Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 1 - Crows v Cats Sat March 20th 4:35pm AEDT (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

• Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Things the crows did yesterday that they didn't do for most of 2020 worked themselves to the point of exhaustion...
And tackled tackled and tackled..
Thing about the 2021 season I doubt the cats can fix... They will get exposed a lot this season not being able to run out hard quarters..to many Ageing and slow players
No wonder Scott, Selwood and Dangerfield had a big winge about the length of quarters this season, my tip is it's really going to cost them this year

Apparently umps won the game for the Crows according to some and the Crows were putrid for letting Geelong back in the game in the last quarter according to another.
Truth???
Crows deserved to win and held on despite many injuries in the game against a grand finalist.
Crows deserved to win. They played the better footy. It was a good effort.
Haven’t heard anyone say the umps won them the game. It clearly didn’t. (despite laughable free kick tally)

im glad a few get it...3 weeks...late, chose to bump, illegally flattens someone unprotected. dangerfield is a sniper.

Absolutely. The crows player had handballed and the footy was 10 metres away. Late decision, deliberate bump, left the ground, knocked out a player (2 in 2 games in a row) and then wanders off like nothing happened. It took another Cats player to alert the umpires to stop play. Needs a few weeks off to think about it and I reckon lose his board spot on the AFLPA also due to low integrity.

#RollsEyes

Youve missed the point because I’m a port fan

Was the result because Geelong didn’t come to play, Crows will be better than expected, bit of both or (and what I’m thinking) the cats are too old n slow

Crows spread from stoppage faster, moved the ball faster and had more options on the break speaks to me of work rate and leg speed

Cats can fix the first but not the second
Your point was clearly that Crows were putrid for letting Geelong score 11 goals in the 2nd half, ignoring the fact that they had done a great job in the 1st to put themselves in that position. Geelong made the GF last year and were always going to mount a challenge. Crows were good enough to stave it off with limited rotations and an inexperienced side.

Absolutely. The crows player had handballed and the footy was 10 metres away. Late decision, deliberate bump, left the ground, knocked out a player (2 in 2 games in a row) and then wanders off like nothing happened. It took another Cats player to alert the umpires to stop play. Needs a few weeks off to think about it and I reckon lose his board spot on the AFLPA also due to low integrity.
This is just patently wrong. Have a measured look at it and respond with something close to the truth if you expect to be relevant. I think he will get two weeks given that he chose to bump, but he virtually tried to cushion the blow in the end and the heads made the contact. Didn’t jump off the ground at all and was barely late (although I’ll accept the ball had been disposed of). This sort of posting is really frustrating because it just doesn’t reflect what happened. The rule is if you elect to bump, you are responsible to a large degree for the outcome, but there was no real malice here, nor was there any malice in the incident from the GF. That said, we need to continue to take measures to reduce the incidence of head contact. The Carlton player Zac Williams, hit late, high and left the ground - didn’t he get one week? The consequence of this was far greater but surely the intent seemed much less.

This is just patently wrong. Have a measured look at it and respond with something close to the truth if you expect to be relevant. I think he will get two weeks given that he chose to bump, but he virtually tried to cushion the blow in the end and the heads made the contact. Didn’t jump off the ground at all and was barely late (although I’ll accept the ball had been disposed of). This sort of posting is really frustrating because it just doesn’t reflect what happened. The rule is if you elect to bump, you are responsible to a large degree for the outcome, but there was no real malice here, nor was there any malice in the incident from the GF. That said, we need to continue to take measures to reduce the incidence of head contact. The Carlton player Zac Williams, hit late, high and left the ground - didn’t he get one week? The consequence of this was far greater but surely the intent seemed much less.

Lol that campaigner deserves what he gets. Loves himself and thinks he's untouchable. 4 weeks and deserves every one of them.

Your point was clearly that Crows were putrid for letting Geelong score 11 goals in the 2nd half, ignoring the fact that they had done a great job in the 1st to put themselves in that position. Geelong made the GF last year and were always going to mount a challenge. Crows were good enough to stave it off with limited rotations and an inexperienced side.

Stop talking sense. Port clowns hate it and can't reason with it.

No, they were just beaten by a team of kids who believe in themselves and didn't let them play like they planned for.
Adelaide can play well and Geelong can play poorly - this isn’t a Boolean data type scenario.

You personally didn’t contribute to the win, and your contribution to this thread is equally negligible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 1 - Crows v Cats Sat March 20th 4:35pm AEDT (AO)

Back