Preview AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Swans v Port Fri Sept 20th 7:40pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

• Port by a goal or less

• Swans by 7 - 20

• Port by 7 - 20

• Swans by a lot

• Port by a lot

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't rate Sydney, I don't think they've been good since the middle of the season when I thought they were a shoe in for the premiership, and Port maybe a bit too inexperienced atm, but I think they'll jump Sydney early and either smash them or hold on long enough to win. But I reckon both Geelong and Brisbane if matched up against either Sydney and Port Adelaide would beat them in the grand final.

if Dixon plays i think the only difference in the team that beat sawns by 112 is Farrell and Houston.

they arent worth 112 points by themselves.

if dixon doesnt play, its 3 players difference, but the third out is advantage port. i see Visentini coming in for Marshall.

there is also a rumour going that Farrell could even get up

The odds seem to disagree
The narratives are intriguing, Sydney have the 112 point monkey on the back and a question mark over their own legitimacy. Port have a lot to prove and the continuing Ken saga. From a storyline point of view it writes itself.

Really interested in this. Very unique prelim

Esava said on S.A radio tonight

"We've got two important games coming up"

Shots Fired!🔥
Noooooo!

I'm not looking forward to Horse transforming into a horse (Sydney to Melbourne by horseback is possible, right?).

"You're not riding anywhere Sav! You're not riding! Neeeeiiiiigggghhhh!!"

Last edited:
Swans will win this game comfortably, Port will be without Marshall, Houston and Farrell and I think Burton too.
Can’t see Port getting up for this one. Swans have been the best team all year, eliminated GWS in a very good game. Will be fresher, if the capitulate it would be wasted season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans will win this game comfortably, Port will be without Marshall, Houston and Farrell and I think Burton too.
Can’t see Port getting up for this one. Swans have been the best team all year, eliminated GWS in a very good game. Will be fresher, if the capitulate it would be wasted season.

Burton is all clear to play

The narratives are intriguing, Sydney have the 112 point monkey on the back and a question mark over their own legitimacy. Port have a lot to prove and the continuing Ken saga. From a storyline point of view it writes itself.

Really interested in this. Very unique prelim
But haven't you heard? This is "the worst season of AFL in many a long while", according to a thread title elsewhere.

So the swans are going in unchanged from our 112 point loss are we?

show me where in my post that i mentioned the sydney team.

i think i read somewhere that it is a 3 player difference in the sydney team also. then you factor in SCG v Adelaide oval. its still not a 112 point turn around.

im not saying its a certainty that port win, but its more a a 50/50 game than a 1.35/3.23 game that sportsbet are putting up

i think i read somewhere that it is a 3 player difference in the sydney team also. then you factor in SCG v Adelaide oval. its still not a 112 point turn around.

im not saying its a certainty that port win, but its more a a 50/50 game than a 1.35/3.23 game that sportsbet are putting up
Oh don't worry, we Swans fans are by no means sure of this one.

However our ins from last time are significant ins.

Also the last time we met at the SCG it was as close as a game could be. Freak wind blowing the ball backwards from a certain goal after the siren like some sort of superhero cartoon? LOL.

These inflammatory comments to be posted on the walls of the Sydney rooms
Lol, how is he wrong or inflammatory?

Both clubs essentially have 2 important games coming up, either win the first important one and have another important one.
He didnt say we've got an important game in 2 weeks therefore declaring this weeks game a forgone conclusion like old mate Ginni did.

Pretty clear that 112 was an aberration.

Things that give me hope:
  • Port's record against Sydney
  • Weird things can happen to a team after a 2 week break

Things that are giving me the willies:
  • The current odds
  • The intensity of Friday night's game
  • The confidence of Swans fans on their board.
  • Swans revenge game for 112

Just checked the scores in the prelim and it’s

Swans: 0.0 0
Port: 0.0 0

Port are not starting with a 112 point lead.

Lol, how is he wrong or inflammatory?

Both clubs essentially have 2 important games coming up, either win the first important one and have another important one.
He didnt say we've got an important game in 2 weeks therefore declaring this weeks game a forgone conclusion like old mate Ginni did.
Twas a joke. .....

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Swans v Port Fri Sept 20th 7:40pm EST (SCG)

Back