Autopsy AFL 2023 Second Elimination Final - Saints v GWS Sat Sept 9th 3:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 56 42.1%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Giants by less than a goal.

Gigantic, gigantic, gigantic.
A big big love!

Surely crowd will be 40k max?

St Kilda and GWS last met in round 10 at Giants Stadium. Saints won by 12 points.

Giants are in really good form, since the halfway point of the season they have only lost to Port and Sydney.
It's only GWS's 2nd game at the MCG in 2023, and they haven't won there since 2021. Their last game at the G was a 10 goal loss to the Pies in rd 9.
Since the 2019 Grand Final GWS have played at the MCG 7 times for 2 wins and 5 losses. They lost all 3 of their matches there in 2022.

Since losing to Gold Coast in rd 18 the Saints have been mostly steady if not somewhat unremarkable, with losses only to Carlton and Brisbane at the Gabba, which they pushed till the 4th quarter with a home final up for grabs for both sides.
This will be the Saints 3rd game at the G in 2023, they split the other 2 beating Essendon and losing to Richmond.

Tough one to tip. Going for the Saints by 8 in a close one.

Would have rathered Marvel because the crowd would be more of a factor but game style wise the G suits us.
I think playing it at Marvel would have better suited the Giants. They are the best 2 way running side in the comp and have speed. The fast deck would have benefited them. We saw how it played out on Sunday.

Whereas at the G and exposed to the elements, particularly if it rains, reduces the Giants advantage.

I think playing it at Marvel would have better suited the Giants. They are the best 2 way running side in the comp and have speed. The fast deck would have benefited them. We saw how it played out on Sunday.

Whereas at the G and exposed to the elements, particularly if it rains, reduces the Giants advantage.

I would say we are the best overall running team. Not sure about the fastest though

We have covered more Kms and done more sprints and repeat sprints than any team this year.

The 310 km we did in round 3 vs. Essendon was the second-highest total distance covered of all time.

A wet deck would probably disadvantage both teams but giving us space to run I think is a positive.

Should be at Marvel, although I think Marvel would suit GWS more than the MCG ironically.

Saints should be quietly happy it's at the MCG outside of low crowd reasons, where the bigger ground will suit their kicking style.

I'd tip the Saints by 15 in a good match.

When was GWS's last finals appearance?
Adopting the Giants as my finals team, I like the Kingsley connection and impressed with how they've gone about it this year.

I think they're good enough to beat the Saints, would be a lot more confident in Sydney but they've missed that home final by a goal or two.

Giants by 5, I trust their big name players in finals more than the Saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely crowd will be 40k max?

St Kilda and GWS last met in round 10 at Giants Stadium. Saints won by 12 points.

Giants are in really good form, since the halfway point of the season they have only lost to Port and Sydney.
It's only GWS's 2nd game at the MCG in 2023, and they haven't won there since 2021. Their last game at the G was a 10 goal loss to the Pies in rd 9.
Since the 2019 Grand Final GWS have played at the MCG 7 times for 2 wins and 5 losses. They lost all 3 of their matches there in 2022.

Since losing to Gold Coast in rd 18 the Saints have been mostly steady if not somewhat unremarkable, with losses only to Carlton and Brisbane at the Gabba, which they pushed till the 4th quarter with a home final up for grabs for both sides.
This will be the Saints 3rd game at the G in 2023, they split the other 2 beating Essendon and losing to Richmond.

Tough one to tip. Going for the Saints by 8 in a close one.
You sure you're in the right place? Your logic is a refreshing change to oppo supporters spouting delirious opinions and then when questioned go with the old chestnut of 1 premiership in 150 years.
I'm actually flabbergasted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 Second Elimination Final - Saints v GWS Sat Sept 9th 3:20pm EST (MCG)

Back