Autopsy AFL 2020 Premiership Season Second Qualifying Final - Lions v Tigers Fri October 2nd 7:50pm AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 50 23.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 69 32.7%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope, I'm not playing, unless they announce the beer lines may not get up in time for the match.

As for the players, sure there'd be nerves, don't buy into this bunnies b.s. though
Well I'll be enjoying a beer on the couch about 4,300km away & will still be nervous. Glad you lot are overly confident after reading some posts in here.
Agree the "bunnies" thing is overrated. Destroying the Cats in the 2017 QF springs to mind.

Nope, I'm not playing, unless they announce the beer lines may not get up in time for the match.

As for the players, sure there'd be nerves, don't buy into this bunnies b.s. though
I'm still nervous for the players though even if I am not playing tbh. But that's just me.

He had a standard hammy as per Fagan today. He is mistified by why people are thinking it was a bad one
A standard hammy is 3 weeks - full stop. Initial estimates of Andrews hammy was 5-6 weeks hence why everyone thought it was a bad hammy - why can Fagan not understand that. They either misdiagnosed initially, are playing him too early, have miracle doctors that know something all other doctors in the world dont or have miracle drugs. Which part is Fagan tryin to play down

A standard hammy is 3 weeks - full stop. Initial estimates of Andrews hammy was 5-6 weeks hence why everyone thought it was a bad hammy - why can Fagan not understand that. They either misdiagnosed initially, are playing him too early, have miracle doctors that know something all other doctors in the world dont or have miracle drugs. Which part is Fagan tryin to play down
From what I understand is the lions medical team don't "rest" hamstring injuries and get the players running pretty soon after injury, which I think is a relatively new hamstring injury management. Would be interesting to know if other clubs follow the same injury protocols, as the lions have had a pretty good record with injury management and prevention.

Aren't you? I am nervous/excited before any final and this one would probably be included. I want it to go our way but the unknown of whether it will pan out the way I want it to makes me nervous.

I don't think I'll be a nervous wreck though. The Richmond boys are professionals and reliable so they at least gain my confidence before the match even if they end up losing.

Would think most would be nervous/excited going into a final even if you're the favorite to win. Tigers are expected to win though so probably more to be nervous about.

Last edited:
Well I'll be enjoying a beer on the couch about 4,300km away & will still be nervous. Glad you lot are overly confident after reading some posts in here.
Agree the "bunnies" thing is overrated. Destroying the Cats in the 2017 QF springs to mind.

Don't take banter seriously.Vast majority of Lions supporters and neutrals are confident we are a decent chance at best. From what I see the majority of Tiger supporters are supremely confident of a win. Justified cockiness/arrogance considering our record V Tigers.

Would think most would be nervous/excited going into a final even if you're the favorite to win. Tigers are expected to win though so probably more to be nervous about.

Pressure on lions double chance again out in straight sets last year,home, crowd behind you if you think otherwise your dreaming.

Pressure on lions double chance again out in straight sets last year,home, crowd behind you if you think otherwise your dreaming.

Sure some pressure but Lions still massive underdogs. Home - Tigers own the Lions at the Gabba and the crowd will have more than enough Tigers supporters. However when we inevitably lose the pressure will amp up to beat the Dogs/Saints and avoid another straight sets. Like most Tigers fans I just don't see us winning

From what I understand is the lions medical team don't "rest" hamstring injuries and get the players running pretty soon after injury, which I think is a relatively new hamstring injury management. Would be interesting to know if other clubs follow the same injury protocols, as the lions have had a pretty good record with injury management and prevention.
Richmond are extremely conservative with hamstring injuries I noticed. Grimes is the only one who had a relatively short turnarounds in recent years (when he tweaked it a couple of months or so ago)

Yeah, I think Andrews mentioned he was running two days after the tear and slowly built up from there.

Like most Tigers fans I just don't see us winning

Brisbane has a realistic chance, and the finals open right up if they can get over the line. They will leap to premiership favouritism. But in the meantime it would be remiss of us not to terrorise you with facts.

11 in a row at the Gabba WWWWWWWWWWW
15 in a row in Queensland WWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
15 in a row v Brisbane WWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Welcome to the jungle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane has a realistic chance, and the finals open right up if they can get over the line. They will leap to premiership favouritism. But in the meantime it would be remiss of us not to terrorise you with facts.

11 in a row at the Gabba
15 in a row in Queensland
15 in a row v Brisbane

Welcome to the jungle.
Facts are ok, but numerology is eternal

15x2 is 30
15-11 is 4

11 McCarthy
15 Zorko
30 Hipwood
4 Ah Chee

are going to destroy you, it has been foretold

Facts are ok, but numerology is eternal

15x2 is 30
15-11 is 4

11 McCarthy
15 Zorko
30 Hipwood
4 Ah Chee

are going to destroy you, it has been foretold

Apparently Fagan called a team meeting and had McCarthy present to the group as a Brisbane player who remembers what its like to play in a win against Richmond.

Here's how the Lions win on Friday:
1. Lynch out means the Brisbane defenders move down a rung a dominate that area of the ground.
2. Mitch Robinson hasn't been a high possession getter this year, send him to Dustin Martin and tell him to shadow him all night.

Bang! Brisbane by 4 goals.

So surely we all going for Geelong tonight (even though them getting smashed would be funny). But that then means the loser of our game only plays the winner of Saints Dogs (Lol) and then Geelong in the prelim. If Port win however our game Friday becomes a lot more important :(

Brisbane are so confident because we are a better side now than we were earlier this year and certainly a stronger team than we were in the 2019 QF.

2019 QF v Richmond - players who are not in Brisbane’s current Best 22
Hodge, Witherden, Christensen, Adams.

2020 Rd10 v Richmond - players who are not in Brisbane’s current Best 22
Skinner, Ballenden, Witherden, Ellis-Yolemen

2020 QF v Richmond - Trade ups on last year’s final
Starcevich, Lester, Ah-Chee, Birchall, (Payne, Coleman)

If you don’t follow Brisbane closely, you probably won’t appreciate how significantly better off we are in terms of players available this finals series compared to last. We are probably “break even” on Hodge out / Birchall in , but SIGNIFICANTLY stronger replacing Witherden, Christensen and Adams with Starcevich, Lester and Ah Chee, particularly as those three players are in outstanding form.

In Round 10 this year we had a number of key players out and played Ballenden (2 games), Skinner (3 games) Witherden and Ellis-Yolemen. None of these four players will be selected on Friday night. Key players who missed the Rd 10 game who will definitely be playing are Ryan Lester, Stefan Martin, Daniel Rich, Grant Birchall and Dan McStay, which represents a massive “trade up” on personnel.

We are a significantly stronger team coming into this final and I suspect that Richmond is going to get a rude awakening Friday night. Our players and their HUBRIS is going to bring them undone.

So in Summary from the round 10 game the lions have

Out In
Ballenden Ah Chee
Witherden Starcevich
Ellis-Yoleman Lester

So a net win but really just 3 role players coming in for 3 role players.

For Richmond the changes will be

Out In
Broad Astbury
Ross Prestia
Higgins Edwards
Egglomesse-Smith Houli
Soldo Nank
Stack Graham

These are all big wins with role players being replaced by top 10 players in our team, I think you should be able to see from this list who is bringing in the better players.

Loss for us though is
Out In
Lynch Rioli

I honestly still cant work out how we won round 10 given we had half a side, like most of the big games we've played this year we've gone into the game with key players missing or underdone, so I wasn't as confident as previous years, but we just seem to keep getting the job done.

Brisbane are going to have to play their best footy for 4 straight quarters and even then it might not be enough, If they are good enough then good luck to them, they will well and truly have deserved their win. I think we can win the flag through a SF anyway as having a run of games with players back who've missed most of the season will help us.

I'm not over confident but we've just seemed to dial up the pressure in big games this year and got the win, looking forward to tomorrow night should be a cracker.

Out In
Ballenden Ah Chee
Witherden Starcevich
Ellis-Yoleman Lester

Out In
Broad Astbury
Ross Prestia
Higgins Edwards
Egglomesse-Smith Houli
Soldo Nank
Stack Graham

These are all big wins with role players being replaced by top 10 players in our team, I think you should be able to see from this list who is bringing in the better players.

Loss for us though is
Out In
Lynch Rioli

I honestly still cant work out how we won round 10 given we had half a side, like most of the big games we've played this year we've gone into the game with key players missing or underdone, so I wasn't as confident as previous years, but we just seem to keep getting the job done.

Brisbane are going to have to play their best footy for 4 straight quarters and even then it might not be enough, If they are good enough then good luck to them, they will well and truly have deserved their win. I think we can win the flag through a SF anyway as having a run of games with players back who've missed most of the season will help us.

I'm not over confident but we've just seemed to dial up the pressure in big games this year and got the win, looking forward to tomorrow night should be a cracker.
A thoughtful counter analysis, but you missed Stefan Martin, who is a massive IN as a ruckman, but also because he frees McInerney up to go forward. The Big O in the forward line is going to be difficult for Richmond to counter. Time will tell.

A thoughtful counter analysis, but you missed Stefan Martin, who is a massive IN as a ruckman, but also because he frees McInerney up to go forward. The Big O in the forward line is going to be difficult for Richmond to counter. Time will tell.

I rate McInerney's presence in the ruck. Not so much as a forward.

I rate McInerney's presence in the ruck. Not so much as a forward.
Yep, his ruck and clearance work is great. We will be hoping he can bob up for 2 or 3 goals also. Simply having him in the “hotspot” contesting will help stretch Richmond’s defence that little bit further. It is going to be hard to match up on a mobile 204 cm (6ft 8in) player who is a strong mark and an accurate kick. Playing him one out in the goal square, while Cameron and Hipwood are leading gives us good options.

Out In
Ballenden Ah Chee
Witherden Starcevich
Ellis-Yoleman Lester

Out In
Broad Astbury
Ross Prestia
Higgins Edwards
Egglomesse-Smith Houli
Soldo Nank
Stack Graham

Loss for us though is
Out In
Lynch Rioli

Forgetting 3 role players from that game to now.
Out Answerth, Skinner, Ballenden
In: Birchall, Rich, McStay
Also Rayner played half a game, don't know how you did it? Turn it up, the excuse pile is getting bigger than dolly parton's tata's

Yep, his ruck and clearance work is great. We will be hoping he can bob up for 2 or 3 goals also. Simply having him in the “hotspot” contesting will help stretch Richmond’s defence that little bit further. It is going to be hard to match up on a mobile 204 cm (6ft 8in) player who is a strong mark and an accurate kick. Playing him one out in the goal square, while Cameron and Hipwood are leading gives us good options.

Big ask given his best is 2, and he's up against a frugal defence. Richmond averages 45.6 points against when Balta plays - the lowest for any defender in the competition.

I think Brisbane could maybe catch us out by going smaller up forward. Astbury's return has - not unbalanced us, exactly - but made us a tad slower down back.
Forgetting 3 role players from that game to now.
Out Answerth, Skinner, Ballenden
In: Birchall, Rich, McStay
Also Rayner played half a game, don't know how you did it? Turn it up, the excuse pile is getting bigger than dolly parton's tata's

Yes, Brisbane will be a different proposition this time around. I think the previous match is a lot less relevant as a formline than the two from late last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2020 Premiership Season Second Qualifying Final - Lions v Tigers Fri October 2nd 7:50pm AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Back