Autopsy AFL 2023 Second Elimination Final - Saints v GWS Sat Sept 9th 3:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 56 42.1%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t think the club, or Giants fans really, underrate the Saints.
We lost last time we played and could be without two guns in Taylor and Bedford.

Seems to be oppo fans not involved talking floggings etc.
Was more speaking to uninvolved parties than giants supporters. Everyone I speak to aren’t very confident about the game from the giants side.

Only 2 AFL Reserve options left, the others are exhausted, from all reports MCC and Club Member sales have been fantastic, most of the GA on levels 1,2 are gone

Wouldn’t rule it out, take into account the other 3 games are sold out, Saturday arvo a few neutrals might want to get a look at some finals footy
What are you on about, the only two options for the AFL is level 1 open and level 4 front and they are only at Q19 for level 4 front.. That means that the back 66% of level 4 across 13 bays are yet to go on sale and for 8 of them there have been zero tickets sold. They havent opened level 4 on the Northern stand for sales yet and are at about row D in Q1-Q7 and Q30-Q36, crowd will be around 55K but dont say sales have been fantastic.

What are you on about, the only two options for the AFL is level 1 open and level 4 front and they are only at Q19 for level 4 front.. That means that the back 66% of level 4 across 13 bays are yet to go on sale and for 8 of them there have been zero tickets sold. They havent opened level 4 on the Northern stand for sales yet and are at about row D in Q1-Q7 and Q30-Q36, crowd will be around 55K but dont say sales have been fantastic.
Level 4 Back and middle of AFL are exhausted as is level 1 undercover, level 2 & 2a, as are a number of public reserve options as well as some bays being single seats only?

Don’t they release all tickets in finals then a few days out what’s left they open up to the public? That’s what I thought happened anyway

Also someone I know who has direct contact with someone who works at the MCG and knows crowd estimates said the crowd estimate on Monday was 65,000 and that now with the other 2 games sold out that could go up, so don’t say “what are you on about” when you clearly don’t know yourself bud.

Level 4 Back and middle of AFL are exhausted as is level 1 undercover, level 2 & 2a, as are a number of public reserve options as well as some bays being single seats only?

Don’t they release all tickets in finals then a few days out what’s left they open up to the public? That’s what I thought happened anyway

GA tickets went on sale 5 hours after they were available to club members.

When I look on Ticketek there aren't many left but it wouldn't surprise me if more get released over the coming days.

It's looking like it'll be a cracking crowd though considering the teams involved, which is great.

GA tickets went on sale 5 hours after they were available to club members.

When I look on Ticketek there aren't many left but it wouldn't surprise me if more get released over the coming days.

It's looking like it'll be a cracking crowd though considering the teams involved, which is great.
Correct no idea what this other bloke is on about, just another one to add to the list of people praying the game is a flop

The afl reserve puts tickets on sale in a very specific order, level 4 middle does not open until level 4 front is about to sell out and the same applies for level 4 back. Do you actually think level 4 back would be sold out before level 1 sells out.

Also someone I know who has direct contact with someone who works at the MCG and knows crowd estimates said the crowd estimate on Monday was 65,000 and that now with the other 2 games sold out that could go up, so don’t say “what are you on about” when you clearly don’t know yourself bud.
Go and look in the crowds and ticketing threads, you’ll find that we who post there regularly know how the ticketing system works.

The afl reserve puts tickets on sale in a very specific order, level 4 middle does not open until level 4 front is about to sell out and the same applies for level 4 back. Do you actually think level 4 back would be sold out before level 1 sells out.

Yes I do? Just like level 1 undercover (the back of level 1) sells out prior to level 1 open lol, plenty of people prefer to sit up higher at the G because they can see the whole ground, I also believe that an estimation from someone who works at the MCG is probably more valid than a bloke on Bigfooty telling me how it is
If category’s are exhausted it means they are sold out, you can’t dispute that. If you’re right I’ll happily come back here on Sunday and tell you that you were but I think you’re off here.

Yes I do? Just like level 1 undercover (the back of level 1) sells out prior to level 1 open lol, plenty of people prefer to sit up higher at the G because they can see the whole ground, I also believe that an estimation from someone who works at the MCG is probably more valid than a bloke on Bigfooty telling me how it is
If category’s are exhausted it means they are sold out, you can’t dispute that. If you’re right I’ll happily come back here on Sunday and tell you that you were but I think you’re off here.
Mate I study Ticketek sales for football games and you are wrong. I’ll hit you up on Saturday after you see the top of the afl reserve being empty. and before then I’ll send you a picture of Ticketek if level 4 middle makes it on sale.

I thought Giants held it together well last week amidst the ferocious and intimidating atmosphere. Though let's face it, Blues motivation was bound to flounder in what was a dead rubber for them. Still Giants will take some steel from that game, and they will need it against a defensive unit finding form at the right time. Actually, I think Saints form is going well under the radar. RTB haters have been their usual vocal and histrionic selves, claiming he and his method are the Devil's work. Hey, I have a fair bit of sympathy for the devil, he's a fun guy. Who would you wanna hang with anyway? Him, or that killjoy Jehova? Gimme a jagermeister any day over dull tap water.

Two defensive minded teams with pretty good forward lines, it'll be fun while it lasts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How are we looking mate? Any pictures of Ticketek to show?
I'm really curious to see how this crowd turns out. It's not every day you see so many neutral fans going to a Saints game. TicketTek is showing there aren't many tickets left, even though some of the seats aren't even up for sale yet, and we're still a week away from the game.

Level 4 Front in the AFL is up to bay Q20/Q21. Still have to sell out all of level 4 Front before Middle and Back goes on sale, doesn't matter what the other bloke says he is wrong.
So in your expert ticket studying opinion… what’s your crowd projection? Given Sam Edmund reported on SEN already 55-60k tickets had been sold as of Friday at 9am

Lowest finals crowd at the MCG
11,728 attended a semi-final between Carlton and Richmond at the MCG.

Second highest 1971 VFL Grand Final, St Kilda v Hawthorn 118,192
Wars are tough. Why would you quote the second highest? 😂 highest not quite so convenient.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 Second Elimination Final - Saints v GWS Sat Sept 9th 3:20pm EST (MCG)

Back