2nds AFC 2021 SANFL Thread - We're baaaaaaaack (in the SANFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's always been poor in that regard, needs to play next week

It's not that he is slow and can't chase anyone (that's always been true), it's that his actual effort to make position defensively is terrible. He just can't be bothered to work hard when the ball isn't in our hands.

Surely that's the sort of thing Nicks hates

It's not that he is slow and can't chase anyone (that's always been true), it's that his actual effort to make position defensively is terrible. He just can't be bothered to work hard when the ball isn't in our hands.

Surely that's the sort of thing Nicks hates
He would, but last night probably gives him no choice. I mean Fogarty isn't great defensively either but he's gotta play.

Borlase won't make it. Can't see how he gets a game over out other defenders (Talia, McAsey, Worrell, Murray, Butts)

McAsey and Hately both need massive pre-seasons for conditioning. McAsey does lots of stuff well, but in contested situations he gets bullied. Hately lacks power: running power, kicking power, handballing power, you name it

Gibbs was pretty good back in 2006.
Gibbs was probably the best junior I've ever seen.

Unless you count a different time - Roo was pretty amazing at 18, and Hart might have been even better.

I'd only play Lynch if Walker doesn't get up and even then I'd probably want to consider other options
I think that'll happen.

Lynch for Billy
Cook/Gollant for Rowe

I'm the opposite to those here.
Borlase will struggle to get a game with the talls we have already.
Newchurch doesn't need to improve that much to better than we do have. A big preseason and he could be close to best 22.
Tariek needs to improve defensively. We've seen what Rowe is doing in that regard, and he's much better than Newchurch

Norwood continue their Jekyll and Hyde year with a big win against Port.

I'm the opposite to those here.
Borlase will struggle to get a game with the talls we have already.
Newchurch doesn't need to improve that much to better than we do have. A big preseason and he could be close to best 22.

Borlase probably ends up having a career similar to Keenan Ramsey. Good SANFL player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tariek needs to improve defensively. We've seen what Rowe is doing in that regard, and he's much better than Newchurch
Dudley has a far more rounded game than Newchurch and he's most likely available to us, Newchurch for mine is several years away from AFL and it's no certainty he makes it.

God I hope Gollant and Cook have decent offseasons, we could really use them in the 1's at half forward, Berry et al do their best competing at our half forward against guys 7 to 15cm taller but even if they bring it to ground the taller heavier guys are usually more balanced and get the mop up. Cook and Gollant have got the height to make that much more difficult. Another Gollant like player would be great- tall, fast, leap, mark, reasonable kick and field play IQ, I'd like one of these from the draft please. We need a couple of good midsize pressure and mark forwards.

Dunno if the kangatech is damaging players backs or not but the amount of times we bend down and then leave it behind grrrr

Hately looked to be really working on lateral movement and evasion today. Perhaps its something he's been told to work on.

Really wish we'd bring Strachan in to give ROB a chop out. ROB's battled manfully all year but he's getting a bit battle weary. Our setup relies on break even from ruck contests, so with a tired and sore ROB we are on a hiding into nothing.

Ollie Davis knows how to get hold of it. Wozzle was good. Borlase ok. Didn't think McAsey was that great but I only watched last third, looks like he got a bit of it. OConnor will tear SANFL apart after another preseason, pretty sure he stays on our list, will really look forward to him next year.

McPherson, Lynch, Fog, Hately, Oconnor, Strachan gotta be chances to come in this week.

Who came out for Clamp? He looked ok, so did that Kennedy dude.

As a Category B rookie we can keep Tariek on the list for 3 years at virtually no cost to us

Will cost us Dudley and Blayne O'Loughlin if they both get to the rookie picks. Dudley much much better prospect than Tariek, albeit extremely unfit. If O'Loughiln gets to the rookie spots then I'd rather both Blayne and Dudley over Borlase and Tariek.

Will cost us Dudley and Blayne O'Loughlin if they both get to the rookie picks. Dudley much much better prospect than Tariek, albeit extremely unfit. If O'Loughiln gets to the rookie spots then I'd rather both Blayne and Dudley over Borlase and Tariek.
We can always just use a rookie pick or a pick in the main draft if we rate either of Dudley or O'loughlin.

God I hope Gollant and Cook have decent offseasons, we could really use them in the 1's at half forward, Berry et al do their best competing at our half forward against guys 7 to 15cm taller but even if they bring it to ground the taller heavier guys are usually more balanced and get the mop up. Cook and Gollant have got the height to make that much more difficult. Another Gollant like player would be great- tall, fast, leap, mark, reasonable kick and field play IQ, I'd like one of these from the draft please. We need a couple of good midsize pressure and mark forwards.

Dunno if the kangatech is damaging players backs or not but the amount of times we bend down and then leave it behind grrrr

Hately looked to be really working on lateral movement and evasion today. Perhaps its something he's been told to work on.

Really wish we'd bring Strachan in to give ROB a chop out. ROB's battled manfully all year but he's getting a bit battle weary. Our setup relies on break even from ruck contests, so with a tired and sore ROB we are on a hiding into nothing.

Ollie Davis knows how to get hold of it. Wozzle was good. Borlase ok. Didn't think McAsey was that great but I only watched last third, looks like he got a bit of it. OConnor will tear SANFL apart after another preseason, pretty sure he stays on our list, will really look forward to him next year.

McPherson, Lynch, Fog, Hately, Oconnor, Strachan gotta be chances to come in this week.

Who came out for Clamp? He looked ok, so did that Kennedy dude.
Hately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back