Autopsy AFL 2024 First Semi Final - GWS V Lions Sat Sept 14th 7:30pm EST (Engie) Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 41 35.7%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah good point, wish he could do what Curnow has done in September for the Blues.

NOT.
You guys are the new Pies supporters!

You know in Victoria no one gives a shit about the Lions?? 🤣🤦‍♀️

Giants went into their shells in that last quarter. Strayed from the gameplan they implemented for 3 quarters and tried to slow it down and play a bit of keepings off much too early. Maybe they were gassed from how much hard running they do, or maybe they got nervous trying to protect their lead. The Lions strike me as a team that prefer to play a bit of a slower rhythm than most so the Giants just played straight into their hands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 9th placed mediocre Collingwood team beat this Brisbane team twice this year. It is not that Brisbane do not have the talent its that they are so inconsistent and patchy... as evidenced by the first half tonight. A good side will destroy this Brisbane team on this years form.
Unless Brisbane play like they did for 1 quarter over 4. If they bring that intensity to the game in full then I think they can win the flag.

Could be one of a few GF repeats:

Geel v Port
terry crews fingers crossed GIF by America's Got Talent

They lack that dirty scraggy never die attitude I reckon, I'm thinkin RFC recently, they just went the extra yard at the death. Giants are too pretty.
I see that, yeah.
This is what happens when half your team is playing for the money and the other half has their eye on the exit.
That's a cynical thing to say, but it really does give me pause for thought. Do they need to fix the culture a bit?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 First Semi Final - GWS V Lions Sat Sept 14th 7:30pm EST (Engie) Teams in OP

Back