Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 22 - Lions v GWS Sat Aug 10th 1:45pm AEST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 24 63.2%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • GWs by a lot

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Kicking for goal like shit is no different to poor kicking around the game and other mistakes

Lions due for a loss too, good win to the GWS, they have a good side, when they have people fit.

Lions may be better for a mild wake up call, now tune up

How does the rushed behinds work with this system?
Says it in the picture. "Does not include rushed behinds that are carried through by opposition".

I guess that means any other type of rushed behind is counted as an expected score.

Will happily play the Lions again, put on the pressure and bye bye.
Wasn't the pressure that won you the game though, did you not watch or are you still new to AFL?

I didn’t watch the game but if this is the case then Brisbane surely get awarded the 4 points ?
Yup they were…I expect AFL will shortly correct the AFL ladder table and give Brisbane the 4 points to reflect the fact that Brisbane were the winner as they had more attempts at goals, even though we scored more points than them by the end of the match

Wasn't the pressure that won you the game though, did you not watch or are you still new to AFL?
Oh I watched.
Giants gave your guys a quarter start.

Great decision by Kingers, practicing for the heat of finals by giving teams a head start.

And according to your own coach he agrees with regard to the Giants pressure. Soooo.
I guess the pressure caused us to miss set shots, damn.

The Cadman Jones Effect. A nice ring to it. Just when I was thinking about Riccardi, and whether they can rely on Toby and Jesse all the time.

Lions will be spewing they missed some sitters and even looked too relaxed at times.

Giants show some ticker, the coach made another late move, and then of course the last 6 goals showed spirit and can-do attitude.

A couple of annoying things: not showing height/weights of players takes away from the viewer experience espesh when observing matchups. Taylor's late head crash into the turf was not commented on at all, as if .... as if they just don't want to talk about it all, the dhs.

Yup they were…I expect AFL will shortly correct the AFL ladder table and give Brisbane the 4 points to reflect the fact that Brisbane were the winner as they had more attempts at goals, even though we scored more points than them by the end of the match
Not to mention THE LAST SIX!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jones looks like a great find for GWS, it helps that they get access to so many top draft picks though.
Lets go through the stars of todays game.
My picks for the best today
Hogan? Freo basically threw him away as done(wouldnt blame them) and nobody thought he would get it back
Peatling? Pick 8 Mid season draft
Keefe? Delisted
Taylor? Pick 28
Jones? Pick 21
Other performers?
Cadman? Pick one but we traded quite a few top picks to get him
Bedford? Pick 75 and unused at Melbourne
Daniels? Pick 27
Green? Pick 10

So many top picks in those winners.

Hogan? Freo basically threw him away as done(wouldnt blame them) and nobody thought he would get it back
Keefe? Delisted
Taylor? Pick 28
Jones? Pick 21
Other performers?
Daniels? Pick 27
Green? Pick 10

Peating literally turned the game at the beginning of the 2nd quarter he was everywhere.

Hogan has reached heights to be fair nobody thought was possible.

Big O is gonna rag doll whoever he rucks against. 15+ disposals 🔒
Season 9 No GIF by The Office

Keefe? Delisted
Taylor? Pick 28
Jones? Pick 21
Other performers?
Daniels? Pick 27
Green? Pick 10

Throw in Jack Buckley, catB rookie out of the Sydney league & Pick 61 Connor Idun who were both pretty huge down back - another 2 “top picks”

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 22 - Lions v GWS Sat Aug 10th 1:45pm AEST (Gabba)

Back