Autopsy AFL 2018 - Grand Final - West Coast v Collingwood

Is Rod ...

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Five goals to none with ~3mins to go in first quarter... there would have been a few Collingwood players thinking up their post game victory speech. It could only happen to Collingwood.

Josh Thomas ruffing up the eagles players hair after a goal in that first quarter.

Might want to make sure of the result before doing that kind of stuff :D

Just in case your heart rate has returned to normal
The moment collingwood hearts break in 2 occurs at exactly the 1 minute mark.

I synched in a Pink Floyd album, and Wish You Were Here starts when the camera pans to Sidebottom and Pendles immediately after the final siren.

Seriously the most bittersweet moment of my life. 2 days before I was meant to fly to Melbourne I had an accident at work. Dislocated my elbow and fractured bones holding it together. Days in hospital and 5 hours of surgery meant I couldn't be there.

I feel you there mate, i had a collapsed lung during the week and had to watch from a hospital bed, this win was better than any painkiller they have given me though

Still reckon Collingwood need that marquee key forward. Not sure if Lynch is a lock for the Tigers but the Pies should be throwing big bucks at him.

Cox is okay for cameos here and there and Mihocek is a good honest footballer but they are not enough.

The moment collingwood hearts break in 2 occurs at exactly the 1 minute mark.

I synched in a Pink Floyd album, and How I Wish You Were Here starts when the camera pans to Sidebottom and Pendles immediately after the final siren.
WHUvhiH.gif

Still reckon Collingwood need that marquee key forward. Not sure if Lynch is a lock for the Tigers but the Pies should be throwing big bucks at him.

Cox is okay for cameos here and there and Mihocek is a good honest footballer but they are not enough.

Agree Collingwood small forward line could not stand up against that beastly Weagles defence.. absolute monstered them aerially.

haha **** off

The umpires were on your side for the majority of the game early, too afraid to pay HTB against you guys.

We dominated around the ground, smashed the inside 50s and only our inaccuracy kept you in it in the 4th quarter.

We were the better team, despite the umpiring.

Agreed.

Our guys kept fighting but you were well on top after quarter time

So in other words, he kicked two goals? Amazing effort.

How many times was he outmarked?
Had six marks taken on him....two others taken when he was blocked from competing in the contest...
Took 7 marks of his own...3 contested...
Brought the ball to ground several times...
Played better in the second half....showed some guts to comeback.
Kicked 2 goals...only Kennedy kicked more than him for West Coast with 3....and De Goey kicked 3 for us...not a bad contribution in a close game.

Melksham kicked two goals against the Eagles when you played them.
How many goals did the rest of your starting forwards kick against West Coast - that's Tom McDonald, Charlie Spargo, Aaron vandenBerg, Christian Petracca, Alex Neal-Bullen.
Not sure?
ZERO...NADA...NIL...NOT A SAUSAGE...... hahahahaha.....and you have the audacity to pay out on Cox:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You obviously don't know the basic rules of kicking. There is no rule indicating which way the ball must go after it leaves your hand and then touches your boot in the art of kicking. In fact one of the other 3 finalists was Heeney's goal where he threw it in an upward direction before booting it over his head.
It was a legal kick and thus a legal goal. If you can show me where in all the rules of AFL footy it stipulated that the ball must fall down to your boot for it to be a kick, I'll grant you are correct, but I bet you will struggle to do so.

Yup, totally agree. I didn't hear too many people calling for a throw today when (I think) Stephenson was on his back and threw the ball up to kick it.

What a grand final. Collingwood have it their all. But west coast would have been stiff to lose in the end. Darling was fantastic in the second half. Reckon he was asked “is this how you want to be remembered? 2 poor grand finals?” He responded. Schofield was also huge. Didn’t lose a contest. Shuey a deserved NS and McGovern and Barrass great down back.

As opposed to Melbourne who showed their true colors last week.
Eagles lost a semi-final by eleven goals last year, wonder what they're doing now.

Oh that's right, they're celebrating a premiership. Awesome.

Last edited:
Josh Thomas ruffing up the eagles players hair after a goal in that first quarter.

Might want to make sure of the result before doing that kind of stuff :D
First quarter??
Is the best you can do?
Seriously...all players indulge in a bit of gamesmanship to try and ruffle their opponents and get into their heads...winning or losing.
What a pathetic post.

Autopsy, strange game I couldn't really get my head around.
Called it early in the final quarter, got that wrong.
A lot of players had great moments and putrid ones. In a way it was a classic.

I've been pumping up Collingwood all year, but didn't think they'd get as far as they did. Awesome effort. Shame someone had to lose.

The Eagles, I at no time thought they get this far, or win if they did. Congrats on a hard fought win.

It turns out Pablo knows nothing about footy.

I liked the umpiring too, barely noticed it the whole game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2018 - Grand Final - West Coast v Collingwood

Back