Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 14 - Crows v Swans Sat June 15th 7:30pm AEST (AO)

Who will by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

• Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, recruiting has been puzzling. I look at the Swans list with envy. My thinking is that culture is a big part of it and that Adelaide needs to start again, on and off the field.

BTW, your mention of headless chooks reminded me i left McHenry off the initial list. Another that’s not even close to an AFL footballer.

Just be thankful you didn’t have Melbourne take your offer for Petty it would have been worse.

You need to hit the draft and take genuine mids for a couple of drafts. The key posts are there but the midfield looks very pedestrian and I’m not sure sides compete without a top line midfield

Rankine has sort of worked out but it’s very strange that Adelaide want every single small forward maybe midfielder. The fact that Laird is anywhere near the third best mid should be alarm bells…and nowadays to win you need to bat 7-8 even 10 deep in the middle. There’s barely 3 and that’s if you include Soligo.

How Murphy has got 100 games ill never know the bloke runs around like a headless chook for 4 quarters…and he’s somehow in the leadership group!

Yeah but we traded in Rankine already developed so didn't get a chance to ruin him.

Murphy, ostensibly a small defensive forward is with great regularity and with the barest minimum of success, flying for pack marks. He is either coached to do this, or he is very, very, very stupid.

How Lachie Murphy is on an AFL list, let alone playing every week is beyond me.

Hard to see any finals action for the
Adelaide FC for a long time.

Murphy has been terrible.

We had our chances last year and couldn't deliver when it mattered. This year is mainly upon us failing under expectation, but also some injuries have not helped.

Despite the Swans huge second half surges the last 2 weeks and 12-1 start to the season that does not mean they will win the premiership. They still have to earn it. They have never won the premiership after finishing top of the table (1996, 2014, 2016). They also don't want to end up like 2008 Geelong, lose the GF after just 1 loss all season.

Despite the Swans huge second half surges the last 2 weeks and 12-1 start to the season that does not mean they will win the premiership. They still have to earn it. They have never won the premiership after finishing top of the table (1996, 2014, 2016). They also don't want to end up like 2008 Geelong, lose the GF after just 1 loss all season.

Thank you for this insight, most people assume that you don’t have to win the grand final

Crows were extremely inexperienced, 63 games vs Swans 121. It got to be a record this year for any team.

Crows also had 11 players with less than 50 games. Swans 2.

I am actually surprised Crows lasted that long in the game.

Crows were extremely inexperienced, 63 games vs Swans 121. It got to be a record this year for any team.

Yes. Big gulf in experience

Thought the Crows did well bar dropping their knitting late in Q3. Nicks is copping an unreasonable shellacking.

What is the story about 5AA and Rowe suggesting the Crows are creating “a weaker race”? Is he some right wing cooker?

Thought the Crows did well bar dropping their knitting late in Q3. Nicks is copping an unreasonable shellacking.

What is the story about 5AA and Rowe suggesting the Crows are creating “a weaker race”? Is he some right wing cooker?
Stephen Rowe has been calling for changes at board and coaching level for a while on the radio show he co hosts. Last night prior to the game club dignitaries effectively gave a your with us or against us speech. Rowe's comments were in response to this essentially pot shotting the lack of accountability.

Stephen Rowe has been calling for changes at board and coaching level for a while on the radio show he co hosts. Last night prior to the game club dignitaries effectively gave a your with us or against us speech. Rowe's comments were in response to this essentially pot shotting the lack of accountability.

This seems to be the way the crows hierarchy roll.
Apparently Ricciuto has previously suggested that supporters who don’t like the way things are, best find themselves another club to follow …

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This seems to be the way the crows hierarchy roll.
Apparently Ricciuto has previously suggested that supporters who don’t like the way things are, best find themselves another club to follow …

Just weird. Roo and John Olsen just seem dead weights on that Club.

SA clubs have this weird hatred for their coaches its relentless.

Stephen Rowe is a knob, but he at least calls it as he sees it. He can make some dumb comments and tends to sensationalise a bit as well as being a little old school fire and brimstone in his approach.

Comment was also in response to Darcy Fogarty's comments regarding Mitch Hinge's brain fade. Rowe was pushing for Fogarty to say that the leadership group pulled him aside at 3QT and essentially told him to pull his head in. Fogarty's comments were more along the line of the focus was more about how Adelaide would like to play and how they get back into the game. As Hinge is a serial offender with brain fades Rowe took this as being more evidence of a lack of ruthlessness from Adelaide.

It's not this one game though, they were OK last night against the top side. It's that they were expected to play finals, lots of complaining about them being denied finals last year by umpiring and they really haven't done anything this season. They've been much worse not better.

Murphy has been terrible.

We had our chances last year and couldn't deliver when it mattered. This year is mainly upon us failing under expectation, but also some injuries have not helped.
Injuries have been an issue… but they’ve highlighted our complete lack of depth. Hard to think of players that have stepped up in the absence of senior players. Worrall, maybe Keane.. who else?

It would be nice for once if we actually played 4 quarters and not 2 maybe 3. I just hope we aren’t planning to start terribly every week it’s annoying
Only other team I've seen this season not playing four 1/4's is the Lions ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 14 - Crows v Swans Sat June 15th 7:30pm AEST (AO)

Back