Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 1 - Crows v Cats Sat March 20th 4:35pm AEDT (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

• Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

OK. Um........ what did you say? :tearsofjoy: :oops:
Adelaide might be visited by the ghosts of seasons past.

Not enough games or intense ‘first string’ drills by the kids might see Geelong run over them. Not this Crows team or coaches fault, but they may pay the price regardless.

Best win since 2017 preliminary final. But I am still not expecting us to make the 8 this year by a long way. Best game by Tex in a long time. Swans next week will be an interesting game but I think it will be a loss.

Have to give Geelong credit, even when we play like sh*t, we are still in nearly every game we play. Well played Adelaide; enjoy a great start to the season
This.

Very well played. The umpires treated you like they treat Richmond and you still only lost by a couple of goals. Amazing effort.

Can an Adelaide poster please give me a breakdown of this game. I don’t have time to read the thread.
Apparently umps won the game for the Crows according to some and the Crows were putrid for letting Geelong back in the game in the last quarter according to another.
Truth???
Crows deserved to win and held on despite many injuries in the game against a grand finalist.

Apparently umps won the game for the Crows according to some and the Crows were putrid for letting Geelong back in the game in the last quarter according to another.
Truth???
Crows deserved to win and held on despite many injuries in the game against a grand finalist.

Those bloody umps. Now, i hear Patrick Dangerfield went thug life yesterday and will be looking at a couple of weeks? Can you confirm?

Those bloody umps. Now, i hear Patrick Dangerfield went thug life yesterday and will be looking at a couple of weeks? Can you confirm?
He knocked Kelly out when he chose to bump instead of tackle. Kelly will miss next week maybe 2. That's usually 1-2 games. We'll see though as Danger is a protected species with the MRP.

He knocked Kelly out when he chose to bump instead of tackle. Kelly will miss next week maybe 2. That's usually 1-2 games. We'll se though as Danger is a protected species with the MRP.

Well, he got away with recklessly knocking out Nick Vlaustin in the GF now this incident. I’m thinking 2 weeks. And congrats on the win yesterday. I am watching the kayo mini right now. In the first quarter. You guys look good.

Truth???

Crows did deserve to win. And Crows were first to the ball so the free kick count favoured them. 10-1 in the last though - when we were first to the ball - was significant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young side, under maned. I think it speaks for itself. Great win by Crows, just accept it.
#RollsEyes

Youve missed the point because I’m a port fan

Was the result because Geelong didn’t come to play, Crows will be better than expected, bit of both or (and what I’m thinking) the cats are too old n slow

Crows spread from stoppage faster, moved the ball faster and had more options on the break speaks to me of work rate and leg speed

Cats can fix the first but not the second

Truth???
Fwiw I said your team generally was putrid which given the pre season results, mood among your own fans and external expectations of a bottom 2 finish was pretty fair

#RollsEyes

Youve missed the point because I’m a port fan

Was the result because Geelong didn’t come to play, Crows will be better than expected, bit of both or (and what I’m thinking) the cats are too old n slow

Crows spread from stoppage faster, moved the ball faster and had more options on the break speaks to me of work rate and leg speed

Cats can fix the first but not the second
Apperantly the cats brought some youth in the off-season , so should be ok at their velodrome, and missing Jezza

He knocked Kelly out when he chose to bump instead of tackle. Kelly will miss next week maybe 2. That's usually 1-2 games. We'll see though as Danger is a protected species with the MRP.
Danger won’t be looked at

Every year too much is made of Round 1. But for a very young side with two fit players on the bench the entire second half, it's a great foundation for the rest of the year. I don't think Geelong really came to play but on the other hand that was the most aggressive and well coached performance I've seen from an Adelaide side in years.

Dangerfield gets up and walks off. Takes another Geelong player to come over to stop the game and alert the medical staff.

Flogasaurus.
one ex crow does the damage
another ex crow checks on his mate

I actually gained some extra respect for Josh Jenkins in that situation.

Not sure Tex has ever looked fitter and it’s paying off.
About 2015-16 he was like this in rd 1. Kicked 7 goals or something vs North Melbourne.
But I also think this is the first year Tex has had an injury free pre-season since the 16-17 offseason.

May I just say how refreshing it is to hear Hudson calling this game instead of someone like BT. He makes an already exciting game even more exciting.
Best commentator today
and 2nd best I've witnessed (I loved Clinton Grybass)

Also love Sandy Roberts.
And peak Bruce McAvaney (havn't seen peak for years)

Best win in Adelaide's history.

Gutsy, full of character, wins like these build clubs.
Watch Rd 3 2008.
Very similar on the injury front.
But it was close all day.
Didn't hvae the lead to fall back on.

Watch Rd 3 2008.
Very similar on the injury front.
But it was close all day.
Didn't hvae the lead to fall back on.

No doubt there are 'better' wins, and more importsnt wins historically.

But 2018-2020 is the lowest Adelaide have been in their history, and for so long, being a propped up AFL favourite, theyve never bottomed out and regrouped.

That win yesterday, was their best win. It basically added to the clubs identity in my eyes. The players, coaches, all names and faces. What I saw was ruthlessness and intent. I saw desperation and ferocity. This Adelaide team was the ultimate underdog, you could see their players falling over their own feet thats how tired they got, but they persisted and never gave in.

Theyve gone from a pathetic club I've laughed at, to one that I've taken notice of. You could see it second half of last year and it's carried through to yesterday. Be exciter Adelaide fans, the path looks awesome.

I won't argue on how good of a win it was, but it was a bloody ****ing good win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 1 - Crows v Cats Sat March 20th 4:35pm AEDT (AO)

Back