Autopsy AFL 2023 Grand Final - Pies vs Lions Sat Sept 30th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 29 5.9%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 20 4.1%
  • Pies by 7-20

Votes: 116 23.6%
  • Lions by 7-20

Votes: 216 43.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 47 9.6%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 53 10.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest ever comeback in a grand final at 3/4 is 24 points in 1984. They’d want to be a bit closer I’d reckon.
Maybe, but it's all mental. They'll both be knackered at that stage with the heat, in this scenario.
The crowd starts "Coooollingwoood, Coooollingwoood", get a quick goal or two, and tired Lions could try and save it, which won't end well if 20 points up with 15 minutes to go...

Your captain won a Brownlow after committing murder. Get back in your blue box.
View attachment 1818446

No one is saying history should be changed. But everyone knows how tainted this premiership was. The fact that you’re here arguing shows how insecure you are. Deep down you know this is undeserved.

Nice that you have a photo of King Patrick on hand though.

Go and enjoy your night flog.

Collingwood were the better team today. Similar to Melbourne in Week 1 of the finals. Arguably the Giants last week.

More scoring opportunities wasted be it behinds or poor F50 play. On this occasion though, it didn't lose them the game.

Brisbane also had many more players who had below-par games (and brain f*rts).

Eric Hipwood had such a shocker, that I thought he would be subbed out and the forward line re-jigged.

Seriously over-rated IMO.

Yes, some questionable umpiring, but a conspiracy? Too many people people involved in a game for it not to leak out.

Incompetence at many levels of the AFL? You betcha.

Umpires had an influence but you are kidding if you think the Pies aren’t deserving. Best side all year, found a way to win.

I’m just upset that we didn’t get to see what happened when Neale got that free.

However, Berry giving away the most blatant and careless 50 is what put the game beyond doubt.

Enjoy the win.
You mean the careless 60?

Jesus you're a giant flog.

I'm not Jesus but if he was still around even he would have thought that Brisbane got crucified today.

At least the Pies won a proper GF this time even if it was due to having another big home ground advantage and a good run with the umpires

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you watch the game? No one from Collingwood had any impact outside of Hill and maybe Crisp. Brisbane we’re by far the better team but just weren’t clean enough at crucial moments going forward

ahahahaha truly clueless

De Goey deadly - 2 goals

Titch brickwall - 13 tackles

Crisp, Pendlebury, Daicos, Sidebottom contribute - All with 20+ touches and goals

Hill unstopable - A shot on goal every 3 touches

No McStay, No Adams - Both would have been in and made us far stronger.

No Murphy after Q1

Collingwood led at every single siren

Q1 - 10 points
Q2 - 6 points
Q3 - 4 points
Q4 - 4 points

Truly blinded by emotion.

I dare say you need to drink a lot of water to dilute the dangerous levels of salt in your system.

Champ you’re on Bigfooty trying to defend yourself after your side won a flag. I was nearly blacked out this time in 2018 lmao
Cool story. It's almost like people live in different countries with different timezones.

But, by all means, please keep going with your tantrum.

People talking about the missed called late in the game, that didn’t amount to anything but I find the Cox non call that went to a direct goal was just as dubious if not more because of how open the play was.

Don’t know for certain the rule because there’s so many grey areas in footy but I did think Bailey was way too close in the protected area. Common sense ain’t so common but to me both should be brought back and reset.

The bloke kicking it over his head while being tackled?
Potentially. I know it was deemed advantage as the Brisbane player opted to dispose of the ball after a free kick was paid. Doesn’t really matter what situation they were in really, don’t dispose of the ball if you hear a whistle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 Grand Final - Pies vs Lions Sat Sept 30th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Back