Autopsy AFL 2023 Second Elimination Final - Saints v GWS Sat Sept 9th 3:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 56 42.1%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So does the bloke from the MCC as of a couple hours ago… usually pretty spot on

Initially I thought no way, but to get that crowd number for an elimination final between a Vic team and Sydney team at the G is good for footy. Hope both teams bring their A game and make it a spectacle to watch

Big out for GWS with Dougal Howard not getting selected, that's at least five less set shots from turnovers on Saturday.

Took them 10 days but finally got the right result that everyone could see was wrong to start with.

With Bedford and assuming Taylor in, that's probably the best possible team the Giants have fielded all year. I think they'll get over the line.
Glad Bedford got off to be honest and I’m glad Taylor and Finn will likely play, I want zero ****ing excuses for people if we win, also big risk playing Taylor less than 2 weeks off a hammy and Finn coming in off a month off, straight into a final

Both teams look full strength, bring it on.

Giants for me too, watched the Saints up close V Lions and they are ordinary. From a Lions point of view would prefer a Saints win as if we lose the QF they are much less scary opponent
Yep we did play ordinary. And still only lost by 2 goals to Brisbane.
Doesn’t say much about the lions tbh.

Also someone I know who has direct contact with someone who works at the MCG and knows crowd estimates said the crowd estimate on Monday was 65,000 and that now with the other 2 games sold out that could go up, so don’t say “what are you on about” when you clearly don’t know yourself bud.
“Clearly don’t know yourself”

General admission areas in the afl reserve for Saturday.
Q15-Q27 rows K-DD aka all of level 4 middle and back which never went on sale.

I’ll take my apology thanks and don’t argue about mcg ticketing when your mob plays two games a year there.

Attachments

• 97A64847-044B-48E0-BA9A-1E245AE71294.png
    97A64847-044B-48E0-BA9A-1E245AE71294.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 49

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who does the wet benefit?
St Kilda have some tough players in there but it could affect their kick mark game.
Tom Green, Callaghan and Briggs will make the Giants big in the contest but a lot of talls forward. Probably helps giants run and handball pressure game a little, but probably not enough to change the way the game goes.

I’ll take my apology thanks and don’t argue about mcg ticketing when your mob plays two games a year there.
Im struggling to undertsand your point though? They are expecting 70k mate, so the bloke was right saying 65k+?

Your apology for what? You came strolling in last week yapping about how you study Ticketek and you expect 50,000 to be the crowd lol you’re about 15-20k off what’s predicted? So what am I apologising for again? Because there’s walk ups? Hahaha I never said it was going to be a sell out.

Your mob pulled 61k their Vs the Lions last year mate, can’t all have the Pies fill the joint out for us
How embarrassing for you if the saints pull more at the G than your precious demons at their home deck.

Also please stop telling me what I can and can’t do, I’ll do and say whatever the **** I want so long as it isn’t offending people lol.

L
Your mob pulled 61k their Vs the Lions last year mate, can’t all have the Pies fill the joint out for us
How embarrassing for you if the saints pull more at the G than your precious demons at their home deck.

Also please stop telling me what I can and can’t do, I’ll do and say whatever the * I want so long as it isn’t offending people lol.
Lol what does that have anything to do with the afl reserve? Feels like you’re being very precious about being wrong.

Lol what does that have anything to do with the afl reserve? Feels like you’re being very precious about being wrong.
Your apology for what? You came strolling in last week yapping about how you study Ticketek and you expect 50,000 to be the crowd lol you’re about 15-20k off what’s predicted? So what am I apologising for again? Because there’s walk ups? Hahaha I never said it was going to be a sell out.
You repeatedly claimed that level 4 middle and level 4 back was already exhausted and kept on telling me I was wrong for saying they hadn’t gone on sale, reckon I said there would be 55-60k at the g which will be about 5k unders. Not sure where you come up with 20k off unless you actually thing there will be 80,000 people there. I had no problem with your crowd estimate, just your expectation about afl members ticketing.

Love how all these non St Kilda supporters are desperate for GWS to knock St Kilda off

Pretty clear that it would be truly unbearable for some if the Saints win
Giants under rate Saints at their peril. Don't think the club will, they are too grounded these days, but other folk seem blind to Saints uptick recently.

I'm quietly optimistic our defence can hold up, and the forward line is good even looking beyond Toby. Bedford playing is just plain common sense, MRP ideology sometimes contorts their logic, they can look like incompetents.

But Saints have learnt a lot during the year, and their all ground defence is back, and forward line is quite dynamic and unpredictable. Imaging they kick straight, geewizz, that'll be a problem.

In my opinion the Saints boast the most effective player in the comp, Mr Sinclair. His disposals and decision making are top shelf. He is calm cool, I think made for finals. I even like his hair. Giants need to blunt his influence, and of course, Big Max, to have a good shot.

Quietly optimistic, a tad anxious!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 Second Elimination Final - Saints v GWS Sat Sept 9th 3:20pm EST (MCG)

Back