Preview AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Swans v Port Fri Sept 20th 7:40pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

• Port by a goal or less

• Swans by 7 - 20

• Port by 7 - 20

• Swans by a lot

• Port by a lot

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

IMG_6432.png

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON
PRELIMINARY FINAL
SYDNEY V PORT ADELAIDE
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 20TH 7:40PM EST (SCG)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

Weekly Prize:
:arrowright: Best score each round wins a year's Premium Platinum membership!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams:
To be announced.

Watch
this thread to be alerted when teams drop.

Final Teams released (Melb Time):
Thursday Match - Wednesday 6:20pm
Friday Match - Thursday 6:20pm
Saturday Match - Thursday 6:20pm
Sunday Match - Friday 5:00pm
Monday Match - Saturday 5:00pm
(NB: Sunday and Monday match Extended Squads are released Thursday 6:20)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

finals-fixture-image-2024-fw-3-prelims.png

Last edited by a moderator:

2003QF at Football Park on a Sunday afternoon.

Swans led all game and held off a late Port charge for the win.
How the hell Swans held on to win that game was right up there

O'Loughlin & Jason Ball were out for the year (O'Keefe & Saddington didn't play either)
Daryn Cresswell was down to one hamstring
Even bloody Paul Roos tore his Achilles the week before

Kennelly, Doyle & Seymour went down and put the Swans down to 19 fit players
They didn't kick a goal for the last 20 minutes against a team that finished 3 games clear on top

And somehow still won, adding yet another chapter of finals failure for Choco's Port teams... who eventually got it together 12 months later

The smaller scg suits our contested brand. Think that’s half the reason we suit up so well against them.

We say it ever week but this game will absolutely be decided in the middle and a big part of that is if JHF is fully fit.

The small size is a myth and Port have played at the SCG once in six years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't get carried away. Tilly is a Port-hater whose jib could use quite some recutting tbh.
I like Port but I also think Sydney will win. They don't have the weapons to punish the Swans, that GWS did. If they had their full compliment of back flankers that would be one area that could cause damage.

It's so hard to win away knockout finals. Plenty of teams get close but very few pull it off. Winning at GWS doesn't count because they lack a raucous home crowd. Port thrashed Sydney this year but it was in Adelaide. I don't read into previous years results.

Last edited:
Sydney haven’t beaten port since 2016, ironically the last time they won the minor premiership. Last meeting they lost by 112 however this is finals footy and we all know port doesn’t cope too well in those conditions.

Swans by 24

I think Port will get the jump on Sydney very early, since The Swans have had such a long break, that won't help their much older list get back into it. I think Port will have to deal with The Swans coming back at them, later in the match, if they do, but Port are exceptional at winning very close matches, but I think Port could blow out the margin significantly again like they did last month against Sydney.

I like Port but I also think Sydney will win. They don't have the weapons to punish the Swans, that GWS did. If they had their full compliment of back flankers that would be one area that could cause damage.
Jase Burgoyne really filled the void of Dan Houston, he was their best player on Friday and he played half back, I think Port's younger list and having more recent games played will make it hard for Sydney's older list and only 1 game played the past month to overcome.
It's so hard to win away knockout finals.
Only before 2016, but because of the bye before the finals, there's been so many away teams winning preliminary finals.

Jase Burgoyne really filled the void of Dan Houston, he was their best player on Friday and he played half back, I think Port's younger list and having more recent games played will make it hard for Sydney's older list and only 1 game played the past month to overcome.

Only before 2016, but because of the bye before the finals, there's been so many away teams winning preliminary finals.
Our list is hardly what you’d call old.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Swans v Port Fri Sept 20th 7:40pm EST (SCG)

Back