Autopsy AFL 2023 Grand Final - Pies vs Lions Sat Sept 30th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 29 5.9%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 20 4.1%
  • Pies by 7-20

Votes: 116 23.6%
  • Lions by 7-20

Votes: 216 43.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 47 9.6%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 53 10.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest ever comeback in a grand final at 3/4 is 24 points in 1984. They’d want to be a bit closer I’d reckon.
Maybe, but it's all mental. They'll both be knackered at that stage with the heat, in this scenario.
The crowd starts "Coooollingwoood, Coooollingwoood", get a quick goal or two, and tired Lions could try and save it, which won't end well if 20 points up with 15 minutes to go...

You are generous the first goal of the game was from an absolute flop

That’s what I’m implying . Daicos was treated different to every other player . Other than that it wasn’t to bad .

If only Toby Greene was given the same protection last week.

GWS are the Piers Morgan moral premiers IMHO

Potentially. I know it was deemed advantage as the Brisbane player opted to dispose of the ball after a free kick was paid. Doesn’t really matter what situation they were in really, don’t dispose of the ball if you hear a whistle.
They did it earlier in the game aswell , Brisbane played on and were out the other side of the ground and the ump called it all the way back .

Genuinely deserved flag for the Pies, despite the late advantage call.

I will say though, that Billy Frampton is a brave man for celebrating that medal being placed around his neck.
Considering the way every player is involved in modern footy from a rotational perspective, that has to be THE single worst performance from an individual resulting in a Premiership medal. Hopefully he does the right thing and gives it to John Noble on Mad Monday.

I'm not Jesus but if he was still around even he would have thought that Brisbane got crucified today.

At least the Pies won a proper GF this time even if it was due to having another big home ground advantage and a good run with the umpires
I'm surprised you haven't mentioned Brisbane getting crucified by the sun. If it wasn't for the sun Starcevich may have been able to spoil the speccy taken by Hill. That goal, caused by the corrupt sun was the difference in the end.

Anyway, I am off to celebrate my teams sixteenth premiership, enjoy your night blaming and sooking about the umps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Champ you’re on Bigfooty trying to defend yourself after your side won a flag. I was nearly blacked out this time in 2018 lmao
Hey everybody come check out how cool Coasters7 is - he gets drunk!! From alcohol!! Everyone check out how cool he is!!

Regards

S. Pete

BNE had 43, I50’s their 2nd lowest for the year AND since RD1 when they were smashed by PA.
Anything else sport?

The fact they kicked 13.8 is a RARE indictment on Collingwood's generally wonderful defensive unit, considering that I50 count.

Would have been some seriously restless nights for Darcy Moore had the Pies lost.

I will say though, that Billy Frampton is a brave man for celebrating that medal being placed around his neck.
Considering the way every player is involved in modern footy from a rotational perspective, that has to be THE single worst performance from an individual resulting in a Premiership medal. Hopefully he does the right thing and gives it to John Noble on Mad Monday.

Cam Rayner was pretty sh*t with 11 touches considering he is pumped up by the Brisbane faithful.

Frampton wasn't even suppose to be playing and was brought in at the last second to replace McStay.

Two SC points

Lol. I just watched the last 2 minutes back. I don’t think the commentary team saying “ridiculous. That is ridiculous.” does a lot for those arguing that Collingwood weren’t gifted this game.

You actually care what the commentary team says? Nice story bro.

I'm not Jesus but if he was still around even he would have thought that Brisbane got crucified today.

At least the Pies won a proper GF this time even if it was due to having another big home ground advantage and a good run with the umpires

2010 was a proper GF.

Cam Rayner was pretty sh*t with 11 touches considering he is pumped up by the Brisbane faithful.

Frampton wasn't even suppose to be playing and was brought in at the last second to replace McStay.

What does this mean?

Rayner is a best 22 player who just didn't have his best day.

Frampton was only selected because he's tall. Quite literally no other reason. Wasn't selected because of ability or a hunch he'd perform. It's the most hollow premiership medal in league history aside from James Jordan who didn't take the field.

Even Cam Mooney gets a pass for his 5 minutes of statless fame in 1999, because he was never given another opportunity to impact the contest.

Hey everybody come check out how cool Coasters7 is - he gets drunk!! From alcohol!! Everyone check out how cool he is!!

Regards

S. Pete
Gets drunk you say? What an absolute mad lad! Might actually be the coolest person ever

They did it earlier in the game aswell , Brisbane played on and were out the other side of the ground and the ump called it all the way back .
Which is why they need a more concrete way of adjudicating the rule. To say it’s robbery is wrong though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 Grand Final - Pies vs Lions Sat Sept 30th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Back