Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 2 - North v Freo Sat March 23rd 1:45pm AEDT (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Xerri was excellent last week

He's a real old fashioned bruiser who win clearances and get dirty at ground level. I expect him to try to physically bully Jackson and I don't think Jackson as the physical ability to go with him. However, I'd expect Jackson to blow him up around the ground and beat him pushing forward. Wouldn't be surprised to see him kick 2 or 3 this week
That’s the difference.
Mcinerney muscled Jackson in ruck
Beat him for hit outs and clearances.
But when Mc was dragged into freos 50 he looked like an emu on ice.
Jackson had 6 score inv and kicked a couple goals

I love the players we have sent across, which shows how much talent/depth we have. I am excited that O'Meara, Walker and Will Brodie have been selected - that's some great big-bodied and experienced players right there. Draper has also been flown over, and it will be interesting to see how he goes (looked impressive in the pre-season). We might have injuries from last week, but have enough talent to cover for Wagner, Cox and OMac. Cox started slow last week, so he didn't make as much impact as he usually does when he is fully fit. Wagner had an earlier injury, and we were able to cover for him throughout the game

Looks like Taberner might get another opportunity, and he has been looking pretty fit now that he has recovered from injuries.

I'm optimistic, but Freo is always unpredictable.

I love the players we have sent across, which shows how much talent/depth we have. I am excited that O'Meara, Walker and Will Brodie have been selected - that's some great big-bodied and experienced players right there. Draper has also been flown over, and it will be interesting to see how he goes (looked impressive in the pre-season). We might have injuries from last week, but have enough talent to cover for Wagner, Cox and OMac. Cox started slow last week, so he didn't make as much impact as he usually does when he is fully fit. Wagner had an earlier injury, and we were able to cover for him throughout the game

Looks like Taberner might get another opportunity, and he has been looking pretty fit now that he has recovered from injuries.

I'm optimistic, but Freo is always unpredictable.
Worner is out not Wagner🤦‍♂️

North already going the illness excuse is interesting
We should smash them.

NM are Eagles level of crap. 10 goal win in a canter.

Xerri was excellent last week

He's a real old fashioned bruiser who win clearances and get dirty at ground level. I expect him to try to physically bully Jackson and I don't think Jackson as the physical ability to go with him. However, I'd expect Jackson to blow him up around the ground and beat him pushing forward. Wouldn't be surprised to see him kick 2 or 3 this week
Agree with most of that, but don't underestimate Xerri's fitness levels they're quite ridiculous for a man of his size.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On paper freo comfortably.
You're dreaming mate.

I'll give you your FF line of matchups (Switto, Amiss, Walters).

If Young plays back, you have a superior line along your HBF too (at least Ryan and Young over Laz and Bull).

All other lines either favour North or are a coin-flip.

LDU / Simpkin / Wardlaw / Powell vs Serong / Brayshaw / Young / Fyfe will be fascinating.

You're dreaming mate.

I'll give you your FF line of matchups (Switto, Amiss, Walters).

If Young plays back, you have a superior line along your HBF too (at least Ryan and Young over Laz and Bull).

All other lines either favour North or are a coin-flip.

LDU / Simpkin / Wardlaw / Powell vs Serong / Brayshaw / Young / Fyfe will be fascinating.
wow so yous should expect to be hitting 10 + wins this season as a minimum if youre comparable to our team then seeing as we did that in a shit year last season?

10 wins in as many years (and as many afl handouts), where does this confidence come from?

Nobody said we were any good lol, losing to North at home is just one of many unacceptable lows last year. I was more impressed with the away efforts.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 2 - North v Freo Sat March 23rd 1:45pm AEDT (Marvel)

Back