Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 17 - Cats v Hawks Sat July 6th 4:35pm AEST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 43.2%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hahaha, thats as good as your teams gonna play and as bad as the Hawks will. The fact that this has given Scats supporters belief that they can content puts a big smile on my face.
Nah, we aren't contenders. All that's happened is we've found a few things to be happier about, performance-wise. Each week brings its own emotions, it doesn't all have to be about "can we win a flag or not?". Hawthorn supporters over the past few years should know that more than anyone.

Mate there's no pill to swallow here. My expectations for such a young group were pretty low, however seeing how the young guys are gelling over the last 8 or so weeks has me excited but still realistic that there needs to be another preseason pumped into them. We'll rise as your falling and it will be glorious.
Your board as a whole was incredibly arrogant, you came out applied pressure and had a dip, you just fell well short against a better side.

We may fall a little we may rise with adding bailey smith potentially and the improvement of some of our gun kids who took your young kids to the sword.

After the flag in 22 im pretty content

2nd time we've taken the Hawks to the cleaners this year with our younger players far outperforming yours. You'd think that'd instill some humility, but guess not. All the best for the draft!
Hahahaha congratulations on the win. How ever since you keep talking about youth, would you like to put a bet on the next game we play (next year)? As i think Hawthorn's youth is better than Scats youth.

Anythink you like and ill give you a 20 point head start!

Hahaha, thats as good as your teams gonna play and as bad as the Hawks will. The fact that this has given Scats supporters belief that they can content puts a big smile on my face.

Yes, I'm sure you're delighted with your 13th spot on the ladder, with three top eight opponents and two away interstate trips awaiting over the next month.

It's funny how often Geelong seems to play their best and Hawthorn plays their worst when the two teams play. Three wins over the last two years by a combined 169 points. Just a coincidence, I guess.

In the pre-season, it would have been widely assumed that Geelong and Hawthorn would be around the same area on the ladder: Geelong expected to slide further, with Hawthorn on the rise. As it stands, Geelong's still a very strong chance for top four, while Hawthorn's chances of ending a five year run out of finals are now on lide support.

If we're good enough to feature in September, I'll enjoy whatever comes: even a first week knock-out was better than most expected from us this year. We've been thumped by the two flag favourites over the past month, no-one's expecting miracles.

Meanwhile the rebuilding Hawks with so many high picks they can burn them by having Wingard running around in the magoos, Ward in his 3rd year running around in the magoos, and DGB in his 4th year running around in the magoos.... And are being pushed by the top 10 talent deprived young cats as we speak.
We'll rise as your falling and it will be glorious.
We don't do falls. Our fall was last year... To 12th.

The umps call a halt to play, not the players, and they can only do it when there's an opportunity to- such as an OOB, a ball-up, or a free kick.

Interesting also that it was Tom Stewart who waved the trainers over to go to Lewis.

Meanwhile the rebuilding Hawks with so many high picks they can burn them by having Wingard running around in the magoos, Ward in his 3rd year running around in the magoos, and DGB in his 4th year running around in the magoos.... And are being pushed by the top 10 talent deprived young cats as we speak.

We don't do falls. Our fall was last year... To 12th.
Why are you talking about our depth players, playing in the VFL? Oh that's right I forgot the VFL rates pretty highly inside the Scats walls!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 17 - Cats v Hawks Sat July 6th 4:35pm AEST (GMHBA)

Back