Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 11 - Walyalup (Freo) v Pies Fri May 24th 6:10pm WST/8:10pm AEST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 35.8%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood board and the whingers on the main board will give me some good entertainment tonight, quite pathetic to be honest, you can run with the umpire excuses or the 6 players under 10 games excuse all you like, if you were good enough you would have won, plain and simple.

Build into the season, would you know anything about that Fages?

Some dire posts about Shultzy on the pies board. Sad to see for a bloke that has been overtaken by randoms in Richards.

Further to this, it's exceedingly harsh if this played into the decision, but you even see Sullivan look at the umpire before giving it to Daicos, which I don't think a single commentator mentioned.

View attachment 1999516

I slowed down the footage, but I'm guessing there's copyright issues with posting a video.

Needs to be applied consistency and to just randomly pull one out like this is... questionable... but I suspect they were watching closely because Collingwood do tend to try to slow games down in similar fashions quite a bit when it gets close.
Wasn’t the clock stopped ?

Unfortunately I can’t take a word that comes out of Hodge’s mouth seriously. Has a huge chip on his shoulder when it comes to the Pies.
I hated the guy until he moved to Brisbane at which point I thought he was a sick campaigner.

To be fair it doesn't need to be winding down the clock. Holding up play can suit your team in other ways, to set up and get into position etc.

Just playing devils advocate here.
Exactly.

Wasn’t the clock stopped ?
Would be irrelevant to this rule, the clock would have to be stopped for it to apply. I'm guessing it's more about giving the defence more time to set-up. I don't think that really would have made a difference though, so that (and the lack of consistency) is where I'd take exception to this call.

We had 6 players who played under 10 games, 2 players on debut. We had two key position players injured during the game. It was a bloody miracle we were in front at all. If Fremantle couldn't win this game at home with everything on your terms, you are going nowhere. Your club is a nothing club - it always has been.
Ouchie

Its actually 18.8.2 is the reference you need
Even then, Nicholls clearly says on the mic “he’s meant to hand it to me”. But nowhere in the rules does it say that the player has to hand the ball to the umpire. If Nicholls had said “it’s a free for time wasting” then fine. But that’s not what Nicholls said.

Would be irrelevant to this rule, the clock would have to be stopped for it to apply. I'm guessing it's more about giving the defence more time to set-up. I don't think that really would have made a difference though, so that (and the lack of consistency) is where I'd take exception to this call.
I was just replying to you saying it was a time wasting technique, it wasn’t as the clock was stopped.

Some dire posts about Shultzy on the pies board. Sad to see for a bloke that has been overtaken by randoms in Richards.
To be fair, Richards looks a goer. The Pies have absolutely found one there. I'd 100% persist with him if I was them, even once they get their personnel back. Completing my Supercoach team also depends on it.

As I've said to my own fellow Freo supporters when they've complained, I pass it onto the Collingwood sooks

Complaining about the umpires is for piss weak individuals who can't hold their players accountable and can't accept their team wasn't good enough to get the win.
Sorry I have to disagree. A poor Umpiring decision can significantly change the momentum of a game. It is situation dependent and where/how the free is paid. Everyone could discuss examples and experiences for days. Unfortunately poor decisions are part of the game until 2 things happen. 1; umpires are paid more/correctly. 2; umpires are held accountable for poor decisions.

However from a neutral supporter, kudos to Freo for coming back in the last Q against a top 4 premiership contender to get 2 more points on the table. That was an incredible effort!

Likewise for Collingwood who travelled interstate undermanned and played a solid 3 Q of footy.

I really enjoyed the quality of the game!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting situation. The rule is clear: 18.13 (b). But the vibe is not , I wish that umpire was there when Ramped climbed the goal post. The AFL needs to make a definitive statement on how they want the game officiated
I think 18.13(b) is about not simply handing the ball to another player in general play, that’s why it comes after not throwing the ball and about bouncing every 15 metres.

Regards

S. Pete.

I was just replying to you saying it was a time wasting technique, it wasn’t as the clock was stopped.
You can still waste time once the clock has stopped. Obviously not by taking time off the clock, but by buying time for your defence.

Like, nobody would be questioning whether Sullivan was wasting time if he'd just kicked the ball away.

Unfortunately I can’t take a word that comes out of Hodge’s mouth seriously. Has a huge chip on his shoulder when it comes to the Pies.
Hodge says things like “..feeds it to such and such who finished off nicely on that occasion”

I’d rather grate my eyes with broken shards of glass than listen to that moron give an analysis of a play.

I'm trying to work out under what situation with the clock going could time wasting be enforced? It's during play, if an opposition player doesn't come at you after play on is called then you can jog on with the ball or hold up with it as long as you like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 11 - Walyalup (Freo) v Pies Fri May 24th 6:10pm WST/8:10pm AEST (OS)

Back