage there when I think we played three debutantes, and eight or nine debutantes for the year. We had a lot of players used right across our list, and while it is a credit to the players they were able to still get us to finish second at the end of the home and away end, it would be much more preferable to be playing 25 or 26 players across the course of the year instead of 36."
Scott made moving tributes to Hocking – "... one of the best people I have met in footy", Andrew Mackie – "...I hope he stays at our football club because he is just such a good football person" and Lonergan – "... watching him go back again with the flight of the ball; he virtually doesn't have any internal organs left but he continually puts his body on the line for his mates".
The coach then applauded Adelaide. "They were fantastic tonight," Scott said. "They were pretty much two games clear with two games to go in the season and their performance across the season well and truly justified the position they put themselves in tonight. They still had to get it done and they executed it extremely well.
"Their skill level ... how many goals did they kick out from the boundary line? That's not luck; it's a credit to their skill. Their coach Don has done a terrific job with them. They well and truly deserve to be where they are. From the Geelong footy club we wish them all the best."

Go Cats!!!!!

There was allot of nasty stuff being said last night by Crows supporters crowing. Fair enough they killed us but Danger gave them allot and they absolutely disgraceful their treatment. We had apologies coming from Other crows supporters. Did anyone see the poor guy who kissed another supporter and got decked and then security threw him out. Absolutely unbelievable. Plough said on the plane the Cats had over achieved this year in terms of ladder position but had had a terrific year with so many debutants who played well. Unheard of, and that everyone looks at how the Cats, Hawks and Swans go about it hence Hock off to the AFL. He thinks still another 1-2 seasons of list work.

Go Cats!!!!!

Pathetic adl supporters.

We only say it's a disgrace because he plays for us now. If I were an Adelaide supporter I'd be pretty annoyed with Dangerfield as well. To put it mildly.

This is a carbon copy of the Richmond game. This board had nothing but arrogant contempt for their team, their club, and their supporters in the lead up. After they came out and smashed us, suddenly it's the "why do they hate us?" routine.

We just can't handle losing.

There was allot of nasty stuff being said last night by Crows supporters crowing. Fair enough they killed us but Danger gave them allot and they absolutely disgraceful their treatment. We had apologies coming from Other crows supporters. Did anyone see the poor guy who kissed another supporter and got decked and then security threw him out. Absolutely unbelievable. Plough said on the plane the Cats had over achieved this year in terms of ladder position but had had a terrific year with so many debutants who played well. Unheard of, and that everyone looks at how the Cats, Hawks and Swans go about it hence Hock off to the AFL. He thinks still another 1-2 seasons of list work.

Go Cats!!!!!
I don't know why they treat the third best player of their clubs history (we can't include anything he's done since with us obviously so he's #3 after McLeod and Ricciuto) so horribly just because he was home sick.

They treat him worse than Tippett who lied and left. And unlike Danger, Tippett did next to nothing for them.

We only say it's a disgrace because he plays for us now. If I were an Adelaide supporter I'd be pretty annoyed with Dangerfield as well. To put it mildly.

This is a carbon copy of the Richmond game. This board had nothing but arrogant contempt for their team, their club, and their supporters in the lead up. After they came out and smashed us, suddenly it's the "why do they hate us?" routine.

We just can't handle losing.
Unless you're bitter. I respected pfd when he was at adl, I certainly didn't boo him

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Adelaide wins the prelim [WARNING: ZERO TOLERANCE TO TROLLING]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back