Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 11 - Walyalup (Freo) v Pies Fri May 24th 6:10pm WST/8:10pm AEST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 35.8%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood board and the whingers on the main board will give me some good entertainment tonight, quite pathetic to be honest, you can run with the umpire excuses or the 6 players under 10 games excuse all you like, if you were good enough you would have won, plain and simple.
Ahhh…hello!

You didn’t win the game.

You’re lucky you didn’t get humiliated by 5 goals

So much delusional grandiose gobbledygook by you Freo idiots.

Ahhh…hello!

You didn’t win the game.

You’re lucky you didn’t get humiliated by 5 goals

So much delusional grandiose gobbledygook by you Freo idiots.
Oh I completely agree, we were shit tonight, but I'm still going to rightfully take the ever living piss out of the Wobbles fans whining like entitled children. Quality entertainment.

So did Qaynor touch it or not? And if he did, why wasn't it reviewed? I'm assuming it wasn't or wasn't conclusive, but the replay we saw quickly seemed to show he touched?
They did the standard review they do when it goes back to the centre. The nearest umpire didn't call touched, so they didn't do the full review. Footage they showed wasn't conclusive, so was given the all clear. Could have been touched, but doubt it would have been conclusive enough to overturn on a full review.

How Nicholls felt paying that free kick

4t9do0.jpg

Sorry if posted in thread already, but this vision needs to do the rounds. 3 mins before umpire paid that dubious free kick against Collingwood that gifted Freo a goal:

Hah I wondered if it was the same umpire. He seemed pissed that Sidebottom didn't give him the ball back.

Might be a conspiracy, but if you're up by a few goals, maybe doing these little things helps milk the clock

Sorry if posted in thread already, but this vision needs to do the rounds. 3 mins before umpire paid that dubious free kick against Collingwood that gifted Freo a goal:

Haha I remember seeing that and thinking is that a thing where you can place the ball on the ground with no repercussions. No way for them to say you've given it to the wrong player or not handed back quick enough (because it's not handed back at all) etc. Idk.

Pretty funny to see the umpire looking annoyed af at it.

You can still waste time once the clock has stopped. Obviously not by taking time off the clock, but by buying time for your defence.

Like, nobody would be questioning whether Sullivan was wasting time if he'd just kicked the ball away.
All clubs try to slow the play in those situations, allows them to set up defensively

I think that clutching at straws to be honest the 1/2 second that it potentially wasted, and set up defensively. The ball was in Freos fwd line, if anything a bit of time wasting was beneficial to them in that situation.

Ridiculous call, I’ve never seen it paid in all my years watching and playing.

I think that clutching at straws to be honest the 1/2 second that it potentially wasted, and set up defensively. The ball was in Freos fwd line, if anything a bit of time wasting was beneficial to them in that situation.

It was literally paid 3 weeks ago against Brisbane

Haha I remember seeing that and thinking is that a thing where you can place the ball on the ground with no repercussions. No way for them to say you've given it to the wrong player or not handed back quick enough (because it's not handed back at all) etc. Idk.

Pretty funny to see the umpire looking annoyed af at it.

Why would players give the ball back now? If I was a player watching that I'd be leaving it on the ground for the ump at every stoppage from now on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh I completely agree, we were s**t tonight, but I'm still going to rightfully take the ever living piss out of the Wobbles fans whining like entitled children. Quality entertainment.
You should be more concerned about your team and it’s cavalcade of mediocre turnips who consistently let you down with their pathetic attempts at hardness and ruthlessness at the ball.

You know who those players are..and if you don’t acknowledge them ..then you are completely delusional and living in Wonka land.

Has been paid before, but I agree, it should not have been paid

You should be more concerned about your team and it’s cavalcade of mediocre turnips who consistently let you down with their pathetic attempts at hardness and ruthlessness at the ball.

You know who those players are..and if you don’t them you are completely delusional and living in Wonka land.
Oh I am, I call them out every week on our board.

Let me let you in on a little secret, just because my team is shit, doesn't mean I'm going to pass up the chance to take the piss out of other team's fans for acting like little children.

You know who those players are..and if you don’t them you are completely delusional and living in Wonka land.
The most scathing bit of this comment is the team the commenter supports

Look, everyone knows Nicholls is a complete ****wit. So is Stevic.

I don’t know why people rag on Razor Ray - he is a show pony but he’s probably the best actual umpire in the league.

Fair enough...but the ump was angry that day, my friend - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli. The player got about fifty feet out and suddenly, the great beast appeared before him. I tell you, he was ten stories high if he was a foot. As if sensing his presence, he let out a great bellow.

Back