Autopsy AFL 2018 - Grand Final - West Coast v Collingwood

Is Rod ...

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That was the 27th time the Pies have been beaten in a GF.

Sheesh that number is huge and although it is a mighty effort to make them that "forever the bridesmaid" tag haunts them.

Since I've been watching footy.

1977 - draw
1977 - lost
1979 - lost
1980 - lost
1981 - lost
1990 - won
2002 - lost
2003 - lost
2010 - draw
2010 - won
2011 - lost
2018 - lost

12 games - 2 wins, 2 draws, 8 losses.

*oops, update, I forgot of all years, 2011.

Last edited:
I thought Collingwood were the better team and got stiffed with the umpiring, they swung momentum West Coast's way when the Pies got on top.

Daisy Pearce is still horrendous with her screechy nasally bogan voice, if Ch7 want a female voice in their coverage there are much better options.

Jimmy Barnes is still a music legend, he knocked the Black Eyed Peas out of the park, people that are bagging his performance just don't get music.
At the risk of sounding sexist, I just don't like women's voices in sports. They are far too high pitched for my liking.(That sounds sexist as **** but it's probably because I've been conditioned to prefer deeper voices with commentators or presentators.)

It's alright - at least our supporters won't be jumping on peoples cars (or keying my mates car in Richmond like last year, or shitting in his front yard).
Joffa is one of the most decent people you could ever meet. The amount he gives back to charity and the unfortunates in society is phenomenal.
If his fanatical support for his club upsets you - bad luck. As least he is not as nasty or petty as you seem to be and is gracious in defeat.
I'd rather see the theatrics of burning an opposition scarf than going out and repeatedly bashing as 61yo after a game.
Real gracious, just like mason Cox tweeting Jack Higgins threw it after he was awarded gal of the year.

West Coast have such a good game plan with high-end marking players and controlling the ball.

Small forward line is now obsolete. Those than cant set a wall at half back to wing with elite marking players are doomed to fail.

Not forgetting Weagles had three of their best players out and still got over the line.

Interesting to see whether Melbourne chaos system will stack up deep in the finals next year.

At the risk of sounding sexist, I just don't like women's voices in sports. They are far too high pitched for my liking.(That sounds sexist as **** but it's probably because I've been conditioned to prefer deeper voices with commentators or presentators.)

I personally just don't think Daisy is the right person for the job - and it has nothing to do with being a woman.

Nat Edwards would be great and deserves to be given more airtime. Knows what she's talking about and holds herself well in front of camera.

Watch some of the american sports and there are plenty of female reporters and analysts who are very good at what they do. Unfortunately, and consistent with the overuse of plenty of male ex-footballers as commentators, Daisy isn't one of them.

Scored more against West Coast in the second half today than Melbourne could in the entire first half against West Coast.:p
Double in fact:D
So in other words, he kicked two goals? Amazing effort.

How many times was he outmarked?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Real gracious, just like mason Cox tweeting Jack Higgins threw it after he was awarded gal of the year.
It was a throw....but I'm glad he was awarded for an exciting piece of play..
So tell me - with that ruling what is to stop you throwing the ball up in the out in front of you , even over your opponents head, as long as later you kick the ball?

You realise half the footy world have called that one a throw? At the most it is very dubious - to the point that both Reiwoldt and Higgins joked about it on Brownlod night.
Shaun Burgoyne also called it a throw this morning when they were discussing it - but no, he's not a Collingwood player.

Since I've been watching footy.

1977 - draw
1977 - lost
1979 - lost
1980 - lost
1981 - lost
1990 - won
2002 - lost
2003 - lost
2010 - draw
2010 - won
2018 - lost