Autopsy AFL 2024 First Semi Final - GWS V Lions Sat Sept 14th 7:30pm EST (Engie) Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 41 35.7%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No didn’t you read his post- he is the only person in Australia who thinks Idun handballed it.

but did you?

Idun takes possession, tackled by Cameron, you can see Idun's left arm swing in a motion that looks to attempt the handball. Connection is made but we cant see how as Idun is facing away from the camera

The quoted states clearly you CANT see whether Idun executed the handball correctly

Genuine attempt?

meaning - if the disposal is incorrect did the umpire call it a genuine attempt in the absence of not being able to see an incorrect disposal? - A question, not a statement.

End of the day the Lions won thats what the records will say, good luck against the Catters next week.

but did you?

The quoted states clearly you CANT see whether Idun executed the handball correctly

meaning - if the disposal is incorrect did the umpire call it a genuine attempt in the absence of not being able to see an incorrect disposal? - A question, not a statement.

End of the day the Lions won thats what the records will say, good luck against the Catters next week.
Doesn’t that read his left arm made a swinging motion and contact was made? As in a handball? Mate it looked like Joe Burrow, could not have been anything but a throw. You picked apart 10 seconds of play for the whole game, with diagrams, if you going to suggest umpires cost Giants the game it’s just wrong.

diagrams, if you going to suggest umpires cost Giants the game it’s just wrong.

You didn’t read it then.

The post was on the JD push on Taylor, that was a bad call. The various pics were quite clear in what the post was challenging.

Clear free kick mate as was the Giants throw before it few free kicks missed in that play all together and paying the 3rd it happens

I think I'll agree with you on the basis that any arguing about it is pointless. It went off a tangent in response to a post from another poster.

No worries, enjoy next week's game.

I wasn't really fussed who won between the Lachie (traitor) Neale Lions or the Jessie (traitor) Hogan Giants but wasn't impressed with the incorrect call by the umpire on the intentional out of bounds with 3 mins to go and 7 points between the teams. Watched it on Kayo on repeat enough times to see that the ball clearly glanced off the top of the upper forearm of the Giants player. There was no deliberate out of bounds. He didn't have any control over the contact or where the ball was headed. Terrible decision for an umpire to make a call on such a technical decision when so non-obvious at such an important point in a final. Changed the result of the game. I'd be pi55ed if I were a Giants fan. Umps need to stay out of it in finals unless breaches of the rules are flat out obvious.

I wasn't really fussed who won between the Lachie (traitor) Neale Lions or the Jessie (traitor) Hogan Giants but wasn't impressed with the incorrect call by the umpire on the intentional out of bounds with 3 mins to go and 7 points between the teams. Watched it on Kayo on repeat enough times to see that the ball clearly glanced off the top of the upper forearm of the Giants player. There was no deliberate out of bounds. He didn't have any control over the contact or where the ball was headed. Terrible decision for an umpire to make a call on such a technical decision when so non-obvious at such an important point in a final. Changed the result of the game. I'd be pi55ed if I were a Giants fan. Umps need to stay out of it in finals unless breaches of the rules are flat out obvious.
While not debating the merits of your point I would prefer it if finals and regular season games were umpired the same way ... equally consistent across the season that is not equally inconsistent! 😎

The problem as I see it is when the umpires become overzealous with officiating that it ruins the game.

That call against a GWS player where a free was called in the goal square at the end of the first IRRC, he was told to play on before Lions players had moved away, as they're supposed to. The umpire should have stopped play, instructed the player to take possession and Lions player move away from the protected area before play on is called. Rule 20.1.2 Protected Area after a mark or free kick

Then late in the 4th with JD's kick from the boundary.

Idun takes possession, tackled by Cameron, you can see Idun's left arm swing in a motion that looks to attempt the handball. Connection is made but we cant see how as Idun is facing away from the camera

View attachment 2111811

Genuine attempt?

Then the OOB deliberate awarded to JD, Taylor reaching forward, JD has his hands on Taylor's back

View attachment 2111807

JD pushes Taylor into the ball, umpire is watching

View attachment 2111822

View attachment 2111832

View attachment 2111834

JD after the push raises hands in an appeal for a free, Merideth (ump to the top right of JD) calls a deliberate OOB.

View attachment 2111842

Rest is history, however Merideth arguably cost GWS the game with that shit call. He's no rookie ump.
And this was after Hogan’s push in the back was ignored…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Margin under a goal when they were gifted 3 goals from umpires errors is pretty significant.
Look I understand the jealousy of teams who win finals, however ‘gifted’ goals just going to ignore the fact the free kicks were there. Care to comment on the Hogan push in the back? Himmelberg kicking the ball away 5 seconds after Lohmann got a free - no 50, there were other but I not bothering, I mean it was clearly umpired in Lions favour if you ignore the fact GWS got more free kicks. 🤪

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 First Semi Final - GWS V Lions Sat Sept 14th 7:30pm EST (Engie) Teams in OP

Back