Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 17 - GWS v Blues Sat July 6th 7:30pm AEST (Engie)

Who will win and by how much?

• GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Blues by a goal or less

• GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 44.0%
  • GWS by a lot

• Blues by a lot

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cripps front running squib ways don't work against high pressure defensive sides, that's why Merrett will be AA captain has the ability to lift and carry the team.
Where was your fancied AA captain when the game was on the line against us?

Um no. Toby kicked a guy in the face

Had nothing to do with the result but even Hogan's saying it was a free. I thought they changed the rule so you couldn't deliberately put ur studs into someone regardless of it being in the marking contest. Wonder if the MRO will have a look at an incident like this (Mind you I would not want him getting banned for the act, just thought they outlawed it)

That’s the vulnerability of Carlton’s team. Match Cripps and Walsh, and curb Curnow. Pretty much on the way.
Don’t forget kicking straight.

Carlton have won 7 games over this 12 month form run where they’ve had less scoring shots. Believe it’s a VFL/AFL record, I’m sure there’s a stats person to confirm. Of course there’s defensive pressure and difficulty of shots, but still, 7!

🤣 Yeah fair, bit of a heat of the moment stuff.

At least he was honest. Most players wouldn’t and don’t care but wouldn’t say it.
Yeah this is where we diverge. He’s always being excused under the heat-of-the-moment escape clause.

Hence my other comment on why do we even look up to ultra-competitive sportspeople.

And just to lay it on the table, I’m totally behind the Giants. Was delighted with your win yesterday and if we don’t make the granny and you do I will be 100% barracking for you and very happy if you win a flag (Giants/Lions GF would fill me with ambivalence I must admit!)

Just think your captain is a really bad choice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah this is where we diverge. He’s always being excused under the heat-of-the-moment escape clause.
And he is the only one who social/professional media go after. Hardly “excused”.
Hence my other comment on why do we even look up to ultra-competitive sportspeople.
It’s Australia and it’s sport.
And just to lay it on the table, I’m totally behind the Giants. Was delighted with your win yesterday and if we don’t make the granny and you do I will be 100% barracking for you and very happy if you win a flag (Giants/Lions GF would fill me with ambivalence I must admit!)
All for a non Vic gf.
Just think your captain is a really bad choice.
Completely disagree there.

And he is the only one who social/professional media go after. Hardly “excused”.
I don’t know how we quantify that, but if true, he deserves it. No other current player with that number of (apparently) heat-of-the-moment aberrations is a captain.

It’s Australia and it’s sport.
This amazing country could be so much better than that.

I’ve said my piece. Congratulations on a great win yesterday and all the best for September.

No other current player with that number of (apparently) heat-of-the-moment aberrations is a captain.
Most other players who do this don’t get the microscope on them like he does.
This amazing country could be so much better than that.
I’d rather the passion for sport we have than the European passion for war and centuries old conflicts.
I’ve said my piece. Congratulations on a great win yesterday and all the best for September.
Cheers all the best today.

they definitely have a home ground advantage.
Owies and Hewitt should’ve started….Cerra on the bench… cotterell sub…a few easy goals when weitering was injured which lifted their confidence.
12pt loss is not a concern !

Was a delaying tactic, a successful one as for the first time they held up the game. Even though other actions such as Buckley hit in the face was play on.

That action by Greene happens dozens of times during a game
So he doesn't even see who took the mark, doesn't look up to see... but it's a delaying tactic to stop the game?

I don't buy that for one second.

So he doesn't even see who took the mark, doesn't look up to see... but it's a delaying tactic to stop the game?

I don't buy that for one second.
I would say it was more to get the free, which didn’t happen. But yes it was a delaying tactic as he had no idea when he kicked it and he was inside Giants fwd 50.
Everyone was stunned when it worked.

I would say it was more to get the free, which didn’t happen. But yes it was a delaying tactic as he had no idea when he kicked it and he was inside Giants fwd 50.
Everyone was stunned when it worked.
Agree to disagree - doesn't change my view of Toby.

Back