Autopsy AFL 2024 First Semi Final - GWS V Lions Sat Sept 14th 7:30pm EST (Engie) Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 41 35.7%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the giants are deserved slight faves. Such a good finals brand being the main one.
But not sure what the better spread of goal kickers is based on?

Giants: hogan 72, greene 41, cadman 29, riccardi 26 (out of the side), daniels 23

Lions: daniher 52, cameron 39, hipwood 30, lohman 29, rayner 28, morris 20 (from 16 games)

I’d say we have a slightly better spread, and it’s much more about whether we can stop Hogan, and whether Greene rediscovers some form vs Starcevich
In the last Giants v Lions match, the Giants won with 8 different goal kickers. Lions had 6 goal kickers.

In the previous match where the Giants also won, they had 10 goal kickers to the Lions 6.

Geez Payne playing is a gamble I reckon.
He was wearing an incredibly complex and large contraption on his left leg today, or yesterday, geewizz, prob looked worse than it really is given the docs say he should be okay.

In the last Giants v Lions match, the Giants won with 8 different goal kickers. Lions had 6 goal kickers.

In the previous match where the Giants also won, they had 10 goal kickers to the Lions 6.
They kicked 9 more goals the first time then 5 the second. Stands to reason to have a better spread!

The giants don’t have a better spread as a team though over the season.

The pundits who should know say this is a battle of Kaos vs Control.
get-smart-siegfried2.jpg
I love Max, but hope Siegfried can pull this one off.

Definitely resting up Stevic for the GF. First time he's missed a round of finals since 2013.

How on earth did Broadbent get another gig?

I think the shocking part is that Stevic is 3 games from the 500 mark. I thought they would want his 500th to be the Grand Final, lol.

Broadbent is decent when you compare him to some of the other options. Cannot really complain that much about him lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to tip this one. Wouldn’t be surprised with a win for either. Probably leaning slightly towards GWS at home.
Hopefully a close one for the neutrals.

Wonder who Geelong would prefer to play in a prelim?
Probably Brisbane, since they beat them at The Gabba, whereas GWS defeated Geelong at Kardinia Park, this year.

Probably Brisbane, since they beat them at The Gabba, whereas GWS defeated Geelong at Kardinia Park, this year.

Makes sense. Reckon either of them with give Geelong a shake. Can see any of the 3 making the GF. Got a feeling the winner will come from this side of the draw.

I don't think the Giants are going as well as people think. despite they probably should have beat the Swans last week.

Brisbane a big chance here.

Think GWS will be burning from last weeks game and come out firing.

GWS by 23
Hoping so.
Though, in a close last 3 minutes will they fail again? 2023 finals they also couldn't get over the line. A trend is forming. Hope they break it today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 First Semi Final - GWS V Lions Sat Sept 14th 7:30pm EST (Engie) Teams in OP

Back