Autopsy AFL 2023 First Qualifying Final - Pies v Demons Thurs Sept 7th 7:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 18 7.1%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 86 34.0%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 92 36.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 19 7.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The nervous excitement of both sets of supporters along with the whole 50/50 chance from neutrals makes this thread far too placid for my liking. When does the animosity start?

Ginnivan.LOL!!! The guy that's been the sub 3 times this year and dropped every 2nd week :) McStay who averages a whopping 8 possessions and 1 goal.
No - the McStay that humbled May in the finals last year.
And the in form Ginnivan, who has been poor all year.
Much like your Macdonald who is now in selection calculations.
Anything else?

We have nothing to fear from a Melb with all the same players and game plan.
Ok.
Just a heads up though, 2022 Melbourne isn't playing in the 2023 finals.

The nervous excitement of both sets of supporters along with the whole 50/50 chance from neutrals makes this thread far too placid for my liking. When does the animosity start?
I reckon it’s just too early. We’ve got to wait almost two weeks. Monday it’ll start heating up. Tuesday it’ll be pretty hot with posters gearing up. Warnings will be delivered. Wednesday - Thursday it’s on. Infractions, suspensions, days off.

For now it’ll just be tit for tat with nothing going anywhere, but early next week is when you put your fire protective suits on and wait for the inferno.

Last edited:
A further heads up - Melb are not Playing the Coll of 2022 either- the 2023 version is a far better team
Already beaten them and that was with Nick Daicos and a fit and firing Darcy Moorse thanks.

Already beaten them and that was with Nick Daicos and a fit and firing Darcy Moorse thanks.
Except Sidebottom, Howe, De Goey, Elliot, McStay were all missing.
And you only just snuck home - so by all means, comfort yourself that you are playing the same team as on KB, as deluded as that might be.

Anything else?

Except Sidebottom, Howe, De Goey, Elliot, McStay were all missing.
And you only just snuck home - so by all means, comfort yourself that you are playing the same team as on KB, as deluded as that might be.

Anything else?
Unfortunately you are correct.

I am not confident but I want to be. If we win this it’ll be the hardest game on the way to a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies have beaten the Dees 7 of the last 9 times. The two Dees wins were by 4 points this year (Elliott, De Goey and Sidebottom missing) and at the Gabba. Just can't see the Dees getting near the Pies.
Pies have been average the past month.

Dees have not.

Pies have one game plan- dees have more gears they can go to.

Dees will win.

Pies stopped Dees winning streak last year.
Freo and Sydney beat us before Collingwood did last year, but don't let facts get in the way of the total bullshit you've been posting.

Freo and Sydney beat us before Collingwood did last year, but don't let facts get in the way of the total bullshit you've been posting.
I stand corrected. But we just added to your eventual decline. You tried to arrest losing 3 on the trot but hit a brick wall.

But I see that I’ve definitely got you rattled again, with you having to resort to personal abuse.
Settle down - my rebuttals of your weak and flippant arguments is no reason for you to get stressed.

Bailey frisch in a moon boot this afternoon got a fracture in his ankles and pickett has got calf issues both are out of the QF next thursday.

Oliver and Gawn had routine scans today.

Both were sore after the sydney game.

Fritsch will be fine. In the moon boot for the week, training next week. Club fully expect him to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 First Qualifying Final - Pies v Demons Thurs Sept 7th 7:20pm EST (MCG)

Back