2nds AFC 2021 SANFL Thread - We're baaaaaaaack (in the SANFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might Borlase be a cut at the end of the season (especially if Talia stays)?

Given our young tall defender depth, I can't really see him making it at the Crows, anyway

I didn't see enough if him in junior football to comment but at one stage he was toured a top ten pick in the media.

Hately has been a major dissapointed, while still young given the make up of our list he was brought in as a virtual mature player to play 22 games but doesn't look anywhere near it.

Nope, he was very average actually, certainly nothing screaming pick me.
Watching the game he worked hard and he's reading the play was good, his work rate is getting better, and he playing more natural and defending better,

One thing I will say he will get his hands on the ball more than some of the other mids we are currently using.

Watching the game he worked hard and he's reading the play was good, his work rate is getting better, and he playing more natural and defending better,

One thing I will say he will get his hands on the ball more than some of the other mids we are currently using.
which ones?

Keays is averaging 28.4 disposals
Rory Laird 31.9
Rory Sloane 22.1

Hately's averaging 23.4 in the SANFL and 11.7 in his 3 AFL games

How can Hately look like a gym junkie yet seemingly have zero strength or power on the field?

Is he just unfit after a injury-affected pre-season?
He had a groin injury earlier in the season that affected his power, also as Nicks mention in a interview, had to work on the defensive side of his game, and find ways to stay involved in the game.

which ones?

Keays is averaging 28.4 disposals
Rory Laird 31.9
Rory Sloane 22.1

Hately's averaging 23.4 in the SANFL and 11.7 in his 3 AFL games
Schoenburg had a couple of games when he gone well but need to do more, Berry not finding enough but his defensive work is good, and yes I know he plays on the flank but his also spends time around the ball, Pedlar still new so give him time, but he still needs to find the ball. I mention that when he played in the SANFL.

At this time the Crows mids are all the same there is no variation or difference, there no size and there no quick hands.
And our mids are the master of passing the ball to players in crowds not player in the open.
Even when we win the middle we lose the next play, they are either not thinking or they are slow.

Schoenburg had a couple of games when he gone well but need to do more, Berry not finding enough but his defensive work is good, and yes I know he plays on the flank but his also spends time around the ball, Pedlar still new so give him time, but he still needs to find the ball. I mention that when he played in the SANFL.

At this time the Crows mids are all the same there is no variation or difference, there no size and there no quick hands.
And our mids are the master of passing the ball to players in crowds not player in the open.
Even when we win the middle we lose the next play, they are either not thinking or they are slow.
And Hately isn't any quicker than any of those boys, as for his size I'm yet to see any evidence since he joined us where he uses it to advantage. He's been disappointing whatever way you want to spin it and it seems t6hhat's the coaching panel's thinking too.

And Hately isn't any quicker than any of those boys, as for his size I'm yet to see any evidence since he joined us where he uses it to advantage. He's been disappointing whatever way you want to spin it and it seems t6hhat's the coaching panel's thinking too.
Maybe he not, but from what I have seen he is different and offer a different perspective, same as O,Connor,
Also when I say quick I don't mean foot speed.

How can Hately look like a gym junkie yet seemingly have zero strength or power on the field?

Hately might have decent size arms but he has no shoulder width at all and looks tinier than his height and size due to this. He is actually a light frame aside from his biceps . Bit like Gallucci was whom was shorter however and both are not strong over the ball.

Nope, he was very average actually, certainly nothing screaming pick me.
I would have thought he was in our best players - no one really screamed "pick me".

I didn't see enough if him in junior football to comment but at one stage he was toured a top ten pick in the media.

Hately has been a major dissapointed, while still young given the make up of our list he was brought in as a virtual mature player to play 22 games but doesn't look anywhere near it.

Yeah, I think the groin injury was a problem for him getting right for this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like Lynch got through this match pretty well

Bring him in next week IMO (and I've been one of Lynch's harshest critics all year), even if only to give us some actual aerial presence. His defensive pressure can't be much worse than what we dished up last night

aerial presence? Lynch gets his marks by out working opponents and creating space for himself. Averages less than one contested mark per game.

Are we a chance for Horne if we have pick 3-4? Or is he looking likely to be pick 1 or 2?

If we finish 2nd last then there's a slight chance he can get there. The way I think it is at the moment is Daicos, Sam Darcy (both bids) and then Horne. But some other players might be more appealing to North Melbourne with their actual live pick as there's a bunch of highly rated Victorians that aren't go-home risks. E.g. Finn Callaghan, Sinn, Sonsie, Hobbs, etc. If I was NM I would trade back with all those options and let us take the first live pick for Horne.

If we finish 2nd last then there's a slight chance he can get there. The way I think it is at the moment is Daicos, Sam Darcy (both bids) and then Horne. But some other players might be more appealing to North Melbourne with their actual live pick as there's a bunch of highly rated Victorians that aren't go-home risks. E.g. Finn Callaghan, Sinn, Sonsie, Hobbs, etc. If I was NM I would trade back with all those options and let us take the first live pick for Horne.

Its not impossible. Especially if it’s a 1 pick downgrade. If they accepted our 1st and 2nd. I don’t think we would be offering much more than that. With the state of our list we can’t afford to.

Did nothing today worthy of a call up, lack of pace again on show, maybe he's still carrying a niggle, O'Connor was better today anyhow.
I was just going off the stats, got a fair bit of it. I only saw the last 3rd of the game. Looked ok, not terrible, not great, but given how the ones went, thought he might be a chance.

At least criticism of the highlights videos has resulted in an improved product.

Want to see why Hately isn't an AFL player? Go to 4:30 mark. Gets an easy crumb and under zero pressure, handballs backwards, between two players to the ground.
Just trash play.

Schoenberg and Pedlar would have streamed forward and hit a target. Berry would have at the very least made a creative handball that hit a target.

Want to see why Hately isn't an AFL player? Go to 4:30 mark. Gets an easy crumb and under zero pressure, handballs backwards, between two players to the ground.
Just trash play.

Schoenberg and Pedlar would have streamed forward and hit a target. Berry would have at the very least made a creative handball that hit a target.
Like they did not do on Fri, Maybe you should watch both Schoenburg, Pedlar and Berry again.

Yes those 3 have are good players and do stand chance to make the grade, But some on BF seem to cherry-pick a lot.

North would have rocks in their head if they overlook Horne at pick 1, they should've taken McDonald last year over Philips though so never say never...

Yeah i wonder who they’re looking at, do they need a KPF?

Just trash play.

He did a lot of good stuff too, and Berry etc all have examples of doing rubbish.

It just depends what you're looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back