Autopsy AFL 2023 First Qualifying Final - Pies v Demons Thurs Sept 7th 7:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 18 7.1%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 86 34.0%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 92 36.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 19 7.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You have demonstrated beyond any doubt that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
Please stop posting for the benefit of everyone on bigfooty.
A predictable attempt at silencing a poster who’s clear and concise rebuttals of your flippant and unsophisticated posts is causing you embarrassment.

Sorry sunshine I’m not going anywhere.

Watched pies the past month - unimpressive month.
If we are going to look at recency bias, then...
I watched Pies last week - They were scary good and put the game away early.
I watched the Blues last week - They were very poor and when the heat was applied by Giants, Carlton turned to water.

Is this how we do it?

If we are going to look at recency bias, then...
I watched Pies last week - They were scary good and put the game away early.
I watched the Blues last week - They were very poor and when the heat was applied by Giants, Carlton turned to water.

Is this how we do it?
Pies had one good qtr against the worst form team in the comp.

Blues put the cue in the rack after half time.

Neither game gives any insight into who will win this game - let alone who won a game last year.

Tell what game plan The Wobblers have if game plan A doesn’t work?

Neither game gives any insight into who will win this game - let alone who won a game last year.

I’ll point to you to ladder position to answer that unsophisticated question.

I’ll point to you to ladder position to answer that unsophisticated question.
Sidestep - nice 👍

In that lies the truth.

There is no plan B for The Wobblers.

Melbourne have a very defensive mode that Wobblewood don’t have - they’ve also shown they can run & gun.

They can pivot in games, Wobblewood can’t.

Dees will control this game in my unsophisticated option - whatever that means :).

This is essentially an elimination final.

Loser probably plays Carlton and if they get over Carlton (big if) it's off to the "Gabba most likely.

Sidestep - nice 👍

In that lies the truth.

There is no plan B for The Wobblers.

Melbourne have a very defensive mode that Wobblewood don’t have - they’ve also shown they can run & gun.

They can pivot in games, Wobblewood can’t.

Dees will control this game in my unsophisticated option - whatever that means :).
Sidestep -LOL.

Unsophisticated is right - I think you are about to get hammered from all sides with this post.
I’ll just add the simple observation we were the number 1 defense in the competition and can easily revert to that style.

Melb have definitely got no plan B when they lose contest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sidestep -LOL.

Unsophisticated is right - I think you are about to get hammered from all sides with this post.
I’ll just add the simple observation we were the number 1 defense in the competition and can easily revert to that style.

Melb have definitely got no plan B when they lose contest.
We will see very soon.

The pies have dined out on “winning” the minor premiership.

There’s a reason why The Wobblers aren’t premiership favourites any more.

What do you think that is ?

Can the Blues beat the dees and why so?

From accounts the QF thursday is tipped to be the biggest night final ever.

Tipped to be around 98k by some experts and could even nudge that 100k mark.

Only thing is its a night game and on a Thursday if its was Fridany night then most definitely 99k or 100k but work the next day means more like 97k.

Weathers fine and clear too warm as well.

I think 98k would be great.

I can not re call the last time i was at a night game with around 97k there.

Can the Blues beat the dees and why so?
We “just” did - it was an incredibly defensive game - neither team were able to get their rebound game past each others defence.

Melbourne played the long game against us - I think their back half is the best at it.

Can’t see Collingwood getting through , or being able to counter their rebound.

We will see very soon.

The pies have dined out on “winning” the minor premiership.

There’s a reason why The Wobblers aren’t premiership favourites any more.

What do you think that is ?
Same fools as those writing off Swans and GWS and talking up Ess during the year.
They have NFI.
As a Carlton supporter I would thought you’d have a keen appreciation of the fickleness of the pundits.

We “just” did - it was an incredibly defensive game - neither team were able to get their rebound game past each others defence.

Melbourne played the long game against us - I think their back half is the best at it.

Can’t see Collingwood getting through , or being able to counter their rebound.
You’ve proven my point - match Melb at contest and they are sunk.

They have no plan B.

We’ve beaten them both matching and losing contest - so we have no fears.

Same fools as those writing off Swans and GWS and talking up Ess during the year.
They have NFI.
As a Carlton supporter I would thought you’d have a keen appreciation of the fickleness of the pundits.
Indeed - what you must be able to see is form. What are you doing well & what’s dropped off.

Cwood’s form has clearly dropped off the past 6 weeks.

It’s shown a massive drop in defensive play - your last game against witches hats aside.

Melbourne’s trajectory is the opposite - squeezed the life out of Sydney on their own turf.

Their defence will be your undoing, if you turn it over like you have been - they will kill you on the rebound.

Indeed - what you must be able to see is form. What are you doing well & what’s dropped off.

Cwood’s form has clearly dropped off the past 6 weeks.

It’s shown a massive drop in defensive play - your last game against witches hats aside.

Melbourne’s trajectory is the opposite - squeezed the life out of Sydney on their own turf.

Their defence will be your undoing, if you turn it over like you have been - they will kill you on the rebound.
As Cam Mooney said - when you’re a few games clear on top the urgency drops off. It’s a very simple and logical explanation.
We are a much faster side so they won’t “kill us on the rebound” , they on the other hand are going to find it very difficult to contain our run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 First Qualifying Final - Pies v Demons Thurs Sept 7th 7:20pm EST (MCG)

Back