Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 19 - Blues v North Sun July 21st 4:40pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goalo or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 31 60.8%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What's going on around here, this is bizarre... You don't need to watch it at 0.25, just scrub through by hand and watch every single step. Jumps in on his left and picks it up stepping off with his right leg, takes a step on the left, the right, his left again and tries to kick it on his right while being tackled.

It's as clear as day.
Don’t worry they are delusional.

They are so conditioned to being favoured by umpires that they now think any infringement against their players that is missed is actually not another umpire blunder.

It’s just their way of coping with having to be given a helping hand to overcome the team that sits 17th on the ladder.

Then the free kick and subsequent 50 to Carlton at the end of the game are wrong.

No prior opportunity and an attempt is made.

Guess what while the 50 was farcical the correct decision was made because he disposed of the ball incorrectly.

Carlton fans are so delusional.
No because LDU had his prior once he lifts his arms over the tackle - as he incorrectly disposes of it is is HTB. Umpire blows his whistle twice and the North player still handballs it away. Flip the teams and not one person is complaining about that 50.

Yeah, I certainly didn't come in here to complain about the umpiring because I thought we were persecuted or anything. Overall, I think North probably got the worst of it, but that happens (especially when you are second last). My comments about the umpiring were from a wider perspective, where the uncertainty and inconsistency about the rules is detracting from the game.
I don't agree with you about the prior opportunity, as I believe Kennedy got himself into a position to kick the ball ("balanced and steady") BEFORE the tackle was applied. But even if you are correct, the issue is that near identical tackles are sometimes rewarded with a free, and sometimes not.
Yes I agree there is no inconsistency in any game. However, there will be no improvement where there is no accountability and simply put the umpires aren't held to account. If a player or coach mentions them they are fined and the only time a decision gets real public scrutiny from the media etc is when it is in the last minute in a close game (i.e, Draper Vs Crows)

Are you still trying to convince yourself that this is play on?

It’s called INCORRECT DISPOSAL and is and should be paid 100 times out of 100.

Do Carlton fans know the rules?

He made an attempt so play on LOL

He made an attempt and disposed of the ball incorrectly.

If they stop paying this then throw the incorrect disposal rule out, because this is the definition of that rule.

Next you will be telling people that Motlop was making a genuine attempt to mark.

Absolute garbage at its finest.

Just admit it was another wrong call that went Carlton’s way and move on.
Not convincing myself of anything. I know for a fact that it is 100% play on.
HE HAD NO PRIOR! That is only HTB if he had prior.
Incorrect disposal is not a rule by itself. It is part of the HTB rule and only applies if a player has had prior opportunity.

I've already stated in here that the Motlop call was 100% wrong and should've been an unrealistic attempt.
I do love how these things always turn into microanalysing all the frees that benefited Carlton while ignoring the ones the other way, like the two much more obvious missed HTB calls that somebody posted videos of above (Xerri and Ford?)

And Kennedy has his prior after taking three steps.

Are you actually listening to how stupid you sound?

Does it hurt that much to acknowledge that your team was once again the beneficiary of shit umpiring?

Or is it just Carlton copium for knowing that the umpires need to intervene for you to beat lowly 17th?
No I can admit when there is a poor decision our way (i.e., like the Fisher one earlier in the game). But I just don't agree with you on the Kennedy decision - that has never been prior opportunity imo.

EDIT: The missed Motlop unrealistic attempt was also a poor non-decision our way - someone mentioned it above.

Yes I agree there is no inconsistency in any game. However, there will be no improvement where there is no accountability and simply put the umpires aren't held to account. If a player or coach mentions them they are fined and the only time a decision gets real public scrutiny from the media etc is when it is in the last minute in a close game (i.e, Draper Vs Crows)
As if anyone in the Carlton coaching panel is going to criticise the umpires.

It would be biting the hand that feeds you.

Not convincing myself of anything. I know for a fact that it is 100% play on.
HE HAD NO PRIOR! That is only HTB if he had prior.
Incorrect disposal is not a rule by itself. It is part of the HTB rule and only applies if a player has had prior opportunity.

I've already stated in here that the Motlop call was 100% wrong and should've been an unrealistic attempt.
I do love how these things always turn into microanalysing all the frees that benefited Carlton while ignoring the ones the other way, like the two much more obvious missed HTB calls that somebody posted videos of above (Xerri and Ford?)
He took three steps got tackled and dropped it.

Anyone that thinks that is play on is living in ClownTown.

As if anyone in the Carlton coaching panel is going to criticise the umpires.

It would be biting the hand that feeds you.
Yes there is an conspiracy amongst umpires and the AFL to hand Carlton wins - that's why we have had all this success in recent times...

*gestures at nothing

No I can admit when there is a poor decision our way (i.e., like the Fisher one earlier in the game). But I just don't agree with you on the Kennedy decision - that has never been prior opportunity imo.

EDIT: The missed Motlop unrealistic attempt was also a poor non-decision our way - someone mentioned it above.
What about the Motlop free in front of goal? Another pot decision your way?

It’s amazing how many poor decisions seem to go Carlton’s way.

Kennedy has prior, he takes three steps and is blindsided by the tackler. It’s dropping the ball every day of the week.

Keeps banging on like an idiot that he had no prior. He had prior and incorrectly disposes of the ball.

He was too slow, plain and simple.

What about the Motlop free in front of goal? Another pot decision your way?

It’s amazing how many poor decisions seem to go Carlton’s way.

Kennedy has prior, he takes three steps and is blindsided by the tackler. It’s dropping the ball every day of the week.

Keeps banging on like an idiot that he had no prior. He had prior and incorrectly disposes of the ball.

He was too slow, plain and simple.
I don't remember the Motlop one in front of goal but it was a very poorly umpired game both ways imo. Unfortunately 80% of games nowadays fall into that category

I don't remember the Motlop one in front of goal but it was a very poorly umpired game both ways imo. Unfortunately 80% of games nowadays fall into that category
It’s funny how you don’t remember an umpire howler when your team directly benefits from it.

Yes it was umpired poorly both ways, but when the game was on the line it was only poorly umpired one way.

It’s pretty shitty when you need some assistance to limp across the line against 17th.

But when the real stuff starts let’s hope you aren’t relying on the rub of the green to get you across the line against sides a lot better than North. Because you will be found out, when the whistle gets put away in finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umpiring was crap but Carlton were the better team and deserved the win. Can’t wait for this young team to play another 50 games together. Feels like 91
You were very impressive and have been for over a month now. Sheezel simply ridiculous, Xerri has established himself as a top 3 ruck in the competition and Comben is looking like a great find.

What's going on around here, this is bizarre... You don't need to watch it at 0.25, just scrub through by hand and watch every single step. Jumps in on his left and picks it up stepping off with his right leg, takes a step on the left, the right, his left again and tries to kick it on his right while being tackled.

It's as clear as day.
Absolute insanity to think he takes more than 1 and a half steps. Perhaps you're confusing his legs with Weitering's, or thinking that he picks it up earlier than he actually does? That's the only thing I can think of.
I guarantee if that was paid against North, you'd be screaming blue murder and that he didn't have prior.
View attachment Screen_Recording_20240721_225730_X.mp4

He took three steps got tackled and dropped it.

Anyone that thinks that is play on is living in ClownTown.
He did not take 3 steps!
If there was some AFL conspiracy to give Carlton frees, then they would jump at the chance to pay the obvious ones that they miss.
It would be far easier and less controversial than making one's up like some believe.

Unless you see the world through Carlton goggles.

Genuinely a bunch of turnips. I actually heard them boo the umpires today at the ground LOL

I’m not sure if they are simple or have just become so conditioned to thinking they deserve a free kick every 10 seconds?
Yes, no other team has ever booed the umps (which I'm sure was just booing a specific decision). Simply doesn't happen. Only the entitled Blues, who get every single dodgy, 50/50, or made up call, would do that...

You guys are all just getting pathetic and predictable with your anti-Carlton tripe. I wouldn't mind if it was mildly amusing, but it's just sad. Worked up into such a froth over things in your head.
It's sad, because North played really well and would've deserved the win if they'd kept it up for four quarters. Instead, it's been ignored and devolved into Blues only won due to some umpiring decisions that were ultimately correct for the most part.

He did not take 3 steps!
If there was some AFL conspiracy to give Carlton frees, then they would jump at the chance to pay the obvious ones that they miss.
It would be far easier and less controversial than making one's up like some believe.
Why do you keep saying conspiracy?

Feeling a bit of guilt about the constant helping hand the Blues receive?

I never mentioned conspiracy, all I have said is that it was holding the ball every day of the week. He took three steps, well maybe two and a half as the tackle is executed as he is taking the third.

the funny thing is that there were worse calls than that the Carlton were on the right end of.

The Motlop free kick in front of goal in the second when no one actually touches him, the 50 and Motlop again putting his hands on McDonalds shoulders and not getting anywhere near the ball, then Larket gets taken high in North’s F5O nothing to see.

It’s amazing how many really shit decisions that a drunk bloke at a pub could get right seem to fall in Carlton’s favour.

No your supporters are genuinely a bunch of turnips.

The booing at half time was at all time simpleton levels.

I’ve never seen a bunch of supporters so incensed at that umpiring when they actually led the free kick count.

It was so stupid that it was actually comical.

As I said they are either really simple or have become so conditioned to thinking they deserve a free kick every 10 seconds that they boo when it doesn’t happen.

Stupid or entitled, you choose?
You can't be calling other people simple and then in the same post use the free kick count to evaluate quality of umpiring.

You can't be calling other people simple when you are using the free kick count to evaluate quality of umpiring.
No I’m calling the incensed booing simple.

Booing and throwing a tantrum at half time just shows how ridiculous your supporter base is.

They were carrying on like they had been systematically reamed for 60 minutes.

It was truly bizarre as up to half time there had been some shocking calls both ways.

It was best described as sheep mentality. We’re losing so let’s boo like a bunch of window lickers.

No I’m calling the incensed booing simple.

Booing and throwing a tantrum at half time just shows how ridiculous your supporter base is.

They were carrying on like they had been systematically reamed for 60 minutes.

It was truly bizarre as up to half time there had been some shocking calls both ways.

It was best described as sheep mentality. We’re losing so let’s boo like a bunch of window lickers.
This literally happens in 90% of games - the umpiring was very poor. Can't be surprised

That's just flat out wrong. Please provide a couple of examples.
Yeah, I'm not going to waste my time doing that. If you want to provide the counter-examples feel free, but I can't be bothered.
If I see one next week and remember I'll let you know.
The fact it attracted attention and comment suggests there's something to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 19 - Blues v North Sun July 21st 4:40pm AEST (Marvel)

Back