Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 17 - GWS v Blues Sat July 6th 7:30pm AEST (Engie)

Who will win and by how much?

• GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Blues by a goal or less

• GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 44.0%
  • GWS by a lot

• Blues by a lot

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

7 goal turnaround from 1/4 time. Nothing special about that.

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Well done GWS. Smashed us after quarter time.
Expected to possibly lose a couple on the run home.
Far from panic stations. A few niggles last week and a few again tonight. Hopefully we don't come away with any injuries.
Good to see the Giants playing good footy again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done GWS. Smashed us after quarter time.
Expected to possibly lose a couple on the run home.
Far from panic stations. A few niggles last week and a few again tonight. Hopefully we don't come away with any injuries.
Good to see the Giants playing good footy again.
Funny- we played a top four team with a depleted outfit and lost by the same margin as Carlton but apparently, we are finished and a rabble.

The choice of Owies as a sub over Hewett is even more puzzling

I didn't watch last week, but I thought Hewett was handy against Essendon and Geelong, so surprised he has gone sub? and then out

Weak as piss Carlton !!

After dominating the first and setting up a match-winning 39-point lead, their big egos got in the way for the rest of the game until the absolute death when they tried to pinch it.

Zac Williams, hang your head in shame, that play on from a mark just inside the F50 (near to 3/4 time) was simply unacceptable and it directly cost us a goal on the turnover.

And you Charlie Curnow, how dare you masquerade as a league footballer when your second efforts are either non-existent or more importantly, simply lazy. It's all well & good to demand silver service delivery but unless you respect the extremely hard work your team-mates upfield put in to get it to you by fighting hard to keep in our F50, then you are a passenger and a fraud !!

I could see Tom De Koning trailing Briggs at CHB and then he let him run all the way down to near full forward and take an uncontested mark, thankfully he missed his shot at goal. However, that was absolutely pathetic defence especially when at the last moment, whilst still jogging forward, De Koning pointed further downfield expecting a smaller team-mate to man up on Briggs. Effing not good enough Tom, you too can hang your head in shame.

Tonight's effort is why I am not convinced we are the premiership threat many people have been saying we are. Far to often we have tried to lairise with dinky kicks and lookaway handballs etc and they have worked, tonight they didn't and look what happened, they made us pay.

The Giants mids were desperate and quelled our midfield drive which in turn, gave them first use far to often, they thoughly deserved their win - hats off !!

If this doesn't set off an alarm bell at Princes Park then I don't know what will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 17 - GWS v Blues Sat July 6th 7:30pm AEST (Engie)

Back