Autopsy AFL 2018 - Grand Final - West Coast v Collingwood

Is Rod ...

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree Collingwood small forward line could not stand up against that beastly Weagles defence.. absolute monstered them aerially.
Issue was clearly our lack of KPD.

We’ve kicked the same amount of goals as a team with 2 quality key forwards. Our forward line is fine imo.

What a grand final. Collingwood have it their all. But west coast would have been stiff to lose in the end. Darling was fantastic in the second half. Reckon he was asked “is this how you want to be remembered? 2 poor grand finals?” He responded. Schofield was also huge. Didn’t lose a contest. Shuey a deserved NS and McGovern and Barrass great down back.

That drop mark in the goal square through.. boy o boy...

Eh fair play to Cox, he battled back pretty well in the 2nd half since he had a stinker in the 1st half. Still reckon Mike Pyke has his measure quite comfortably. ;)

Darling had a great second half after shit first half too.
Eagles owned the air. Oh, the what ifs for Nafan if he had the courage to play someone with more size on Kennedy.... Hello Darcy Moore... Fortune favours the brave. You got to take risks sometimes in order to win. Selection table was too safe.

I mean Richmond destroyed your mob Hawthorn, and they probably would have beat WC easily let's face it. Collingwood got lucky to even make the GF
No. That doesn't make any sense. Read what you're writing.

What you're saying should then translate to West Coast are lucky Collingwood made the Grand Final.

Make sense?

And in any Case Collingwood were not lucky to even make the Grand Final. They deserved it by smashing Richmond.

And Richmond were no guarantee to beat West Coast.

You obviously don't know the basic rules of kicking. There is no rule indicating which way the ball must go after it leaves your hand and then touches your boot in the art of kicking. In fact one of the other 3 finalists was Heeney's goal where he threw it in an upward direction before booting it over his head.
It was a legal kick and thus a legal goal. If you can show me where in all the rules of AFL footy it stipulated that the ball must fall down to your boot for it to be a kick, I'll grant you are correct, but I bet you will struggle to do so.
Most of the rules are up to interpretation or the discretion of the umpires.
So how far are you allowed to throw the ball out in front of you before you kick it? How high?
Why can't you throw a ball over an opponents head and run past and kick it? Nothing states you can;t do that either.
Don't get me wrong, it was an amazing peace of play and an ingenious goal so good luck to him.
Just going forward I wouldn't want this type of play to set a precedent.

What a game, best GF since 2012 and probably the best come from behind win I've seen since 97 and 84.

Eagles showed a lot of grit to fight back after an awful start and memories of 2015.

Normally I hate the Pies on the field but I actually feel gutted for them and Buckley.

Neither team deserved to lose but this will be the first granny in quite a while in which I'll watch the replay a few times. Both teams did themselves proud IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Thomas ruffing up the eagles players hair after a goal in that first quarter.

Might want to make sure of the result before doing that kind of stuff :D

In a way they must be expecting it by now;

2002 GF (~one goal in it at 3 qtr time)
2007 PF (~one goal in it at 3 qtr time)
2010 GF (~one goal in it at 3 qtr time)
2011 GF (~one goal in it at 3 qtr time)
2018 GF (draw at 3 qtr time)

It must be hard to watch...

That was the 27th time the Pies have been beaten in a GF.

Sheesh that number is huge and although it is a mighty effort to make them that "forever the bridesmaid" tag haunts them.

Wasn't it the 28th? What is it with them and grand final failures? Lol.

No. That doesn't make any sense. Read what you're writing.

What you're saying should then translate to West Coast are lucky Collingwood made the Grand Final.

Make sense?

And in any Case Collingwood were not lucky to even make the Grand Final. They deserved it by smashing Richmond.

And Richmond were no guarantee to beat West Coast.

Ummm, it makes perfect sense mate. Collingwood lost to Richmond twice this year and beat them once. They were lucky to get in the GF, and Richmond would have easily beaten WC at the G. Sorry. But you were very brave as usual

Is Collingwood the first team ever to kick the first 5 goals in a grandfinal then lose? What a game though, been a while since we've had a closenone like that!
West coast kicked the first 4 in 1991 but I think 5 is the rarefied air of Collingwood.

Daniel Venables the luckiest bloke in footy today. If the Eagles had lost he would have received a lot of stick for his performance. 1 kick, 3 handballs, 1 free kick against and 2 tackles.
We have a winner for Leon Davis medal

Great Game and congrats to West Coast. Incredible finish and Shuey was the difference when it counted.

One of those games where both teams really deserved to win but unfortunately can only be one

Gotta feel for Collingwood, played well all game and just got pipped at the the post. Heartbroken for Buckley, easily my favourite coach and would've been thrilled for him to win. Feel absolutely awful for Woodward, not that he cost them the game but he was clearly affected after the game. Fantastic year by them and can't thank them enough for putting Richmond back in their box, will be forever grateful.
Chins up and come back bigger and better next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2018 - Grand Final - West Coast v Collingwood

Back