Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 24 - Cats v Eagles Sat Aug 24th 1:45pm AEST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

• Cats by 7 - 20

• Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

WC no names with a chance to make name for themselves.

They will have a crack.

Its up to us to kill that off.

GO Catters

loop orange GIF

If we can somehow maintain our percentage and not dip below 70% i’ll take that as a win. At least last week was a rock bottom for fumbly.

How much are the cats paying for record score, record winning margin and Cameron to break Fred Fannings record?
We'll need our 2022 or 2007-2011 side to give that a real go. Even the 2013 or 2019 ones.

The absolute upper limit of the 2024 Cats would be about a 110 point win (e.g 160 to 50), and that is on the condition that West Coast bring their very worst output from the past 2 seasons.

Much more likely is something like 115-60 Geelong's way.

A 30 point win I'd see as more likely than a 20 goal thumping.

We'll need our 2022 or 2007-2011 side to give that a real go. Even the 2013 or 2019 ones.

The absolute upper limit of the 2024 Cats would be about a 110 point win (e.g 160 to 50), and that is on the condition that West Coast bring their very worst output from the past 2 seasons.

Much more likely is something like 115-60 Geelong's way.

A 30 point win I'd see as more likely than a 20 goal thumping.
There's no way the Eagles kick 10 goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Edwards or Bazzo

Maric starts on Neale instead

Petch sub

Edwards maybe, Bazzo doesn't have the strength and would be a rough assignment on his first game of AFL for the year

Ginbey has been playing back under schoey and has actually improved a lot in his defense. Maric has never played or trained as a backman

I think most eagles fans would prefer Petch delisted but sub is next best thing I guess

Edwards maybe, Bazzo doesn't have the strength and would be a rough assignment on his first game of AFL for the year

Ginbey has been playing back under schoey and has actually improved a lot in his defense. Maric has never played or trained as a backman

I think most eagles fans would prefer Petch delisted but sub is next best thing I guess
I’ve seen him play spare in defence at times this year (Maric) but admittedly I don’t pay as much attention as you do - I don’t believe it has been for a whole game but I do reckon Maric has something with persisting with just not sure it is as a forward

I don’t mind Ginbey playing as an athletic tall defender but prefer him at CHB against a less threatening forward running off of him, not on a key

Edwards would be an awful matchup on Cameron, id put Darling on Cameron before i put Edwards.
Bazzo has played a month of WAFL and now this is his first game of the year.

Ginbey is better than either of those two tbh
Fair enough, I just think size for size they are better matchups and we saw what Quaynor had done to him against Jezza

Ginbey is a lot bigger than Quaynor though

I’ve seen him play spare in defence at times this year (Maric) but admittedly I don’t pay as much attention as you do - I don’t believe it has been for a whole game but I do reckon Maric has something with persisting with just not sure it is as a forward

I don’t mind Ginbey playing as an athletic tall defender but prefer him at CHB against a less threatening forward running off of him, not on a key

He's played off the wing so I can imagine he's probably drifted into defense on occasion, most fans agree he's better utilised up the ground

Agreed RE ginbey, we were just always going to struggle with this match up with no Barrass or Gov. Makes the defenders look even worse when there is no midfield pressure too

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 24 - Cats v Eagles Sat Aug 24th 1:45pm AEST (GMHBA)

Back