Autopsy AFL 2020 Premiership Season Second Qualifying Final - Lions v Tigers Fri October 2nd 7:50pm AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 50 23.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 69 32.7%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

mighty effort if we win tonight..Prestia first up in 15 weeks,Lynch not playing,Soldo our starting ruck unavailable
leaving us having to use Chol & Pickett whom are 2 fringe players,if Prestia,Chol & Pickett can have solid contributions we'll go
a long way to winning tonight,port got fantastic efforts from theyre fringe players last night,Geelong didnt,Brisbane will be up n about,Go Tigers

mighty effort if we win tonight..Prestia first up in 15 weeks,Lynch not playing,Soldo our starting ruck unavailable
leaving us having to use Chol & Pickett whom are 2 fringe players,if Prestia,Chol & Pickett can have solid contributions we'll go
a long way to winning tonight,port got fantastic efforts from theyre fringe players last night,Geelong didnt,Brisbane will be up n about,Go Tigers

Having 20 of your best 22 available isn’t that bad.

Lot of nervous Richmond posting going on
Nervous about tonight, less confident without Soldo and Lynch and their structure replacement is effectively just one player in Chol.

I also think nothing last forever and when people use the word "due", well the Lions are the most due team in the league against tonight's opposition and this presents their best chance.

Will be nervous all day but also can't wait. The benefit is we atleast have next week to play if things don't go well.

This game has gotta be higher scoring than Port Adelaide v Geelong. I think we are looking at an 80 - 53 type game...one side will run away with it...I just don't know which with both sides so evenly matched.

For those not in Brisbane
Max temperature of 29 C at 1pm
Game time around 22 C at start down to 20 C at finish
I don't expect humidity to be high.
So if commentators go on about the "slippery ball & dew" it will be more about players pressure.

Nervous about tonight, less confident without Soldo and Lynch and their structure replacement is effectively just one player in Chol.

I also think nothing last forever and when people use the word "due", well the Lions are the most due team in the league against tonight's opposition and this presents their best chance.

Will be nervous all day but also can't wait. The benefit is we atleast have next week to play if things don't go well.
Shoukd be a cracker, hope you lose!

Should Lions win or lose they play their next game at The Gabba
Richmond win or lose it is a different matter
Yes but if you lose you still need to go through port in Adelaide to make the grand final. We know we have to play finals away from home anyway however might be a bit of a shock for the lions if they need to go to Adelaide.

The mysteries that require unlocking to be the the victor of tonights game may be,
who wins the fringe battle ?
Will it come down to
Chol,Pickett,Aarts,Graham and Prestia(1st game in 15 weeks) v Starcevich,Robinson,Gardiner,Bailey & Coleman ?
And/or
Stefan Martin n McInerney's ability to exploit & take advantage of the shorter Nankervis and less experienced and less physical Chol in the ruck duels ?

The big question however is what is his win rate when the opposition averages 3 cm taller and 3 kg heavier?

If anyone can do it Ronny boy, you can!

Shhh, that's our secret! We were the shortest team in 2017 for the first time since the mid-1950's, and have been the shortest every year since. Mighty short people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last year the Lions had the excuse of being overachievers but this year, backed up top 4 again, at home and with Lynch out. No excuses Brisbane need to step up if they want to really contend.

I think the Tigers will be too experienced though and the tight close physical bonds they share will get them through.

Refreshing result last night with Geelong losing another final which has given me extra confidence for tonight’s game.
The more things change the more they remain the same.
Tigers by 24

Last year the Lions had the excuse of being overachievers but this year, backed up top 4 again, at home and with Lynch out. No excuses Brisbane need to step up if they want to really contend.

I think the Tigers will be too experienced though and the tight close physical bonds they share will get them through.
It depends who you're talking to. Apparently we have been given an arm chair ride. So this should be a really easy game for the tiges.

But I agree with you. Time for excuses is over. The boys will be pumped and ready.

How many excuses can you fabricate in a single sentence?

Richmond looks the obvious winner

For the Lions to win - like they have had good 1st qtrs before against Rich - re stats - inside 50s etc - they must convert their opportunities - .In my opinion for them to win - they have to play like front runners - get in front ( get the crowd involved ) and lead all the way

I cant see any team in the finals that plays Rich - coming from behind - giving up a deficit and beating Richmond - that is just not going to happen in my opinion

Good Post, Honestly I cant remember the last time we were in front at half time and lost. All our losses have a common theme, we really get jumped at the start and the other team just controls the game from there, if we lose, we usually lose comfortably.

If we are in the game at half time we almost always win, only exception I can think of is the Port game this year and I think there are extenuating circumstances for that game.

Did he end up making the All Australian team in the end like all the Richmond supporters thought he should?
Did Brayden Maynard ? Perhaps the selectors watched Toby Green pants him over and over...what five goals in a half or something ? The look on his face after each goal was gold. Was like wtf ? Lol

Having 20 of your best 22 available isn’t that bad.
Same with you blokes tomorrow night. 21/22 best on the park (no Yo) on your home deck, big home crowd, Elim final against a mob you did by 11 goals and who've been sleeping in a carpark in caravans up in Joondalup. Wouldn't want to drop that one like a Jack Darling special. No pressure. Lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2020 Premiership Season Second Qualifying Final - Lions v Tigers Fri October 2nd 7:50pm AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Back