Game Day AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Swans v Port Fri Sept 20th 7:40pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 68 38.6%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 43 24.4%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Where have I whinged?

Love Kenny.
Port are one of my favourite neutral teams. Would love them to win tonight.
Your supporters are the most entertaining and hilarious in the league.

Whereas you sound like a miserable sod in 99% of your posts.
Yeah I guess you are 100% right, as always.

Good to have feedback from the arbiter of morality and suitable attitudinal behaviour.

I’ll just go and delete my account as a penalty.

A final comment: Here’s to Port and Sydney having a ripper final, a deserving winner through to the Grand Final and no post match controversies.

Yeah I guess you are 100% right, as always.

Good to have feedback from the arbiter of morality and suitable attitudinal behaviour.

I’ll just go and delete my account as a penalty.

A final comment: Here’s to Port and Sydney having a ripper final, a deserving winner through to the Grand Final and no post match controversies.
"Most entertaining and hilarious supporters in the league"

Following that up with a melodramatic meltdown must have been a special treat on your behalf. Please never change. You're a treasure.

No one rates you? All I see everywhere is that you have beaten us the last 8 times and put us to sword in R21 by plenty.

Don't think you have been disregarded, you aren't a longshot by any means. Media here in Adelaide seem to think otherwise (as the Syd media would r.e. Swans).

Anyone's game.
Let’s be honest , no one does rate them . People have been trying to find a way that Port could win but nearly everybody is tipping the Swans .

I’m quietly confident as I fear our big hurdle was getting over the Giants but the odds suggest no one honestly believes Port can win

the week off before the prelim isnt as good as people think it is. Sydney has played 1 game since 25/8. thats 1 game in nearly a month. hard to keep any momentum up like that.

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volleyed and thundered;
Stormed at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of hell
Rode the six hundred.
Raphael de la Ghetto?

Let’s be honest , no one does rate them . People have been trying to find a way that Port could win but nearly everybody is tipping the Swans .

I’m quietly confident as I fear our big hurdle was getting over the Giants but the odds suggest no one honestly believes Port can win
I also though the winner of the Sydney v. Giants Qualifying Final would go on to win it, in the same way as Geelong's narrow win over Collingwood in 2022, and Collingwood's narrow win over Melbourne in 2023, set both of those teams up.

However, I would have been more confident about Sydney if they were playing Hawthorn as opposed to Port Adelaide.

You can't ignore Port's recent record against Sydney - they clearly match up well against you.

But whilst Sydney absolutely should be favourites, I reckon the bookies have this one wrong in relation to the gap between the likelihood of the respective teams winning...

I also though the winner of the Sydney v. Giants Qualifying Final would go on to win it, in the same way as Geelong's narrow win over Collingwood in 2022, and Collingwood's narrow win over Melbourne in 2023, set both of those teams up.

However, I would have been more confident about Sydney if they were playing Hawthorn as opposed to Port Adelaide.

You can't ignore Port's recent record against Sydney - they clearly match up well against you.

But whilst Sydney absolutely should be favourites, I reckon the bookies have this one wrong in relation to the gap between the likelihood of the respective teams winning...
I’m not saying Port can’t win but to suggest pundits are seeing this as a 50/50 game is just wrong .

The fact we are such strong favourites after our loss to them a couple of months ago is ridiculous Imho .

Fully expecting Swans to win this but $1.34 favs seems crazy short odds in a prelim. Especially with our recent record over them.

I’m just hoping for a good, clean game. No injuries and minimal controversy. May the best team win.

Taking joy in others suffering is the sign of a really sick individual. Get help mate.

Slagging off your former coach in the media is also a terrible quality, implying you left for game time when it was the $$$ is also another terrible quality. Gets what he deserves. Lightning doesnt strike twice for no reason

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taking joy in others suffering is the sign of a really sick individual. Get help mate.

Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

Fully expecting Swans to win this but $1.34 favs seems crazy short odds in a prelim. Especially with our recent record over them.

I’m just hoping for a good, clean game. No injuries and minimal controversy. May the best team win.
Without wanting to take the discussion too far into punting board territory, I also feel the odds are out of whack.

However, given my abysmal record as a footy punter, I’m hopeful that the wily old bookies (or the punters that shape the market with weight of money) have spotted something I haven’t, and the Swans win as convincingly as the market suggests.

It's troubling that Dixon is in, even if he takes a few contested marks and kicks a couple of goals, as getting around him at ground level and accelerating away on a few occasions will neutralise any benefits. Nothing personal with the old warrior.

Could have they tried a defensive forward to get i50 turnovers? Nothing gets a team going like a i50 tackle, and turnover goal, and put some nerves into oppo defenders.

But alas, Yorich!

Swans had a 0-11 hoodoo to the pies going into their home prelim in 2012.

Whereas in 2003 they’d beaten the Lions twice then lost the home prelim.

Best of luck to the Swans tonight. If Power win through I’ll cheer them against the Cats (but not Lions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Swans v Port Fri Sept 20th 7:40pm EST (SCG)

Back