2nds AFC 2021 SANFL Thread - We're baaaaaaaack (in the SANFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why we constantly keep going to two lads we cant pick in our AFL side for the CB’s... why arent we giving all these opportunities to guys we can elevate to our AFL side?..

Or do we think our current AFL “go to” CB players are killing it so we dont need to worry about other options...

Was good to see fog in there for one of them in that quarter..

There really isn't anyone left tbh.

You've got Hately, and O'Connor... but that's pretty much it. Everyone else who could have been elevated to the AFL in our midfield has already been elevated.

Especially if Fog had a good game forward, which by all reports, it seems he has.

Sorry fellas, missed the match as I was at the local footy.

Looked like it was going to get out of hand early doors, but fought back valiantly to go under in an honorable loss.

Better players stat wise (and ones looking to get a call up next week) look to be Lynchy, McPherson, Hately ... and that Strachany bloke looks like he went pretty well also.

Anyway, will watch the replay tomorrow and be better positioned to discuss who the better players were then :thumbsu:

God I hope Gollant and Cook have decent offseasons, we could really use them in the 1's at half forward, Berry et al do their best competing at our half forward against guys 7 to 15cm taller but even if they bring it to ground the taller heavier guys are usually more balanced and get the mop up. Cook and Gollant have got the height to make that much more difficult. Another Gollant like player would be great- tall, fast, leap, mark, reasonable kick and field play IQ, I'd like one of these from the draft please. We need a couple of good midsize pressure and mark forwards.

Dunno if the kangatech is damaging players backs or not but the amount of times we bend down and then leave it behind grrrr

Hately looked to be really working on lateral movement and evasion today. Perhaps its something he's been told to work on.

Really wish we'd bring Strachan in to give ROB a chop out. ROB's battled manfully all year but he's getting a bit battle weary. Our setup relies on break even from ruck contests, so with a tired and sore ROB we are on a hiding into nothing.

Ollie Davis knows how to get hold of it. Wozzle was good. Borlase ok. Didn't think McAsey was that great but I only watched last third, looks like he got a bit of it. OConnor will tear SANFL apart after another preseason, pretty sure he stays on our list, will really look forward to him next year.

McPherson, Lynch, Fog, Hately, Oconnor, Strachan gotta be chances to come in this week.

Who came out for Clamp? He looked ok, so did that Kennedy dude.

Yep, Gollant and Cook are looking really good. Hopefully they put in a big preseason
The other guy I'm excited about is Parnell, he has got some great football ability.
I hope that his shoulder injury isn't too serious

Sorry fellas, missed the match as I was at the local footy.

Looked like it was going to get out of hand early doors, but fought back valiantly to go under in an honorable loss.

Better players stat wise (and ones looking to get a call up next week) look to be Lynchy, McPherson, Hately ... and that Strachany bloke looks like he went pretty well also.

Anyway, will watch the replay tomorrow and be better positioned to discuss who the better players were then :thumbsu:
Yeah I think you better!

Did nothing today worthy of a call up, lack of pace again on show, maybe he's still carrying a niggle, O'Connor was better today anyhow.
Comfortably

Thought our guys fought the game out well after a rough start. Pretty much the story of the club this year.

Except for last night.

Sounds like Lynch got through this match pretty well

Bring him in next week IMO (and I've been one of Lynch's harshest critics all year), even if only to give us some actual aerial presence. His defensive pressure can't be much worse than what we dished up last night

Borlase won't make it. Can't see how he gets a game over out other defenders (Talia, McAsey, Worrell, Murray, Butts)

McAsey and Hately both need massive pre-seasons for conditioning. McAsey does lots of stuff well, but in contested situations he gets bullied. Hately lacks power: running power, kicking power, handballing power, you name it
I've only seen Hately maybe 5 times this year, but this is exactly what I think. Just seems so weak in all areas including strength.

Might Borlase be a cut at the end of the season (especially if Talia stays)?

Given our young tall defender depth, I can't really see him making it at the Crows, anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've only seen Hately maybe 5 times this year, but this is exactly what I think. Just seems so weak in all areas including strength.
It's been a rollercoaster with Jackson.

First people were annoyed we didn't draft him, then we were stoked we got him for free and now a lot of people don't think he was worth the trouble.

Given our young tall defender depth, I can't really see him making it at the Crows, anyway
Would be harsh, but it's possible.

We need to pull some more aces out of our Butts (pun intended). If that Rookie B spot is blocking another rookie like Murray then we have to free it up.

I don’t see that it should affect our decision on Talia as this kid isn’t getting a game anyway. We could just take our chances with a different rookie that could get called up. If we can’t delist Frampton he can be the worst case break glass KPD for 2022.

Young tall defender depth? We have Butts at 198, McAsey at 196 and that's it. Then we have medium defenders in Murray and Worrell 194 and Borlase at 192 followed by Davis, Kelly, Hinge at 190 and Dude at 187.

It's why I like Frampton down back as we lack tall defender depth and why Dude should play midfield as we have depth in the 190-192 defender space.

Young tall defender depth? We have Butts at 198, McAsey at 196 and that's it. Then we have medium defenders in Murray and Worrell 194 and Borlase at 192 followed by Davis, Kelly, Hinge at 190 and Dude at 187.

It's why I like Frampton down back as we lack tall defender depth and why Dude should play midfield as we have depth in the 190-192 defender space.

Ive been asking us for years to try Doedee in the midfield. It’s criminal that we haven’t even given it a go. Has great awareness and lateral movement. Is superb overhead. What have we got to lose?

Yes Hately his work rate was good today, work hard off the ball, and made it to more contests than you give him credit for.
Nope, he was very average actually, certainly nothing screaming pick me.

Gibbs was probably the best junior I've ever seen.

Unless you count a different time - Roo was pretty amazing at 18, and Hart might have been even better.

I’d go Ben Hart. All-Australian in his first season for the Crows (1992), playing the first half of the season as a 17yo!

From memory, he also starred against minor Premier South Adelaide on his SANFL debut in the 1990 finals as a 16yo.

Pretty fine AFL career as a senior too.

I’d go Ben Hart. All-Australian in his first season for the Crows (1992), playing the first half of the season as a 17yo!

From memory, he also starred against minor Premier South Adelaide on his SANFL debut in the 1990 finals as a 16yo.

Pretty fine AFL career as a senior too.
Only player in history to go AA in his first two seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back